PDA

View Full Version : Ti radical MP vs OS, who has hit both?

hrstrat57
05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Picked up a used ti rad os in nice shape just for giggles. Never owned an oversize rqt, thought it would be fun to see how she drives.

Bag is full of Head mp's as you can see. Who has hit both? Comments?

Curious....

ssjkyle31
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
It is a nice racket if you like to hit around. I would still prefer the Ti MP. But who knows you might like it.

rooski
05-04-2007, 07:37 PM
They are two completely different rackets. Night an day. I loved the MP and hated the OS. Maybe if the OS was loaded up with lead and strung tight it would be OK but otherwise the MP wins in all categories by a long shot.

rabidcow
05-04-2007, 07:51 PM
I also perferred the MP

Gundam
05-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I am being offered a Ti Rad MP. What are the merit of the racquet? Long time ago, I've played OS for a while but didn't like the performance (OP, it has good feel, comfortable and was very handy at net but somehow felt too soft. I am a big fan of flexible racquets but for me Ti rad OS didn't work that well). Also, I like to hit with lots of spin. MP has 18 mains and it must be very dense. How is the spin generation of MP? Thanks in advance.

rooski
05-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I am being offered a Ti Rad MP. What are the merit of the racquet? Long time ago, I've played OS for a while but didn't like the performance (OP, it has good feel, comfortable and was very handy at net but somehow felt too soft. I am a big fan of flexible racquets but for me Ti rad OS didn't work that well). Also, I like to hit with lots of spin. MP has 18 mains and it must be very dense. How is the spin generation of MP? Thanks in advance.

I had no problem generating lots of spin with this racket but you need lots of racket head speed to make it happen. Just so you know, the Ti Rad MP is very low powered. With it's thin beam, light weight, and dense pattern...it is one of the lowest powered rackets I have ever played with. Some lead tape can help but the reality is that you better bring long fast strokes to get any power out of the Ti Rad MP. My .02

rooski
05-06-2007, 05:33 PM

I had no problem generating lots of spin with this racket but you need lots of racket head speed to make it happen. Just so you know, the Ti Rad MP is very low powered. With it's thin beam, light weight, and dense pattern...it is one of the lowest powered rackets I have ever played with. Some lead tape can help but the reality is that you better bring long fast strokes to get any power out of the Ti Rad MP. My .02

hrstrat57
05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
played 2 sets with ti rad os this morning. Strung with intellitour, seemed about mid range tension. A bit more spin on my serve and a bit more pop off the ground but def still a flexible players racket, which was nice.

Unexpected, it volleyed real nice, almost as good as the MP. I chunked a couple of drop volleys with her that I would usually have made, the was the only adjustment I observed that I would have to dial in before I used the frame in league play ....

I did jack it up with lead, the usual 1 strip/pair 4 inches about 3/9 oclock same as on the mp's.

Other than the missed droppers, no adjustment time to dial it in and hit clean shots. I would say it had a little bigger sweet spot than the mp, not a big deal for me since I find it more often than not with the radical mp's. A surprise impression tho, when I badly missed the sweet spot a couple of times the ball went nowhere....a miss on the mp radical and the ball usually still tracks the intended line albeit not as deep as desired. At least that was my impression - when I missed badly, the ball tended to dump into the net. When I miss with the mp and still complete the stroke the ball usually clears....might be that the comparison is unfair since my mp's are all strung with gut....

In summary, a nice stick, and matched up favorably with the mp ti rad. I had very low expectations but the os played nicely overall.

magnuswallen
05-07-2007, 12:38 AM
I have played with Ti. Radical Mid Plus in 5 years.
Its a little bit more stabil than the OS.

phucng_10
05-07-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm not a really big fan of the Radicals but the weight on a Radical seem to throw the Radical's specifications off guard.

hrstrat57
05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
I have played with Ti. Radical Mid Plus in 5 years.
Its a little bit more stabil than the OS.

I did feel a little head twisting with the os if I punched the shot vs accel the racket head through the ball....this never happens with my mp rads....

It was less pronounced tho after I took the lead off of one of the mp's and applied it at 3 and 9 oclock on the os....the lead tape dramatically increased the stability.

....serve and volley is real tennis btw, agree:cool:

again, I was quite surprised with how nicely the os handled.....