PDA

View Full Version : First hit with the V1 catapult Oversize

haerdalis
05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
What a nice surprise this racquet was. I have to say the control was alot better than I expected from the racquet. I cant say I really felt the catapults but of course I havent hit with a V1 without them. I felt the catapult the most when I strung the racquet. Which by the way was done with SPPP 1.18 at 50 lbs.
The combination of maneuverability, power, control and stability in this frame is among the best I have experienced. Comfort level was quite high too. Perhaps not as comfortable as my PK ki 15 with lead that weighs about the same (313 g with overgrip and dampener). But the V1 outshines the ki 15 in the control department by a mile.
I see now why these racquets are said to be some of the best all round racquets around. Could really suit anybody.
Now I feel I have to try some of the other V1 aswell.

Anyone who tried this racquet and didnt like it?

haerdalis
05-03-2007, 11:55 AM
I just saw a strange thing. My two racquets are identical except for one thing. One racquet says 107 sq in and the other says 110 sq in. Weird?

haerdalis
05-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Can someone comment on the catapult V1 OS compared to the DNX V1 OS.
I dont know if it is the catapult but today I tried it with a soft multi but it somehow still felt like a poly string.
Is the catapult supposed to be good for the arm?