PDA

View Full Version : Sampras and Federer play a match at Sampras'...

keithchircop
05-05-2007, 11:25 PM
...and Sampras says "we competed a little bit. i'm happy to say i kind of held my own, and made him work a little bit which is a good accomplishment at this age, at 35"

Watch the video here: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/index
Click on "Pete Sampras impressed by Federer".

keithchircop
05-08-2007, 09:58 AM
which means he lost with dignity, wasn't murdered. i'd like to hear fed's take on it.

grizzly4life
05-08-2007, 10:01 AM
which means he lost with dignity, wasn't murdered. i'd like to hear fed's take on it.

i think there was some suggestion that one or two sets went to tiebreaker.... you realize pete has been off-tour for 5 years.... now, if rog could only beat canas, or rafa for that matter.

fednad
05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
i think there was some suggestion that one or two sets went to tiebreaker.... you realize pete has been off-tour for 5 years.... now, if rog could only beat canas, or rafa for that matter.

duhhh -- If Rog could beat Rafa, if Rafa could beat Blake, if Blake could beat Fed. Or If Rog could beat Rafa, if Rafa could beat Youzhney, if Youzhney could beat Fed and so on.
Jeezz.. this is circular -- get out of this circle!

War, Safin!
05-08-2007, 11:37 AM
...and Sampras says "we competed a little bit. i'm happy to say i kind of held my own, and made him work a little bit which is a good accomplishment at this age, at 35"

Roughly translated as: "He whooped me and No, I'm not coming back".

TennisandMusic
05-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Roughly translated as: "He whooped me and No, I'm not coming back".

Of course he later said he thinks he could take on anyone in the WORLD in a best of 3 set match, so he must have done ok against Federer.

tHotGates
05-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Of course he later said he thinks he could take on anyone in the WORLD in a best of 3 set match, so he must have done ok against Federer.

That's how I'm reading this. If Pete continues to play well then I really think we will see some Pete v ATP player to be announced exhibition matches (2 out of 3 set format) in the near future. A Pete v Roger exhibition may happen folks.

GRANITECHIEF
05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
OK but pete gets the clay side.

keithchircop
05-08-2007, 12:52 PM
OK but pete gets the clay side.

hahahahahah

VGP
05-08-2007, 01:10 PM

When asked at Indian Wells, Federer did say they played some games, set, and tiebreaks. When asked the score......Federer replied, "Can't tell you, but it was good fun."

http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/news/2007/federer1.asp

grizzly4life
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
duhhh -- If Rog could beat Rafa, if Rafa could beat Blake, if Blake could beat Fed. Or If Rog could beat Rafa, if Rafa could beat Youzhney, if Youzhney could beat Fed and so on.
Jeezz.. this is circular -- get out of this circle!

my point was that the scores vs. sampras are completely irrelevent.... and that fed (and his fans) should have bigger things to occupy their mind (canas, nadal).

i feel bad coming down on you, because from your response i get the idea that english may be a second language.... or maybe it's just abnormally low intelligence.

Ripper
05-08-2007, 01:33 PM
This is old news.

Sakumo
05-08-2007, 01:44 PM
my point was that the scores vs. sampras are completely irrelevent.... and that fed (and his fans) should have bigger things to occupy their mind (canas, nadal).

i feel bad coming down on you, because from your response i get the idea that english may be a second language.... or maybe it's just abnormally low intelligence.

Actually, I agree with him. And on his defense, notice how he capitalizes his "I's," that is the correct way. So if anyone were to say anything about low intelligence, or having English as a second language, it wouldn't be you.

War, Safin!
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah but who gives a ***** about best-of-three-sets???
FIVE-setters are where it's at, baby!! :-D