PDA

View Full Version : Head Prestige Tour: BigServer1, Deuce, Breakpoint, and anyone else

drakulie
05-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey all. Just wanted to ask a few questions regarding this frame.

Could anyone give me a history on this particular frame that is photographed here?

Also, for those who have played extensively with this frame, could you tell me what to expect compared to the Max 200g? I have read it is fairly similar. >>> Very soft and flexible? Is this right??

Last question, how does this one "FEEL" at impact compared to the version with the leather grip. Thanks to everyone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2520.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2524.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2527.jpg

drakulie
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2521.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2523.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2525.jpg

drakulie
05-03-2007, 01:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2526.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2533.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_2528.jpg

vsbabolat
05-03-2007, 04:33 PM
The Prestige Tour 600 came out in 1993. What you have there drakulie is a U.S. version from 1998. This was also the last time HEAD offered this model in the U.S.A. I say this because you have designed in Austria above the grip, on the side of the racquet it just says "Prestige Tour" without 600, and at the inside tip of the head it says "Mid". This is how HEAD marketed the Prestige Tour for the U.S. market in 1998.

Originally in 1993 HEAD marketed the Prestige Tour 600 in the U.S.A as the Trisys 300 600cm2. Then in 1994 HEAD put Prestige on the racquet for the U.S market calling it now the Prestige Tour 300 mid. In 1996 HEAD dropped the 300 from the name for the U.S Market just calling it the Prestige Tour mid with "made in Austria above the grip.

The Prestige Tour is a great racquet. It is nicely muted with great feed back. Comparing it to the Max 200G, both have a muted feel but the Prestige Tour will feel firmer. Nothing is as uniquely flexible and still as solid as a Max 200G. The Prestige Tour is also a very solid racquet that handles mishits very well it is not jarring to the arm.

drakulie
05-03-2007, 04:42 PM
vsbabolat, thanks for your response and insight. How does this one (with the suspension grip), feel compared to the Tour with the leather grip?

Thanks in advance!

BreakPoint
05-03-2007, 04:50 PM
vsbabolat, thanks for your response and insight. How does this one (with the suspension grip), feel compared to the Tour with the leather grip?

Thanks in advance!
I much prefer the Prestige Tour with the suspension grip versus the one without. When I demoed it in the late-90's, it was the closest thing I could find to the Max 200G I was using at the time. The SG really does a good job of absorbing shock and vibration, which is what made it feel closer to the Max 200G, which has almost no shock nor vibration.

I think the ones with the SG were hard to find in the U.S.

BounceHitBounceHit
05-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I much prefer the Prestige Tour with the suspension grip versus the one without. When I demoed it in the late-90's, it was the closest thing I could find to the Max 200G I was using at the time. The SG really does a good job of absorbing shock and vibration, which is what made it feel closer to the Max 200G, which has almost no shock nor vibration.

I think the ones with the SG were hard to find in the U.S.

I agree. I had two of these and have regretted selling them. They are without a doubt my favorite frames in the Prestige Line (yes, I liked them even more than the i Prestige mid, or the FXP Prestige MP).

The frame has a very interesting 'give' at contact but retains excellent control and 'pop'. :D

Best,

CC

vsbabolat
05-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Like BreakPoint has said the Prestige Tour 600 will feel more flexible than the Prestige Classic 600. I personally use the Prestige Classic 600 and have so since 1993. My personal preference was the Prestige Classic over the Prestige Tour.

The suspension grip Trisys 300 and Prestige Tour 300 was all that was available in the U.S. market until 1996. In 1996 HEAD finally decided to sell the Prestige Classic mid along side the suspension grip Prestige Tour mid in the U.S Market.

Say Chi Sin Lo
05-03-2007, 05:35 PM
I too prefer the Prestige Classic over Prestige Tour. Both are very similar, but the I prefer the raw/crisp feel of the Classic over the soft, muted feel of the Tour.

Deuce
05-03-2007, 11:17 PM
As far as I can tell, the Prestige Tours and Prestige Classics were the exact same racquet.
That is, that the actual frame was the same came from the same place, same ingredients, percentages, etc. Only the handle was different, which resulted in different playing characteristics, with the Tour feeling softer and more flexible than the Classic.

One thing to watch out for with the 'Suspension Grip' handle on the Tours is that they have shown a tendency to develop cracks (it is plastic), and/or make a disturbing noise when hitting.

drakulie
05-04-2007, 05:40 AM
vsbabolat, Break Point, Craig A. Clark, Say Chi Sin Lo, and Deuce>>> Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated.

You are all Gentleman and scholars! :)

Look forward to having a hit with this frame.

0d1n
05-04-2007, 05:47 AM
vsbabolat, Break Point, Craig A. Clark, Say Chi Sin Lo, and Deuce>>> Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated.

You are all Gentleman and scholars! :)

Look forward to having a hit with this frame.

DON'T DO IT, it will ruin your K90 timing ! ! ! Hmmm look who's talking I've hit some 7, 8 different frames in the last week or so ... :oops:.
Note to self: Don't do that again ... :grin:

drakulie
05-04-2007, 05:55 AM
^^^^^ LOL.

The timing and just as importantly>>> comfort/confidence level with the K90 is getting better. Now that I am playing a bit more, I am starting to get into a great groove with the frame.

I have never hit or owned a Prestige Classic and have always wanted to test out how they feel. I got this one to add to my collection, but did not purchase it with the intention of switching from the K90. I am extremely happy with the K.

keithchircop
05-04-2007, 06:31 AM
i bought one like it yesterday (my third). but mine has "prestige tour 600" at the side not "prestige tour" only. also, it says 600cm2 at the top not "mid"

drakulie
05-04-2007, 08:08 AM
keithchircop, is your a suspension grip? If so, how long have you had them, and do the grips tend to break?

Also, have you hit with any other racquets such as the max 200g, or the PS 85? If so, how would you compare them? Thanks for your input.

vsbabolat
05-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Just so everybody is clear the Prestige Tour=Suspension Grip and the Prestige Classic=Traditional Pallet.

cghipp
05-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Drakulie, I hit with the Prestige Tour Mid for several years and I never had any problem with the handle. I did have some issues with the head shape becoming more oval on subsequent restrings, which was apparently pretty common for this racquet. That didn't stop me playing with it, though. I was just surprised, when I got a new frame, at how round it seemed compared to the one I already had.

tandayu
05-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Drakulie

My subjective view is that the ps 6.0 85 and max 200g has better feel than Pt600. If you want crisp feel, go with ps 85. For nice soft feel, go with max 200g. The PT600 feels in between those 2 frames. However, it is easier to use the Pt600 due to larger head size, its balance, and control quality feature.

Yes, I have several Pt600 has the noise problem from the suspension grip which happened to be designed in Austria. So far, never have problem with the suspension grip from the earliest version made in AUstria. I am not saying the made in AUstria never have problem, but mine has not exhibited problem.

drakulie
05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
cghipp, tandayu, CC, thanks for your input. Special thanks to vsbabolat! I have learned a great deal from this thread.

Jonnyf
05-05-2007, 02:49 PM
i bought one like it yesterday (my third). but mine has "prestige tour 600" at the side not "prestige tour" only. also, it says 600cm2 at the top not "mid"

I got one of these a few weeks ago unstrung for 5

keithchircop
05-06-2007, 12:25 AM
keithchircop, is your a suspension grip? If so, how long have you had them, and do the grips tend to break?

Also, have you hit with any other racquets such as the max 200g, or the PS 85? If so, how would you compare them? Thanks for your input.

sure it's a suspension grip. i feel it's a bonus over the normal grip of the classic (available from TW for bloody $180). some complain about the muted feel but my elbow sure doesn't. have been using this racquet for a year, 3 times a week - grips never broke.

never tried a prostaff. tried the dunlop max 200g but not for long, didnt like it at all - too old school for my taste. so i cannot compare. the prestige tour feels like an early 90s slazenger phantom pro but easier on the elbow and with way more control. the ball really goes where you want it to.

it's not that rare to find an unsold prestige tour in some store at $70 or much less. when i do i just buy it on the spot. $110 (or more) less than TW and you get the suspension grip. why say no?

also, i think the improvements in racquet technology in the last 10 years aren't improvements at all. this obsession with 10 ounce racquets... i dunno maybe i swing too hard. and so do the pros since most of them use painted 10 year old racquets.

keep us posted on how you find the prestige tour!

keithchircop
05-06-2007, 08:33 AM
i've got 2 questions for you guys.

my prestige tours all say "designed in austria" above the grip. i know prestige tours started being produced in 1993 and as far as i know those early models didn't have "designed in austria" written on them.

1) when did they start having that writing on them? 1998?

2) when did production of this racquet seize?

vsbabolat
05-06-2007, 10:08 AM
i've got 2 questions for you guys.

my prestige tours all say "designed in austria" above the grip. i know prestige tours started being produced in 1993 and as far as i know those early models didn't have "designed in austria" written on them.

1) when did they start having that writing on them? 1998?

2) when did production of this racquet seize?

HEAD started putting "Designed in Austria" above the grip Of the Prestige Classic and Prestige Tour in 1998. This only signifies that the Designed in Austria racquets were manufactured in Kennelbach, Austria and then shipped to the HEAD factory in the Czech Republic to be Painted and Finished.

1998 was the last model year for the Prestige Tour in the U.S.A. IN 1999 only the Classic Mid was sold in the U.S.A. Remember that HEAD lost the rights to the Prestige name to Wilson in the North American Market in 1999 and 2000. In those years HEAD sold the Prestige Classic 600 in North America as the Classic Mid.

HEAD ended Production for the Prestige Tour 600 at the end of 2000. In 2001 the Prestige Tour 600 and the Prestige Classic 600 were replaced by the i.Prestige mid.

keithchircop
05-06-2007, 10:14 AM
HEAD started putting "Designed in Austria" above the grip Of the Prestige Classic and Prestige Tour in 1998. This only signifies that the Designed in Austria racquets were manufactured in Kennelbach, Austria and then shipped to the HEAD factory in the Czech Republic to be Painted and Finished.

1998 was the last model year for the Prestige Tour in the U.S.A. IN 1999 only the Classic Mid was sold in the U.S.A. Remember that HEAD lost the rights to the Prestige name to Wilson in the North American Market in 1999 and 2000. In those years HEAD sold the Prestige Classic 600 in North America as the Classic Mid.

HEAD ended Production for the Prestige Tour 600 at the end of 2000. In 2001 the Prestige Tour 600 and the Prestige Classic 600 were replaced by the i.Prestige mid.

mine are all european prestige tours. do you know when head stopped producing them?

vsbabolat
05-06-2007, 10:26 AM
mine are all european prestige tours. do you know when head stopped producing them?

HEAD ended Production for the Prestige Tour 600 at the end of 2000. In 2001 the Prestige Tour 600 and the Prestige Classic 600 in the European Market were replaced by the i.Prestige mid.

keithchircop
05-06-2007, 10:33 AM
HEAD ended Production for the Prestige Tour 600 at the end of 2000. In 2001 the Prestige Tour 600 and the Prestige Classic 600 in the European Market were replaced by the i.Prestige mid.

thanks a lot man :D

vsbabolat
05-06-2007, 10:43 AM
You Welcome!

I just want to add that HEAD might have done one SMU (Special Make-Up) of the Prestige Tour 600 for Europe since it was officially discontinued. Because I remember seeing some new Prestige Tour 600 on a European web site around 2003. Just like when HEAD did two SMU of the Prestige Classic 600 for Europe and U.S.A in 2003 and 2006.

keithchircop
05-06-2007, 10:46 AM
what does this SMU entail? how would i know if i had such a racquet?

vsbabolat
05-06-2007, 11:14 AM
what does this SMU entail? how would i know if i had such a racquet?

There MIGHT have been a SMU of the Prestige Tour 600 for Europe. I don't remember if there was one or not. You would not know. It just entails that a few very key accounts were able to pre-book X number of racquets and get a production run after the racquet was discontinued.

BreakPoint
05-06-2007, 11:50 AM
SMU = Special Make Up

Alex
05-07-2007, 08:48 AM
HEAD Prestige Tour 600 has the lowest swing weight among all the Prestige released. LiquidMetal Prestige Mid swing the heaviest among the Prestige.

Till now, i have not find a Prestige that swing and feel as good as the Prestige Tour 600.

tandayu
05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
HEAD Prestige Tour 600 has the lowest swing weight among all the Prestige released. LiquidMetal Prestige Mid swing the heaviest among the Prestige.

Till now, i have not find a Prestige that swing and feel as good as the Prestige Tour 600.

It depends on which version of PT600 you have. If you have light swing weight, most likely it weight 340 gram strung, or even less if your cap has been replaced with the later version.

tandayu
05-07-2007, 06:57 PM
There MIGHT have been a SMU of the Prestige Tour 600 for Europe. I don't remember if there was one or not. You would not know. It just entails that a few very key accounts were able to pre-book X number of racquets and get a production run after the racquet was discontinued.

Vsbabolat, Pt600 is not the only frame with suspension grip? I think the trisys 150 or discovery has same suspension grip.

vsbabolat
05-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Vsbabolat, Pt600 is not the only frame with suspension grip? I think the trisys 150 or discovery has same suspension grip.

Yes you are right the Discovery 600, 660, and 720 had the suspension grip and the Trisys 150 in the corresponding head sizes. I almost forgot one other racquet had the suspension grip the Competition SG. It was part of the Pyramid line of racquets from 1996

Phil
05-07-2007, 09:07 PM

Although some people will say the Tour w/suspension grip and Prestige Classic are the exact same racquets, I've used both, and used them enough that I can say that they DO NOT feel the same. Although the difference is not great, the PC feels more solid and hits better. I'm not sure if this is due to the suspension grip/lack of it, or some other production factor, but I'm not the only one who has made this comment.

I've hit with the Max 200G (I own a couple), and NOTHING feels like that stick. Like butta...MELTED BUTTA! It feels softer than the Tour/PC-quite a bit softer. I never hit the ball out with that racquet (or so it seemed)-a control machine. But it has less power than the Heads-and they aren't exactly powerful sticks. Man, for hitting flat, there's nothing like it.

I've only hit with the PS 85 a couple times-not enough to make an informed comparison with the Max 200 G or the PC (which I've used for around 9 years now), but I recall it feeling very good-like the PC-maybe very much like it. With prolonged use I would probably not appreciate the much stiffer PS 85, but again, not sure-only speculating here.

keithchircop
05-08-2007, 06:14 AM
i wonder if drakulie managed to remove the protective plastic covering the grip without peeling off the grip

drakulie
05-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Although some people will say the Tour w/suspension grip and Prestige Classic are the exact same racquets, I've used both, and used them enough that I can say that they DO NOT feel the same. Although the difference is not great, the PC feels more solid and hits better. I'm not sure if this is due to the suspension grip/lack of it, or some other production factor, but I'm not the only one who has made this comment.

I've hit with the Max 200G (I own a couple), and NOTHING feels like that stick. Like butta...MELTED BUTTA! It feels softer than the Tour/PC-quite a bit softer. I never hit the ball out with that racquet (or so it seemed)-a control machine. But it has less power than the Heads-and they aren't exactly powerful sticks. Man, for hitting flat, there's nothing like it.

I've only hit with the PS 85 a couple times-not enough to make an informed comparison with the Max 200 G or the PC (which I've used for around 9 years now), but I recall it feeling very good-like the PC-maybe very much like it. With prolonged use I would probably not appreciate the much stiffer PS 85, but again, not sure-only speculating here.

Phil, thanks for the input.

I have hit with the 200g a lot. It was my first graphite racquet. I hit with it during my high school years, before switching to the PS85. I agree it is a very soft racquet, with a buttery feel. >> Nothing like it.

I've never hit with the Prestige classics, which is why I started the thread. I'm not switching to the frame, but wanted to add it to my collection. I've read the feel is somewhere between the 200G and PS85. From my onw experience>> they both have great feel with the 85 being stiffer and the 200 G being much softer. Judging from the comments from everyone here, it seems like everyone is in agreement. I will be stringing it up and playing with it this weekend.

drakulie
05-08-2007, 01:47 PM
i wonder if drakulie managed to remove the protective plastic covering the grip without peeling off the grip

keith, I haven't taken the plastic off yet. I will be stringing it up this weekend.

keithchircop
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
ten year old protective plastic + hot temperatures...

have a replacement grip ready.

drakulie
05-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I have a bunch. Even if it doesn't fall apart, I will probably change it anyway. I only like playing with leather grips. I'll keep everyone updated.

drakulie
05-10-2007, 04:18 PM
had a hit for the firt time with the Classic. Craig Clark was kind enough to sell me one. THANKS CC!

I took it out today, but was only able to hit with it for about 20 minutes>>> I popped the strings. I will say it feels very good. I really enjoyed the weight and swingweight of the racquet. I also really enjoyed the tight string pattern. Definitely provides great directional control. I was able to generate a lot of racquet head speed, and was hitting some monster forehands>>> both very flat and with spin. The volleys were very crisp.

I agree the feel of the racquet (stiffness) definitely falls between the 200G, and PS85. >>> maybe a bit more to the 85.

I just strung it with Lux Big Banger mains, and Gosen crosses at 58 lbs. Will hit with it again tomorrow morning and give a more thorough review.

Thanks to everyone who gave input.

Ultra2HolyGrail
05-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I believe safin uses this model. I remember when the intelligence prestiges came out he said 'i dont like new model' ;)

Ross K
09-22-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm totally absorbed by this thread (on a bit of a 'Prestige/similar quest for knowledge' at the moment! And funnilly enough, I've been trying to get ppls views and any feedback whatsoever on the pt600's bigger bro the Prestige Tour 660 in a different thread.

So... anyone?... for example, surely it's very like like the pt600?...

keithchircop
09-23-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm totally absorbed by this thread (on a bit of a 'Prestige/similar quest for knowledge' at the moment! And funnilly enough, I've been trying to get ppls views and any feedback whatsoever on the pt600's bigger bro the Prestige Tour 660 in a different thread.

tandayu, vsbabolat and michael chaho are the guys you need to speak to.

Deuce
09-23-2007, 01:21 AM

Not "surely" at all.
I've never hit with the 660 sq. cm. version of the Prestige Tour - but it would surprise me if it is "very like" the 600 sq. cm. version.
Rarely, if ever, are different sizes of the "same model" similar. The POG Mid and OS are completely different racquets with completely different feels. Same for the ProStaff 85 and 95, and countless other frames that have come in two or more sizes.
Most often, they are entirely different racquets, and the only things that these frames have in common is the name and graphics.

keithchircop
09-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Deuce is right. Just look at the swingweights of the two racquets, PC600: 323, PC660: 336. Also, using the USRSA power index, the PC600 has a power of [(89.5x60x323)/1000] 1735 whereas the PC660 has a power of 2091. That's a difference of 356, which is A LOT. They way I hit, I'm positive most of my flat balls would be sailing long with the PC660. With the PC660 you're not just getting a more forgiving PC600, you're getting a totally different racquet, with similar layups and design.

The only larger racquet (102 or more) with similar power to the PC600 is the M Speed Pro 1 105.

Ross K
09-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Deuce and keithchicop,

Okay. Sorry. Sloppy turn of phrase...

Now then... can anybody possiblly tell me a bit about how the pt660 plays? It's characteristics, etc? Anything about at would be very much appreciated!!!

keithchircop
09-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Now then... can anybody possiblly tell me a bit about how the pt660 plays? It's characteristics, etc? Anything about at would be very much appreciated!!!

I suggest you search about the Classic Tour and Prestige Midplus. Everything that goes for those goes for the PT660. The suspension grip just gives the racquet a nice muted feel.

NickOlsen
09-23-2007, 04:09 AM
I had a PT600 before I had my PC600. I preferred the PC600. The PT seemed heavier, and when I cracked the frame, it seemed to have this silicon inside the frame?

keithchircop
09-23-2007, 06:21 AM
As far as I know the PT600 had a swingweight equal to, and occasionally lower, than the PC600.

Pro_Tour_630
09-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Deuce and keithchicop,

Okay. Sorry. Sloppy turn of phrase...

There are PT660's without suspension and PT660's with suspension, there are also earlier versions which say Twaron on top. The one TW has is the non suspension grip with hologram stickered buttcap. It is the crispiest of the three. For me it was a bit too much of a head size to grove with coupled with over 12oz frame at 337 plus SW. In general I would not venture over 100sq. I am trying out a Microgel radical pro and it is 100sq and I can feel that it is borderline OS, great for doubles though. This PT660 is also great for doubles it packs big serves and very solid on volleys. If you have a OHBH I would not look at the PT660. Even though it says Midplus i would consider it a super midplus.

Ross K
09-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks michael for above ^,

Due to various factors that have conspired to confuse the matter a bit - such as the no. of slightly different versions (as you point out); the different names (Classic Tour 102, Classic MP, Prestige Tour 660); the existence of it's smaller headed brother, the pt600; it's relationship with other 'kin' racquets such as the Trisys 300; the slightly hazy history (which isn't helped by a one-time US ban on Head using the 'Prestige' name, but a ban that didn't apply to other markets - hence, the racquet I'm interested in is a Prestige Tour 660 - and unlike some have said, it cannot be taken as red that it is exactly the same as the Classic Tour 102); etc - although I've done some extensive searches, the results have been a little sketchy and far from plentiful. So then, it's actually great to hear views from someone with some personal experience of the PT660!

Cheers,

R.

Goggles
09-23-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm thinking of getting a couple of PT actually (The one originally posted) . Is this the same as the Prestige Tour 300MS?

vsbabolat
09-24-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm thinking of getting a couple of PT actually (The one originally posted) . Is this the same as the Prestige Tour 300MS?

Yes it is. The Prestige Tour 300 marked racquets were for the U.S. Market.

The Prestige Tour 600 came out in 1993. What you have there drakulie is a U.S. version from 1998. This was also the last time HEAD offered this model in the U.S.A. I say this because you have designed in Austria above the grip, on the side of the racquet it just says "Prestige Tour" without 600, and at the inside tip of the head it says "Mid". This is how HEAD marketed the Prestige Tour for the U.S. market in 1998.

Originally in 1993 HEAD marketed the Prestige Tour 600 in the U.S.A as the Trisys 300 600cm2. Then in 1994 HEAD put Prestige on the racquet for the U.S market calling it now the Prestige Tour 300 mid. In 1996 HEAD dropped the 300 from the name for the U.S Market just calling it the Prestige Tour mid with "made in Austria above the grip.

The Prestige Tour is a great racquet. It is nicely muted with great feed back. Comparing it to the Max 200G, both have a muted feel but the Prestige Tour will feel firmer. Nothing is as uniquely flexible and still as solid as a Max 200G. The Prestige Tour is also a very solid racquet that handles mishits very well it is not jarring to the arm.

hyogen
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
what do you guys think of this auction ? should i buy or no?

http://cgi.*********/HEAD-CLASSIC-TOUR-MIDPLUS-MP-PRESTIGE-tennis-racket-NEW_W0QQitemZ140159807748QQihZ004QQcategoryZ22714Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am VERY curious to see how this racquet hits... I've been getting tennis elbow lately and I would love a buttery racquet. I also LOVE the prestige...from the i.prestige to the fxp prestige team.

hyogen
09-24-2007, 01:03 PM
TW sells the Prestige Classic Tour.......

does this have the suspension grip?

looks like the one I linked on **** was the classic tour as well.

as far as I could tell from this thread there is a classic and a tour....which one is this one??

Thanks!

I have been getting bad tennis elbow lately after switching from an i.Radical to a TT Warrior.

How much softer is this prestige Tour and classic than an FXP Prestige Team?

I have gathered that it's a good idea to stay away from the liquid metal Prestige.

Microgel Prestige sounds promising!

Ross K
09-24-2007, 01:31 PM
TW sells the Prestige Classic Tour.......

does this have the suspension grip?

looks like the one I linked on **** was the classic tour as well.

as far as I could tell from this thread there is a classic and a tour....which one is this one??

Thanks!

I have been getting bad tennis elbow lately after switching from an i.Radical to a TT Warrior.

How much softer is this prestige Tour and classic than an FXP Prestige Team?

I have gathered that it's a good idea to stay away from the liquid metal Prestige.

Microgel Prestige sounds promising!

. Unless I'm mistaken, the item you're referring to DOESN'T have the SG.

. Unfortunately your **** photo isn't coming up.

. Did you used to play with the i. Prestige? (It's a good choice for arm injury issues, I believe?)

. General point: regarding these frames, it does seem to be pretty hard to come up with much by way of wholly dependable info, not to mention info from experienced users of these particular rods?

Good luck with getting your queries answered.

R.

drakulie
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
The link doesn't work. What is the item #??

The classic does not have the suspension grip.

Richie Rich
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
#270167294761 for the 600 or #140159807748 for the 660????

hyogen
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
ah, so the link that wasn't working. it was the same 660 that the above poster was talking about: 140159807748

I called "racketguy" and he says it is the CLASSIC not the tour. Does not have the suspension handle.

So....is the Prestige Classic comparable to the i.Prestige in being good for tennis elbow?

Or should i not settle for anything less than a Prestige Tour.

Thanks y'all

hyogen
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I also called up TW...the one they have for sale is the Classic Tour ...which does NOT have the suspension grip.

drakulie
09-24-2007, 02:08 PM
So....is the Prestige Classic comparable to the i.Prestige in being good for tennis elbow?

Thanks y'all

In my experience the only thing that truly cures tennis elbow are rest, and proper technique.

However, the tour definitely plays softer than the classic, so it may somewhat suit your needs. Although I prefer the classic, the tour is an equally unbelievable frame.

Richie Rich
09-24-2007, 07:10 PM
ah, so the link that wasn't working. it was the same 660 that the above poster was talking about: 140159807748

I called "racketguy" and he says it is the CLASSIC not the tour. Does not have the suspension handle.

Thanks y'all

of all the prestiges, i.prestige is by far the stiffest. not that it is in PD territory just that it's the stiffest prestige compared to the tour and classic.

if you insist on playing with TE, get a relatively heavy flexible racquet and string with a good multi (tecnifibre nrg2 comes to mind) or gut at mid tension and you can probably live with your TE. do not put poly in your frame

Ross K
09-24-2007, 09:29 PM
hyogen,

Richie Rich is right. Having recently done some research on the i. Prestige (and others in the line and similar), it's true apparently: it indeed has the rep of being the stiffest of the bunch. I only use the word 'apparently' because, appropriately enough, I'm used to the Babs, and to me the i. Prestige isn't stiff in the least!

hyogen
09-24-2007, 10:13 PM
hyogen,

Richie Rich is right. Having recently done some research on the i. Prestige (and others in the line and similar), it's true apparently: it indeed has the rep of being the stiffest of the bunch. I only use the word 'apparently' because, appropriately enough, I'm used to the Babs, and to me the i. Prestige isn't stiff in the least!

thanks a lot for your guys' help. No wonder I've been getting tennis elbow.
i switched from a soft frame i.radical to TT warrior....2 of which have poly strings and one has a monofilament Prince topspin string...

keithchircop
09-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Unless you swing softly I suggest avoiding stiff racquets altogether. They're not worth the risk. K90 included.

hyogen
09-27-2007, 07:30 AM
If you guys haven't seen the new prestige yet: there are pictures on page 3 of this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=158763&page=3

looks nice ;) :D