PDA

View Full Version : How to Demo a PS tour 90

Mr. Sean
05-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Hello people,
Currently I am playing with a ps 6.0 85 and and love playing with it. I've been trying to see if there is any wilson out there that is better than the ps 6.0. I demoed a k90 twice, which I found had too heavy of a swingweight, and a ncode ninety, which felt too light and had no feel. I am trying to demo a ps tour 90 because from what I have read it has a little bit more power than a 6.0 85 and the most feel from the 90 staffs. Since this racquet is no longer for sale from online locations, I was wondering how I could go about demoing this racquet. Is there anyone on this board that will let me demo this racquet for a week.

VGP
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Now that's balls......

dr_punk
05-03-2007, 11:27 AM
thats really, really not gonna happen

Mr. Sean
05-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Ha nm. I thought people did this often on this board. Guess not. Hmmm. Is the tour 90 better than a 6.0 or is the k90 the only racquet out that s a alternative.

dr_punk
05-03-2007, 11:41 AM
The majority is that the k90 has a closest feel to the ps 85

drakulie
05-03-2007, 02:40 PM
The overwhelming majority is that the K90 is the closest thing to the 85 you are going to get.

The Tour 90 is a more solid feel than the ncode 90, but does not come close to the feel of the 85. It does not offer more power, spin, control, or feel.

Just my two cents.

OrangeOne
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Full credit to you for asking, Mr Sean.

I think, *if I had the said racquet*, and provided someone paid postage, a small fee, and did a 'buy' style arrangement with me (ie. deposited a full sum in my account that I'd sell it for), I'd indeed let someone demo a frame I had.

I think.

Mr. Sean
05-03-2007, 03:35 PM
The overwhelming majority is that the K90 is the closest thing to the 85 you are going to get.

The Tour 90 is a more solid feel than the ncode 90, but does not come close to the feel of the 85. It does not offer more power, spin, control, or feel.

Just my two cents.

How is it possible that a racquet with a bigger head and larger sweetspot has less power than a ps 6.0. Just wondering. If the ps tour 90 doesnt come close to a 6.0 in regards to performance than why do so many people use it over a 6.0 85

drakulie
05-03-2007, 03:50 PM
How is it possible that a racquet with a bigger head and larger sweetspot has less power than a ps 6.0. Just wondering.

Well, it does have a larger head. However, when you put the two on top of one another you have to look REAL hard to see the difference.

As for the sweetspot comment??? I didn't find it to have a larger sweet spot. In fact, I felt the string bed was fairly "dead" all over.

As for power: I didn't feel it offered any more power than the 85. I hit better serves with the 85, better ground strokes, etc. I did not notice any> ANY, increase in power.

If the ps tour 90 doesnt come close to a 6.0 in regards to performance than why do so many people use it over a 6.0 85

Easy>>>> they like the way it feels.

POG_guy
05-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Just from my personal experience- why would you want to switch to a 90 or an nCrap or Krap Tour... nothing beats the original, why do you think they still build 'em? The Tour 90 is not a bad racquet, don't get me wrong, however, it just isn't the PS 85. Don't waste your time- stick with the ps 85 and enjoy the gift that has been given to you- not many people can play with and handle the PS 85- god has given you a true gift, cherish it!

Mad iX
05-03-2007, 04:48 PM
If you didn't like the n/K90s, then I doubt the Tour 90 will be worth trying.
The PS85 is unique and if you like it that much then just stick with it.
I like the Tour 90 myself, and it's hard finding one now whereas PS85s are still for sale.

Mr. Sean
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah I found it pretty weird that I liked the ps 6.0 better than a oversize especially since im between a 3.5-4.0. People said its a heavy racquet but I never found it to be that heavy. I actually found the ncodes and the k90s to be too light. They felt like toys compared to my st vinny and my tawain 6.0. The reason why Im curious to switch is because the off days that happen. On an "onday" the 6.0 is a sword. I feel I have complete control of my game. The 6.0 on off days just punish me. Also the lack of use from pros also kind of indicates to me that this racquet is no longer up to standards. Plus im tired of the comments about my oldschool racquets from my young gun partners. Ha. I tried a n95 and it had horrible feel. Im looking for something like a 6.0 85 with similar feel with a bigger head. Im assuming the tour 90 has this. I tried a ncode and a k90 and they werent up to par with my 6.0. Ncode was too light and the k90 was very chunky and hard to maneuver. The only one left is a ps tour 90 which apparently has more feel than a ncode and easier to whip around than a k90. My forehand is very whippy like federers and is my main weapon so I need something that kind of offers the plow effect. Man its amazing how all of these new racquets still cant replace a racquet from the 80's.

drakulie
05-04-2007, 05:46 AM
I wouldn't worry about what your hitting partners say. Additionally, everyone has "offdays" There is no racquet that is going to do anything for you. You have to realize it is *YOU* on these days and not your racquet.

If you want to try out a racquet that has amazing plow thru from the gound, and has "old school" feel>> try the POG.