PDA

View Full Version : Warm-up Nerves

jamumafa
05-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I get this pretty much all the time

I try and warm up someone atth net before a match and I just cant string together 2-3 decent volley-able shots. I either accidently pass them, dump one at their feet or spray it miles out or in the net. I just get so nervy. And then I always get scared they think I'm being a jerk so I get more nervy.

It sucks real bad. From the baseline I could warmup all day, but as soon as I have to warm up volleys I turn to jelly.

Grrr

thejackal
05-05-2007, 04:42 PM
forget they're there and hit 80% shots down the middle, aim for the center line on the baseline.

Forehand Forever
05-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Don't care what they think either. Hit your volleys where you want them. It's mostly a put away shot anyway.

Milano
05-06-2007, 04:04 AM
Don't care what they think either. Hit your volleys where you want them. It's mostly a put away shot anyway.

I think he means he cant hit decent shots from the baseline at the opponent for his OPPONENT to warm up their volleys. I seem to have the same problem, but just practice hitting normal shots back at the volleyer for a couple days and it goes away alot. Also, aim for a spot instead of just hitting it back.

103xStateChamp
05-06-2007, 09:02 AM
It dosn't matter what they think as long as you beat them

EasternRocks
05-06-2007, 10:56 AM
i do about 5-10 minutes of warmup before i go to the baseline

DraGoNoFfiR3
05-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I get this pretty much all the time

I try and warm up someone atth net before a match and I just cant string together 2-3 decent volley-able shots. I either accidently pass them, dump one at their feet or spray it miles out or in the net. I just get so nervy. And then I always get scared they think I'm being a jerk so I get more nervy.

It sucks real bad. From the baseline I could warmup all day, but as soon as I have to warm up volleys I turn to jelly.

Grrr

haha i do the same to my opponents

but then again i dont care

Matt_MS
05-06-2007, 04:53 PM
You don't have to him them hard volleys, just tap them back high enough for them to be able to volley. Too many people are trying to hit the ball hard in the warm ups, no need for that.

I was playing in a sectional tournament one time and the guy I was warming up with (guessing he was fairly new to bigger tournaments) was pounding the ball at me in the warm up. Needless to say when we started playing his shots started getting weaker and weaker and I just tired him out.

WARMING UP!

! ! ! ! ronakp10
05-07-2007, 02:40 PM
don't give em too much of a challenge. dont worry, though, same thing happens to me... i don't really care what they think... it takes like 2 volleys to warm up.