PDA

View Full Version : Rome: Draw is Out!

Marius_Hancu
05-05-2007, 05:40 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/416/mds.pdf

Fed: Bye, Almagro (!), Verdasco/Volandri/Gasquet (!), Berdych/Ljubicic, Gonzalez, Nadal

Nadal: Bye, Bracciali, Youzhnyi (!), Djokovic (!), Robredo/Safin/Murray, Federer

Tough enough for both.

Roddick: Bye, Gaudio/Fish, Ferrer, Gonzalez, Federer, Nadal

And of course, the question is where that Q Canas will be placed.

Baghdatis72
05-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Federer will possibly have to face Almagro and Gasquet on clay early on in the tournament and also if Canas qualifies then it's quite possible that Federer will meet him before the SF as there are 2 out of a total of 6 qualifier spots in his quarter of the draw.
Baghdatis has the worse draw ever with Moya, Haas, Djokovic and Nadal in his quarter :o

Zaragoza
We started discussing this in the Rome´s thread in the match results section but anyway it´s a really tough draw for Federer and if Cañas enters the main draw he could be on Federer´s half to add more fuel.

ilovecarlos
Oh noooooooooo, yikes, Baggy and Carlos play in the first round...not good, not good at all:-(

Pleepers
05-05-2007, 05:50 AM
I like the fact that Gasquet is in Federer's quarter section. He'll give Rodger a run for his money -hell it might not even be another Federer vs Nadal Final! What you got! :D

Andres
05-05-2007, 05:52 AM
No Nalbandian? :(

But a Bracciali vs. Nadal 2nd round, which means is going to be broadcasted! yayyyy! :D Bracciali on TV !!!

jelle v
05-05-2007, 05:56 AM
Looks like a really easy draw for Nadal this time.. he had some tough draws in the previous tournaments.

Federer on the other hand seems to have a really difficult draw. Should be a could test-case for Federer to see how good or bad he really is doing so far.

J-man
05-05-2007, 06:25 AM
I think Roddick can get by Gaudio or Fish. But Ferrer is going to be very tough.

kimizz
05-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Looks like a really easy draw for Nadal this time.. he had some tough draws in the previous tournaments.

Federer on the other hand seems to have a really difficult draw. Should be a could test-case for Federer to see how good or bad he really is doing so far.

I think both have it tough...Nadal have to face possibly youzhny,djoko haas allready in the earlky rounds.

Is it just me or has moya had bad luck this year in the draws?

aramis
05-05-2007, 07:43 AM
There's no such thing as a hard draw for Nadal on clay. His opponents have a tough draw, but not him.

Nadal_Freak
05-05-2007, 09:30 AM
That's as hard of a draw as it gets for Nadal. Djokovic and Youzhny could give Nadal some fits. Especially since Rome plays like orange colored hard courts.

Baghdatis72
05-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh noooooooooo, yikes, Baggy and Carlos play in the first round...not good, not good at all:-(

Don't worry Moya will get pass Baghdatis since he has a left ankle injury and he's not playing particularly well.

dommod
05-05-2007, 09:49 AM

Why difficult for Federer? He can beat every player on his list easily and has done so many time.

Where is Blake, James, for this tournament? The Americans need to play more in such clay tourney's in Europe for practice for Roland Garros!

goforgold99
05-05-2007, 10:00 AM
That's as hard of a draw as it gets for Nadal. Djokovic and Youzhny could give Nadal some fits.
If it was a hard-court tournament, yes. But not on clay.

Where is Blake, James, for this tournament? The Americans need to play more in such clay tourney's in Europe for practice for Roland Garros!
Blake is in the draw. The quater with Roddick and Gonzalez

federerfanatic
05-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Federer has a really easy draw. Only Almagro in the 2nd round is tough but he should win that match. Federer wont lose to the overhyped Gaskit. Berdych or Ljubicic on clay is a joke. Gonzalez does not have a prayer and I doubt Canas even makes the semis, and even if he did Fed would not lose to someone he should never lose to anyway 3 times in a row.

Nadal_Freak
05-05-2007, 10:13 AM
If it was a hard-court tournament, yes. But not on clay.

Blake is in the draw. The quater with Roddick and Gonzalez
I was referring to the speed of the courts. It gives other players hope since Rome is the fastest clay tournament out there.

federerfanatic
05-05-2007, 10:16 AM
There is no such thing as a tough draw for Nadal on clay. However if you were going to give him the closest to it, it would be putting players who beat him multiple times in a row on hard courts in his section. Thus with Youzhny and Djokovic in his section he has as tough a draw as is possible for him on clay.

sureshs
05-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Nadal will win Rome.

YonexDude
05-05-2007, 11:05 AM
gael monfils and james blake in the first round. that looks like a very interesting match, two of the fastest guys on the tour. i just hope monfils isnt hurt or something like he always is

edmondsm
05-05-2007, 12:23 PM
It will be cool to see Nadal get a chance to grab revenge against Djokovic or Youzny. Or lose to them, either way I am happy.

Frodo Baggins
05-05-2007, 01:39 PM
So if Davide's out..Which is Sooo Sweet;) of him.. Means I'm out too>{Due to Bursitis}:( :-)

pound cat
05-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh oh, Marat plays a qualifier R 1. Could be trouble! Come on Marat, DO something positive in this tournament.

jelle v
05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh oh, Marat plays a qualifier R 1. Could be trouble! Come on Marat, DO something positive in this tournament.

I'm hoping for the same thing..

I really want to see Safin playing Nadal.