PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Drive

phucng_10
05-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Well, I just bought this racquet from a friend and I noticed this crack.
I was wondering if there was any way to fix it cause, when I play, I think about it..
and I'm worried that I just paid $80 for this racquet and it might crack sometime soon.
If you look closely, it looks like its about to go in deep. :sad:
Should I get a new grommet, and put some head tape from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock.
On the inside? Or what should I do?
What would help? Cause it's really worrying me.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/bmx_408/DSC02786.jpg

logansc
05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Is that just a paint chip or is it an actual crack in the frame itself?

phucng_10
05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Is that just a paint chip or is it an actual crack in the frame itself?

I think its going into the frame.
If you look closely at the black part, I think thats the material.
For a regular paint chip, it goes from the blue to a white layer then the black layer.
Looking at this crack/paint chip, it seems like it passed those 2 layers.
:sad:

knasty131
05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
i wouldnt consider this guy a friend...lol who sells a friend a racket with a crack in it for 80???

kalic
05-03-2007, 11:05 PM
This is classic damage from throwing racquet in anger. When you remove strings, crack will grow, and you will hear strange sounds when twisting unstrung racquet (and man is NOT your friend). If not, then it is surface damage.

phucng_10
05-03-2007, 11:13 PM
This is classic damage from throwing racquet in anger. When you remove strings, crack will grow, and you will hear strange sounds when twisting unstrung racquet (and man is NOT your friend). If not, then it is surface damage.

Well, I told him and he's going to give me my $80 back tommorow.
I'm thinking about trying out the O3 Tour MP.
Has anyone hit with it before?

kreative
05-04-2007, 03:47 AM
O3 Tour MP is a decent frame. Has less pop than the PD, and has a very muted feel. I played really consistent with it, but had problems putting the ball away. I have a buddy of mine though who really smacks the ball with it, so it just depends on your game. (ps. he can't keep the ball in the court w/ the PD)