PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 Tour

phucng_10
05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Has anybody played with this racquet yet?
If so, how does it play?
Hows the feel and control?

PrinceO3TourOS
05-03-2007, 10:14 PM
I use the Prince O3 Tour Oversize :D it's a great racquet of excellent quality. It plays very good and stable with a little more power than other control racquets, it swings very fast and it has a bigger sweetspot because of o-ports, everything that Prince says about O3 Racquets are true ;) obviously it can be customized by adding weight, for me it's not necessary because I have a very sensitive elbow, I recommend this racquet for people with elbow issues or players who want more power in a control frame. For the rest of players the Prince O3 Midplus or Mid is a great choice with the best technology ;)

kalic
05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
All great reviews of O3 tour are truth. Biggest sweetspot, extreme confort, super spin... And flexy and forgiving frame means great control and feel from all areas of court. Only downside is that strings move a lot, if you use soft strings.

phucng_10
05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Will Technifibre NRG2 or Luxilon Alu BB Power 16L good for the O3 Tour?
I've hit with the O3 White, it feels really good having a big sweetspot, but I didn't think the O3 White was the racquet for me to start playing serious.

PrinceO3TourOS
05-03-2007, 10:42 PM
All great reviews of O3 tour are truth. Biggest sweetspot, extreme confort, super spin... And flexy and forgiving frame means great control and feel from all areas of court. Only downside is that strings move a lot, if you use soft strings.

Yes, I forgot to say that the Prince O3 Tour OS has the best spin of all O3 racquets :D I use Tecnifibre strings and they fit very good in this racquet ;)

phucng_10
05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, I forgot to say that the Prince O3 Tour OS has the best spin of all O3 racquets :D I use Tecnifibre strings and they fit very good in this racquet ;)

Oh, what exact strings do you use from TF?

PrinceO3TourOS
05-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Oh, what exact strings do you use from TF?

Tecnifibre Duramix 16, it's expensive (in my country), they're very durable :D the perfect combination of power and control, plus the greatest feel I have experienced :)

AndrewD
05-04-2007, 12:05 AM
PrinceO3TourOS,

As you are pretty much the only person on the message board who uses the 03 Tour OS, could you write a more detailed review of it? I'd be particularly interested in knowing how it compares to the 03 Tour MP. What racquet did you use before the 03 Tour OS?

kalic
05-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Main and big difference is that OS is longer than MP and MS. I use MP and hate long racquets.

PED
05-04-2007, 04:42 AM
Regarding strings for the 03, it plays best i feel with fully poly. I tried a hybrid but that didn't quite work. I'm using pro hurricane tour at 55 in my 03 mp and it's fantastic: nice feel and great spin.

Bubba
05-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Played with it for a bit and loved it... great feel, spin, and control. Problem for me was that it was just too light (had lead tape all over) and it is difficult to generate power with. Also, the strings do move a lot and you will tend to go through strings quite a bit - especially if you use a synthetic gut. I used NXT Tour and it was great but I was burning through strings.

If you hit a lot of spin and don't mind a bit lower power it is a great racquet.

PED
05-04-2007, 04:56 AM
I've got 9 g of lead in the head and that made all the difference for me, it was a bit too head light for my taste before. It really does hit different than almost anything else, and it's taken me a while to come around to it.

PrinceO3TourOS
05-05-2007, 01:51 PM
PrinceO3TourOS, As you are pretty much the only person on the message board who uses the 03 Tour OS, could you write a more detailed review of it? I'd be particularly interested in knowing how it compares to the 03 Tour MP. What racquet did you use before the 03 Tour OS?

Hello AndrewD :D I'll write a complete Review of the PO3TOS soon. This racquet is a good choice for fans of Oversize player's racquets ;) I used the Babolat Pure Control Team Plus before this (I like 27.5 in), I switched to PO3TOS because the weight of the Babolat was killing my elbow :p I had elbow problems with heavy racquets and one day I demo PO3TOS and I completely fell in love with it (and the Oversize head helped me to hit the ball with more power, I play only on clay), now I don't feel pain anymore with my Prince, I have 2 of them :mrgreen:

stevekim8
05-05-2007, 06:56 PM
THE spinmaster :D

dylo
05-05-2007, 11:41 PM
o3 racquets tend to hav all the benefits listed by the other posters, but it does come with a muted feel. touch and feel players tend not to like it but it depends on u

Go Tennis
05-06-2007, 12:59 AM
I love my O3 Tour MP quiver (I think the surfers call this name for their several surfboards). I never imagine I could say that some day, but the O3 Tour MP, in my personal preference, is much better than the Pro Staff Classic 6.1 that I used to use for many years.

D. Nelson
05-06-2007, 06:17 AM
...I personally like the MID the best of all the 03 Tour models... Funny thing --- I like a 'modded' 03 White AS MUCH !!

me is bored
05-06-2007, 08:03 AM
im demoing the 03 mp soon lol and we hijacked this poor guys thread in like 2 posts lol =p

dave333
05-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Ridiculous sweetspot size, its amazing.