PDA

View Full Version : Serena Revelation (Re-titled)

sureshs
05-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Not really.

But in an interview with Charlie Rose published in this month in Inside Tennis magazine, she says she is working on something which Roger Federer has already implemented. This might be the "secret" that she was supposed to reveal in RG, as mentioned in another thread. But the interview happened after the Australian, and she has played Miami since then.

It seems to have something to do with footwork. According to her, Roger is already doing it, but it was something that Richard has been telling her and Venus to do for years. They could not/did not do it yet. When she saw Roger doing whatever it is, she thought - did my Dad coach Federer? There was talk about Federer "gliding" to the ball.

Then Charlie Rose prods her : What is this new thing like?. Reply: Like I am not telling you.

Some of her statements like this are like a schoolgirl would talk. Others are more serious, about the heritage of Althea and Arthur. But I tend to agree with the poster who said here that she seems to be not into interviews and gets spaced out at times. Could be deliberate, could be her personality, who knows.

But she seems to give Richard too much credit. Did he really come up with a footwork innovation which was also independently discovered by Federer? I doubt it. But Serena is always proving everyone wrong.

The issue also has an interview with the Bryans and some insights into their personal life with some comments about girlfriends I found a little weird - you can judge for yourself. One of them is still unattached, so might be an opportunity for the ladies out here.

Andres
05-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Slice backhands? Sliding on clay?

sureshs
05-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Slice backhands? Sliding on clay?

That is old stuff, isn't it?

Ripper
05-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Not really.

Thought she was going to be on Playboy; that would have been... interesting.

sureshs
05-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Thought she was going to be on Playboy; that would have been... interesting.

Purpose of the misleading thread title has been achieved.

jelle v
05-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Probably about the timing of the ball or something.. you know, stepping in the ball, instead of playing from your back leg. Maybe she is going to use a windscreen-wiper-like forehand. :D

Andres
05-04-2007, 08:31 AM
That is old stuff, isn't it?
It is... but I have no idea what could it be.
Maybe she's switching from her 210 sq inches racquet to the K90 :lol:

Tchocky
05-04-2007, 09:01 AM
What the hell are you talking about? Your post makes no sense. I don't think anyone cares what Serena is going to reveal at the French Open except "Pirates of the Caribean".

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
05-04-2007, 09:18 AM
she just plays like a man

ncodedup
05-04-2007, 01:42 PM
wait....this is super old.....shes talkin about the way federer runs on the balls of his feet....she says her dad always tells her 'on your toes, on your toes'....nothin new

Kevo
05-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I've got all sorts of wonderful things that I discovered/invented to help me with my game, but I'll be shocked to death if I can ever actually manage to do them all. :-)

mileslong
05-04-2007, 05:16 PM
[QUOTEThought she was going to be on Playboy; that would have been... interesting.QUOTE]
actually it wasn't "playboy" but rather "horse fancy" magazine that had an interest...

Vision84
05-04-2007, 05:52 PM
wait....this is super old.....shes talkin about the way federer runs on the balls of his feet....she says her dad always tells her 'on your toes, on your toes'....nothin new

On your toes? That is something I tell my students. Seems trivial to me and there must be more to it than that.

Gasquetrules
05-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Serena -- and now Venus, too -- have finally gotten rid of those ridiculous wide-body, oversized racquets they have both played with for years and have gotten some decent looking frames.

God knows they both generate all the power they could possibly need with their strokes. Both just need control. The smaller, thinner frame has sure turned Serena's game around.

Kobble
05-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Federer is old news. Watch how Nadal moves. Agassi said a long time ago that he wish he moved like Hewitt in his prime where he was readying for the next ball as he was hitting the current one.

pound cat
05-05-2007, 03:55 AM
Hiding her money is a Swiss bank account? Falling to the ground and then crying when she wins her next slam?

sureshs
05-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Losing to Nadal?

Aykhan Mammadov
05-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Serena won RG in 2002.

helloworld
05-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Losing to Nadal?

LOL!! That's certainly what Roger has already been doing, isn't it. :-D

kooyah
05-06-2007, 09:38 PM
On your toes? That is something I tell my students. Seems trivial to me and there must be more to it than that.

Seriously. Anyone who has ever had tennis lessons has probably been told that.

sureshs
05-07-2007, 05:47 AM
By the way, the other deleted post "all paint jobs absorb and degrade the mind" was great!

Thanks! That was a twist on your sig.

jmsx521
05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
To whoever saw the Serena image I posted, was it offensive in any way? I posted it twice and it was deleted twice; it was basically the head of Serena on the top of Rogerís body hitting 1HBH; this type of goofy stuff you see on national TV (NBC Connan OíBrien), but you canít see on TW Forums? Shame!

jelle v
05-07-2007, 03:14 PM
To whoever saw the Serena image I posted, was it offensive in any way? I posted it twice and it was deleted twice; it was basically the head of Serena on the top of Rogerís body hitting 1HBH; this type of goofy stuff you see on national TV (NBC Connan OíBrien), but you canít see on TW Forums? Shame!

It wasn't offensive in my opininion, not by far. I had a real good laugh over it. Still have to laugh when I think of the picture. Don't understand why they would delete the picture.. :confused:

(they deleted my post too in which I quoted the picture)