PDA

View Full Version : prostaff classic 6.1 versions

luckyguy
05-04-2007, 11:07 PM
after searching for info about PSC 6.1, im a little bit puzzled coz all of the info i got here stated that the tension range should be 55 - 65, whereas my 6.1 says 50 - 60 (white buttcap with 'made in taiwan'), also when i compared it with an ncode 95, the head is kinda smaller, maybe an inch..how is this so?

fuzz nation
05-05-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm convinced that the knuckleheads that put those numbers on racquets are just reaching for the easiest ones to stamp on there about half the time. Different manufacturers supposedly use different methods to measure headsizes, but the difference between the Classic and the nCode... like I said, knuckleheads! They probably treat the 95 bracket as a general classification for that family of racquets, but I doubt that the science in measuring them is very exact.

I string my 6.1 Classics with 17 ga syn gut at 63-65 lbs, but if I'm trying to dial in a new frame, I'll usually go maybe 2 lbs over the midrange for a reference and go tighter or looser if necessary. The feedback from users of current frames on the TW site is also helpful, especially if a racquet is fooling me and I'm going in the wrong direction with my tensions.