PDA

View Full Version : Torn between the PS85 and Max200g

gsquicksilver
05-05-2007, 06:56 PM
i got bored recently so i decided to dig out my old max 200g's to hit with. after the first stroke, i was like, "whoa..." the sweetspot on that stick is dead on. so i kept hitting with it and today i also went to practice with that stick. i think i'm falling in love with it. it's more comfortable than the ps85 for sure, but i still love my ps85's. i got the max 200g's back in the mid 90's just for the heck of it (got an awesome deal) but never really hit with them on a long term basis. i probably used them at most 1 week during those years.

what to do...

VGP
05-05-2007, 07:09 PM
You may have to change your dogmatic sounding signature.

gsquicksilver
05-05-2007, 07:22 PM
You may have to change your dogmatic sounding signature.

haha, i know! if i decide to switch to the max200g.

goosala
05-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I liked the feel of the old 200G but it was like playing with a rubber racket. It simply was too flexible and had no power similar to a wooden racket.

ilian
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Keep the MAX 200G/toss the PS 85!

hrstrat57
05-06-2007, 01:48 PM
i got bored recently so i decided to dig out my old max 200g's to hit with. after the first stroke, i was like, "whoa..." the sweetspot on that stick is dead on. so i kept hitting with it and today i also went to practice with that stick. i think i'm falling in love with it. it's more comfortable than the ps85 for sure, but i still love my ps85's. i got the max 200g's back in the mid 90's just for the heck of it (got an awesome deal) but never really hit with them on a long term basis. i probably used them at most 1 week during those years.

what to do...

I played both extensively. Still have an sv ps85 and 3 max 200g's. I would say the sweet sweet spot on the 200g is at least twice as big as the ps85. Find the sweet spot on the ps85 however and it is pure sizzle. Unfortunately I am not in good enuff shape now to play the ps85 well for more than a half hour. Can't play that stick tired....requires big swing speed all the time....

I could go back to the 200g now and play 3 good sets...I am mulling over going back actually.....I just can't afford to restring 3 sticks with gut right at the moment......

The best tennis I ever played was with the max 200g, nothing else even came close.....if you are slowing down just a bit the 200g will rock your world I think....

mmuubb
05-07-2007, 05:13 AM
I believe a HM 100g is what You are looking for( best frame I've hit with).

jetlee2k
07-03-2007, 06:04 AM
oh man.. I was going to said the same thing.. I've been playing with the K90 for awhile.. then a friend throw away his Mac200g to me with 20 year old DEAD string.. I came out the practice court and I ripped the winner everywhere.. The serve, the volley, backhand forehand.. It felt awesome.. I am planning to put on an overgrip, change the string according to Johnny Mac Specs and let it crush balllss..