PDA

View Full Version : What are some options...?

booky
05-05-2007, 09:50 PM
What are some options when you're at "no man's land" or at the net that I can take to stop my opponent from reaching for the ball and hit a winner? What I do is shorten my backswing and hit it to the side as my opponent standing in middle behind baseline. However, those shots that I do is quite weak and it's not even to stop my opponent from reaching the ball or returning. Another option that I might have used in couple of times is that I take it at shoulder height, so I will be able to hit a flat and end the point where my opponent cannot really reach for. Btw, my opponent freaking dink serve, and that's how I made most of my errors from because I am a baseline player most of the time and most of my life.

I will appreciate all y'all comments. =)

Thanks,
Moolyst:confused:

Mick
05-05-2007, 09:59 PM
when I am there, I don't shorten my backswing like you do. I would volley the ball (no backswing-- volleying the ball instead of hitting a groundstroke) to the open court. If my opponent gives me a weak return, I would put the ball away.

booky
05-05-2007, 10:51 PM
when happens if you're in the no man's land?

SFtennisGG
05-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Sounds like you're implying that you're a baseliner cause you cant hit topspin, am i right? Because if you can, you would attack those "dink serves" with a full swing. I recommend practicing your groundstrokes and looking foward to those dink serves instead of trying to find an on court tactical maneuver.

Mick
05-05-2007, 11:04 PM
when happens if you're in the no man's land?

That is where I would hit my first volley. Normally, I should be able to end the point within the next two volleys. If I don't, my opponent would end the point for me by hitting a passing shot or an unreachable lob.

booky
05-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Sounds like you're implying that you're a baseliner cause you cant hit topspin, am i right? Because if you can, you would attack those "dink serves" with a full swing. I recommend practicing your groundstrokes and looking foward to those dink serves instead of trying to find an on court tactical maneuver.

I can hit topspins, but the thing is that i do th same thing when i am at no man's land and what happens is that the topspin spot is as long when i am at the baseline. Whenever i do topspin too much, the ball seems to land out of the court, sigh...