PDA

View Full Version : using a diff. backup racquet from primary

tomato123
09-18-2004, 04:49 PM
For those that use a different racquet as your backup, do you ever have any problem adjusting to your backup if let's say you break a string in the middle of a match?

SoupyKnight
09-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Usually, my back up is very similar to my original, so its not hard to get used to it. The hardest thing I think is the serve, that gets altered alot, then I think alot of hitting more spinny on the server rather than my usual kind of serve. If the racquet is not really similar to my original, I try to change the game plan to suit how the racquet feels best. But that's just me.

mistapooh
09-18-2004, 09:15 PM
omg, i posted a rant about this. Yes, its very different, switching from a flexible racket to a freaking stiff racket......but I rarely break strings so thats a plus :lol:

tomato123
09-19-2004, 01:29 AM
so are there any real significant advantages of having 2 different racuqets as your primary and backup? like, something that makes the adjustment issues and what not all worth it? it just seems like the practical thing to do is get 2 of the same ones...?

Rickson
09-19-2004, 08:12 AM
so are there any real significant advantages of having 2 different racuqets as your primary and backup? like, something that makes the adjustment issues and what not all worth it? it just seems like the practical thing to do is get 2 of the same ones...?
If you're playing league matches, get the same back up racquet, but if you're into club play, it depends on how much you want to beat your opponent.

SoupyKnight
09-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Well, shouldn't the racquet you have be the racquet that helps your game the most? If that's case, why would you get a racquet that doesn't help you preform at your best? So, you probably should get the same racquet if it feels the best for you.