PDA

View Full Version : McEnroe drills Korda?

Kobble
05-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Did I see that right at the end of the match? McEnroe hits a ball agressively at(and seemingly hits) Korda. The anchor says, "Tell me he was kidding."

BDAZ
05-05-2007, 08:07 AM
the ball didn't hit korda, but it came close. mac smashed the ball because he was ****ed and almost hit korda on the other side of the net.

goober
05-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Mac is embarrassing. It is hard to watch even on TV when he throws these ridiculous tantrums. For some reason it seems much worse than he was on the tour. I think it is because he knows he can get away even more stuff now. Korda said that mac was even worse on the European senior tour. If this were a real ATP match he probably would have been given a warning in the first set and then DQed in the second.

10s talk
05-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I was shocked Korda did nothing

Nadal_Freak
05-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow. McEnroe kills Korda? lol

Starlite
05-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Mac is embarrassing. It is hard to watch even on TV when he throws these ridiculous tantrums. For some reason it seems much worse than he was on the tour. I think it is because he knows he can get away even more stuff now. Korda said that mac was even worse on the European senior tour. If this were a real ATP match he probably would have been given a warning in the first set and then DQed in the second.

I agree. I only watched the first set, bit whenever John McEnroe blew up, the audience laughed like he was joking around, but I think he was still serious. He was seriously disrespecting the chair ump too and got away with it. It's a shame that whenever anything wasn't favorable to him, he had to complain and act like a big baby. I guess it didn't get better as the match finished up.

ollinger
05-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Some handle the end gracefully, some don't. He's pushing 50 and knows his days of even this kind of tennis are very nearly over.

ilovecarlos
05-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I'll start off by saying Mac still has the greatest touch...his temper never really bothered me all that much...but it did yesterday. He and Petr were joking around one moment, the next moment he was ready to go for the jugular. He and Korda were kind of calling their own lines due to some bad line calls but then Mac drilled one at Petr..the chair ump was really flustered...trying to keep his cool and keep Mac under control...
What was really sad was last night when he played Sampras. There were lot's of parents who had brought their kids to see 2 legends...Mac was so intimidating to a few of the line judges that the chair just reversed a few bad calls that he received....during changeovers the profanity was blistering. He behaved in such an ugly manner that I was ashamed that I was ever a Mac fan. Sampras did get a good one over tho....at one point he yelled "come on John, that was a foot out"...and pointed to a spot...that shut him up. I was hoping that he would reign in his temper playing Sampras....guess I was wrong...:-(

dr_punk
05-06-2007, 01:30 PM
any clips?

hrstrat57
05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
just watched a tape of yesterday's mac/ sampras match. Pretty entertaining stuff, but mac always entertains me. Got three and four of sampras who was hitting pretty big.

mac can still play a bit....

TheNatural
05-07-2007, 09:31 AM
heres a clip of mcenroe getting knocked out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xAPwx3z950

any clips?

Tchocky
05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
McEnroe always tries to hit his opponent when they are at the net. He is not a nice guy or good sportsman.

Rabbit
05-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I remember not liking Lendl for that kind of stuff. Now I wish he'd have hit McEnroe right between the eyes.

snapple
05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
McEnroe always tries to hit his opponent when they are at the net. He is not a nice guy or good sportsman.

No, he smacked the ball towards Korda AFTER the point was over in frustration over having just lost the game....Korda just froze and stared probably out of sheer disbelief.

Michelle
05-07-2007, 10:57 AM
it was an interesting match. I got a live feed on fox sports net TV. Mac was consistently frustrated about the line calls. He did get a lot of bad line calls. Some were inside the lines. He had the right reasons to be mad, but not at korda