PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone compared the k90 and k95?

DarkSlayerX
05-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone, since I sold my 2 pure drives, I'm thinking about getting another

k90 or a k95. K90 has good groundstroke control, pace and spin but the serve

seems a little bit weak than I anticipated when i got the k90. I was wonder if

the k95 has all the features of the k90 in terms of control, pace and spin on

groundstrokes but also does it have more "power" to the serve? Thank you

-DSX

stevekim8
05-05-2007, 06:55 PM
k95 is like a cardboard compared to k90

chiru
05-05-2007, 07:16 PM
i actually haven't played with either, but from what i can piece togethor they might be hard to compare. i think they both target somewhat different demographics overall, kinda like apples and oranges

movdqa
05-05-2007, 07:33 PM
I find the K90 great for serving but serving with a lot of mass is different than serving by generating racquethead speed and maybe it will just take some time to make that adjustment. I find when serving with lighter racquets that it is hard to generate power until I get back into the mode of racquethead speed with them.

I haven't tried the K95 (there are two of them with different string patterns). You're giving up .3 oz with both of them. I'd love to read a review comparing the two though.

Kevo
05-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I tried the K90 the other day and thought it was quite nice. I liked it a little better than the nCode version, but they were demo frames, so the strings could have definitely skewed my results, but I didn't have any issues swinging it. Felt pretty maneuverable. One thing I will say though is you can't be lazy with that frame. Small margin for error. It is capable of some serious pace and spin though. I think if I were in better shape I might get one and try it out in some matches just to see if I could perform in a match with it. To me that's the test.

bluegrasser
05-11-2007, 05:10 AM
Having hit with both yesterday, the K95 has major pop, better spin, but the feel and control of the K90 was outstanding. I probably wouldn't play the K90 in serious ( league, tournaments..) competition, but just hitting and playing with friends, it's a gas to play with..

grass_hopper
05-11-2007, 05:49 AM
K90's power level is 1890 and k95 is at 2195. they are both stable control racquets with K95 having the power rating of much higher(bigger serve). the K95 might be just what you are looking for since you can have the 18by20 string pattern for more control. the 16by18 pattern provides more spin and more power.

movdqa
05-11-2007, 06:08 AM
I think that the K90 has plenty of power but you have to get used to using plowthrough instead of racquethead speed on the serve. I think that it means using larger muscle groups to get the racquet moving.

I can't imagine a racquet with 10% more power than the K90 with a lot of it coming from plowthrough. The K90 is a pretty big pace machine as it is.