PDA

View Full Version : Breathe Cage Rubbing issue? Anyone else?

carrwash13
05-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I just bought the Nike Breathe Cage's a few weeks ago. On the left shoe where the shoe creases on my big toe I've noticed the rubber drag-on bar is indented and rubbing my foot. Seems like a design flaw and not just my feet. (i've never had problems with any shoe before). Anyone else have this problem? If you've had no issues a response would also be helpful. Thanks!

diredesire
05-05-2007, 07:32 PM
I just bought the Nike Breathe Cage's a few weeks ago. On the left shoe where the shoe creases on my big toe I've noticed the rubber drag-on bar is indented and rubbing my foot. Seems like a design flaw and not just my feet. (i've never had problems with any shoe before). Anyone else have this problem? If you've had no issues a response would also be helpful. Thanks!

This happened with my Breathe Free 2s, there was just some sort of "dent" or malformation of the molded stuff, and it never worked its way out. It bothered me at first, but then the shoes softened up a little and I eventually got over it.

carrwash13
05-05-2007, 07:49 PM
This happened with my Breathe Free 2s, there was just some sort of "dent" or malformation of the molded stuff, and it never worked its way out. It bothered me at first, but then the shoes softened up a little and I eventually got over it.

Hmm....I wonder if this will soften up over time. On the cage's there is a thick strip about half an inch wide so it's a little stiffer than the old breathe II's.

Kid Carlos
05-06-2007, 09:05 AM
I have a pair as well and they feel great for me, just got the wimby model, white/grey/agron blue.

carrwash13
05-06-2007, 09:19 AM
I have a pair as well and they feel great for me, just got the wimby model, white/grey/agron blue.

Are they exactly the same as the picture we've all been seeing?

mrmo1115
05-06-2007, 10:49 AM
hey carrwashh is it possible for us to see pics of your cage's condition now? i would love to see how its durability ,etc

if you can... can you get the top side bottom etc

much appreciated

mrmo1115
05-06-2007, 11:07 AM
hey carrwash another thing how has the creasing been for your pair of cages ?

carrwash13
05-06-2007, 11:28 AM
hey carrwash another thing how has the creasing been for your pair of cages ?

the creasing of the cage part on one of the shoes is what is making them rub. I have warn them hardly at all so they still look brand new on the bottom.

Kid Carlos
05-06-2007, 11:46 AM
hey carrwash, ya they are the same as the picture that has been shown.

mrmo1115
05-06-2007, 12:42 PM
carrwash how many hours would you estimate you played with them for?

and what surfaces have you played with them on ?

mrmo1115
05-06-2007, 12:47 PM
i think on my shoes i got some rubbing off the court on the sides of my shoes

and on the tip of my shoe i might have gotten some scratches kind of visible
overall, they are still in pretty good shape
estimated time i played with them is probably 4 days with the most for one day was 1 1/2 hours