PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop AG200 vs Yonex 002 T (SL)

haveheart
05-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I demo'ed these 2 sticks today:

AG 200: felt much stiffer than 61. Overall solid stick with noticeably more power than older version, probably because of the stiffness. I noticed, however, that flush hits were not as sweet/buttery, and probably again because of stiffness, there was more torsion with mishits.

Yonnie 2T: felt much more flexible than 65. Just as powerful as AG200 but more controlled and sweetspot felt more even throughout stringbed. With the flex, you can get more spin out of the stick than AG200. Also nice feel for touch shots. Additionally, much more maneuverable than RDX MP (the new variframe shape at 3 and 9 o'clock works IMO) and thus better serving stick.

In fact if I had to guess, for stiffness, I would have placed the yonnie at 61 and the dunlop at 65!

With the new sticks that have stiff material in certain spots, I'm not sure that the stiffness ratings provide as much information as they did before. The dunlop felt much stiffer in the head than in the beam (also true for DNX 10mid). What was surprising about the 002T, however, was that it felt flexible both in the head and beam.

In my opinion, the yonnie's a winner.:-)

Anyone have any experience with AG100 compared with 200? Sticks that I have used recently (POG mid, prince NXG mid, RDX mid, DNX 10 mid, slaz X1).

Anyone else having problems with recent stiffness ratings?:confused:

stormholloway
05-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I'd say the 002 Tour feels slightly less stiff than the 65 rating, but it's certainly no wet noodle. It's fairly solid but I think the softness may come from the big, soft sweetspot rather than flexibility. It's very kind on impact.