PDA

View Full Version : Decided it's time to buy Hingis' frame

Drona
05-05-2007, 02:55 PM
After hitting w/ various frames, I've decided I'm well suited for the RQS-11. I like to hit w/ a lot of spin; pretty much rarely hit flat serves. The good news is I've seen several auction sites that offer it for 150, but now I've just learnt on this forum, that Hingis has a new frame an rds005!!! She must change every year! Anyway, I don't care whether I keep up w/ her, but I do wonder if I should wait for this new frame to come out? Will the price drop down on rqs11 even further?

One other question, I demo'd a 4 3/8ths. I was thinking about getting a 4/14ths and adding a leather grip + overgrip to make it just a little heavier. After reading about ul and sl frames, does anyone know if the rqs comes in different weights?
Thanks again to those who had helped me make my decision. Perhaps we can make a club like everyone else:)

PBODY99
05-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Yonnex frames are weighted according to the grip size smaller grips are lighter. As to her switching frames every year....Graphic artist need work too you know.

martin
05-05-2007, 09:35 PM

martin
05-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Yonnex frames are weighted according to the grip size smaller grips are lighter. As to her switching frames every year....Graphic artist need work too you know.

There are some yonex who vary in weight according to the gripsize. Take a look at their website and you can see if the rqs11 is one of them. As far as i know the only who varies in weight is the rds002 tour.

Drona
05-06-2007, 03:18 AM
Thanks again. I looked at YonexUSA dot com and
the only frame I see w/ ul and sl weights is the 002 tour.
So perhaps this will work out!

thanks again.

ollinger
05-06-2007, 08:19 AM
A Yonex rep told me the 005 is currently not slated for the USA, confined to Asia and Europe.