PDA

View Full Version : tennis video question

TonLars
05-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Ok, I was thinking maybe I would get a video up for fun of my hitting. I have a DVD of myself hitting that someone took of me a couple years ago. I dont know much about this since Ive never done it, but I meant to go onto YouTube and somehow upload it there. I also tried to figure out a way to save the stuff from the DVD as files onto the computer. No luck with either. Does anyone know how to get stuff from a DVD saved or somehow uploaded on here or YouTube or something? I have 3 "chapters" I think on the DVD, since 3 things come up on a menu once I pop in the DVD. Maybe there is a way to save a chapter as a file, like "WMV" or whatever so that I can take that and upload it? Any help would be nice, I have explored all I can and I dont think I can get it figured out. Thanks, and if I get it figured out I will try to get my video of me hitting up soon if anyone is interested in seeing that.

SoBad
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Dude Lars, I dig you would totally help out if I were sober now, if nobody helps by tomorrow, I will help tomorrow totally I promise@!!

TonLars
05-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Sweet, figured it out...how bored am I, this is the first time in probably a year or 2 I have stayed up until 3:30AM. I downloaded a program which would let me convert into WMV format. Unfortunately it is trial version so I could only do 30% at a time to a file, so ill have to post a number of them at about 1 minute a piece. Ill erase this thread tommorow morning (or when I wake up) and replace it with a video thread of my forehands and backhands.

praetorian909
05-06-2007, 12:25 AM
TonLars, are you using a PC? What video software do you have installed and already familiar with using? Windows Movie Maker is ok but you'll have to do some things first to import your DVD video.

And just FYI it's preferable to upload a DivX movie to YouTube for best quality--320x240 resolution, MP3 audio if any, 30fps (more on this later). But other formats like WMV and quicktime format will work too.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=55745&topic=10526

Oh heh, your online....

TonLars
05-06-2007, 12:28 AM
haha thanks for the help, i got it now though, and ready to upload. I guess I cant delete this pointless thread though? Anyways, am making video thread now

praetorian909
05-06-2007, 12:33 AM
No prob, glad you found software to make it work.