PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a racquet....

macroscopic
05-03-2007, 06:18 PM
that has similar playing characteristics to a ncode 6.1 95 (16 x 18) but with slightly less weight (maybe a half ounce less) and a touch more flex.
Thinking about the nblade or pure storm but please make recommendations
The flex numbers on volkl and fischer look interesting.

I find that I'm changing my stroke a little with this racquet ( a little shorter and less speed) to compensate for the power.
Sure do like it on the serve though. Also like to mix deep balls with sharp angled shots a lot.
Thanks

Bottle Rocket
05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
The nBlade and Pure Storm are a lot more than .5 ounce less...

I have never hit with an nBlade, though I would like to. The Pure Storm is a completely different playing racket than the nSix-One. Nothing in common. The PS really feels flexible, light, and maybe even flimsy comared to the nSix-One.

The M Speed Pro #1 is the only Fischer I have hit with and it is also a completely different stick than the nSix-One, but you might like it. It is closer in weight, but plays very nice. It has the mos unique feel of any racket I have used, a very nice feel. Definitely woth a try along with the Vokl.

Why the flex requirement?

Borat
05-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Fischer M-Speed 98 SL, .3 oz less, but much less Swingweight. It is a great frame.

tennis_hand
05-03-2007, 07:24 PM
what about the n61 95's Asian version? weight 310grams without strings. you may like it.

ibringtheHEAT
05-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Dunlop M-fil/Aerogel 300.

Fischer M Speed 98.......only a few tenths of an ounce lighter but plays really comfortably.

Possibly One of the older Yonex's

logansc
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
I agree with HEAT, the Dunlops are less stiff but not too flexy, also I foung adding some lead at 3 and 9 to make up for the weight difference makes a huge difference on the MF, can't say for the Aerogel but I've heard they play pretty close.

ibringtheHEAT
05-03-2007, 08:17 PM
I agree with HEAT, the Dunlops are less stiff but not too flexy, also I foung adding some lead at 3 and 9 to make up for the weight difference makes a huge difference on the MF, can't say for the Aerogel but I've heard they play pretty close.

Yeah, I have lead at 3 and 9 on mine also. The aerogel doesn't really require lead, and plays similar to a leaded m-fil.

phucng_10
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, I've played with the n6.1 95 also.
Didn't really like anything about it and sold it 2 months later.
Demoed the Babolat Pure Drive Standard and loved it.
Bought it the next week from a friend that was selling it to get the newer Babolat Pure Drive.

logansc
05-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Also might want to check out the Dunlop 200G XL, its a tad lighter more flexible and inexpensive, also the MF200 XL 2006, same deal.

kreative
05-04-2007, 03:51 AM
nblade won't play similar to the n6.1 imo.

i'd try the pure storm or pure control; even though the PC has a stiffer rating, you can string it in range w/ a multi, and it feels nice.

maybe fischer mspeed 98 would work also, or volkl dnx9

fgs
05-04-2007, 02:16 PM
i played the n6.1 95 (18x20) for a year and have switched to the 106 blades some 7 months ago.
first thing - they play = feel quite different, the blade brings in my opinion more touch to the game due to its lower stiffness. i demoed the 98 blade for comparison to the n6.1 95, so i'm quite acquinted with it's capabilities. both blades have less weight but still sosme healthy swingweights, so heavy balls have been no issue. due to the denser stringpatterns you do get quite a lot more control than the n6.1 95 (16x18) has to offer, to going for angles should be no problem. i do get all the topspin i like from my blades.
best thing to do is getting some racquets, as there have been some other proposals form other posters too (racquets i have not had the opportunity to play with - the fischer's and dunlop's), for a demo and find out yourself what best fits your game.

fuzz nation
05-04-2007, 09:31 PM
In the feedback section for the DNX 10 midplus, it looked like a few players switched to that racquet from the nSix-One 95 and never looked back.