PDA

View Full Version : To all K90 users

dylo
05-05-2007, 11:36 PM
hav any of u guys ever noticed that sometimes, the ball will rocket off the stringbed for no apparent reason. alot of times, i will got for a winner and the ball will just shoot off and land out. if u watch federer, sometimes it will happen too.

Nick b
05-06-2007, 12:32 AM
maybe ur federer?
NOT

fearless1
05-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Hmmm....name any player in the world who hasn't had a wild shot rocket off his racqet ever. In the end, it's almost always the player who causes this and not the racquet (assumes the racquet/strings, etc isn't flawed or broken in any way).

Fedfan4life
05-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Dylo, I'm suggesting that you might not need a racquet anymore since because you said that your k90 produce winners without any effort we'll just see you out there playing with no racquet and still blasting winners, wanna trade with my K90 ;) ........... of course j/k

andreh
05-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Yes. this happens frequently. But it has nothing to do with the k90.

morten
05-06-2007, 02:50 AM
i hated the K90...

pow
05-06-2007, 03:03 AM
When that happens to me with my racquet, I just see it as me putting too much power and not enough spin in my swing to keep the ball in. You gotta find that balance and hope that next time you go for it, you won't make the same error.

KingOfTennis
05-06-2007, 03:29 AM
i hated the K90...

if u do not have any reason of y u hate the k90, i hate u

morten
05-06-2007, 03:59 AM
if u do not have any reason of y u hate the k90, i hate u

i can live with that...

KingOfTennis
05-06-2007, 04:47 AM
r u sure u can?

morten
05-06-2007, 04:53 AM
time will tell, i hope so...

Greg Raven
05-06-2007, 05:10 AM
No tennis player above a 3.0 NTRP should ever make an unforced error. If you're a 3.0 or high, and you've made an unforced error, it must be because of the racquet. Period.

Unless it's the strings.

Or some other piece of equipment.

Or the playing conditions.

Or something.

me is bored
05-06-2007, 07:52 AM
No tennis player above a 3.0 NTRP should ever make an unforced error. If you're a 3.0 or high, and you've made an unforced error, it must be because of the racquet. Period.

Unless it's the strings.

Or something.

wtf are u trying to make trouble??? 3.0 still isnt that good lol imho cuz im a junior, like very junior and im atlesat 4.0+ (what one of my coaches said) not to brag or anything =p

Wilson6-1
05-06-2007, 08:05 AM
wtf are u trying to make trouble??? 3.0 still isnt that good lol imho cuz im a junior, like very junior and im atlesat 4.0+ (what one of my coaches said) not to brag or anything =p

You don't get it.

BounceHitBounceHit
05-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Unless it's the strings.

Or something.

Words of wisdom, surely!!

:)

CC

BounceHitBounceHit
05-06-2007, 08:39 AM
hav any of u guys ever noticed that sometimes, the ball will rocket off the stringbed for no apparent reason. alot of times, i will got for a winner and the ball will just shoot off and land out. if u watch federer, sometimes it will happen too.

Now, seriously. ;)

If what you are asking is if folks have found the K90 to have 'hotspots' in the stringbed the answer would be no. ;) Best, CC

nBladed
05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
I changed the balance of my k90. I have built up my butt cap (thus removing power from the stringbed). To compensate I have added 2 grams of lead at 11 and 1. The k90 is a very strange racket to add weight to. It does not respond well at all. Moving it up or down a couple of centimeters makes a huge difference!!

If I have it near 12 I get huge kick serves but the ball becomes dead when I hit near the top of the stringbed.

If I bring it near 2 and 10 it helps make a more solid stringbed, but then randomly I WILL GET A BALL THAT WILL ROCKET ON ME. Like hitting a turbo button.

Never had such a difference in placement of lead with the PS85. Or any other racket for that matter.

I am mystified by the k90's strangeness. It doesn't feel nearly as agile and clean as the PS85. But when you strike the ball the well, it is a satisfying feeling that has you coming for more.

dylo
05-06-2007, 10:44 AM

Unless it's the strings.

Or something.

pros make unforced errors too.

anyways, IMO i think it does hav a hotspot. none of the other racquets i play with do this, not even the n6.1 90

Sakumo
05-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Unless it's the strings.

Or something.

Lol agreed. Greg always has something full of smarts to say. :D

kingdaddy41788
05-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I'd just like to explain to everyone that Greg Raven's post was CLEARLY a joke. I mean come on people, get it together.

drakulie
05-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Now, seriously. ;)

If what you are asking is if folks have found the K90 to have 'hotspots' in the stringbed the answer would be no. ;) Best, CC

Words of wisdom, surely. :)

katastrof
05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
The OP is most likely trolling. If not, this should be taken as anectodal evidence of what these boards do to players. I mean come on, there's a generation of recreational players coming up who own 30+ racquets, change their racquets once every month, and never learn a thing about tennis in the meantime.

It's just sad, that's all :)

;)

donut
05-06-2007, 08:58 PM
i dont think ive hit that spot before o.0 maybe its a k-spot. or its wat federer hits all the time to make winners.

rocket
05-07-2007, 06:00 AM

That's what happens when you hit close to the bottom of the stringbed.

Thomas Bird-Itch
05-07-2007, 06:17 AM

Yes, it's call the sweetspot. Every now and then, even amatuers find it. ;)

armand
05-07-2007, 06:24 AM
hav any of u guys ever noticed that sometimes, the ball will rocket off the stringbed for no apparent reason.Not more so than any other racquet.

Azzurri
05-07-2007, 09:41 AM

Junior...we don't text message here. Your message made no sense. Please try to be respectful and type normal.;)

Azzurri
05-07-2007, 09:42 AM

Also...he was joking.

VGP
05-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Don't blame the equipment when user error is the culprit.

Sakumo
05-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow could he seriously not tell that Greg was joking around :|

Pro Staff Pete
05-10-2007, 12:49 AM
w00t. I hit with it last Saturday and I didn't like it! I haved played with PS85, PS90 and N90.. but the K90.. I don't know. It ws strung with a very stiff type of string (Sygnum Pro Poly I reckon).. but still I wasn't able to hit firm, deep strokes with it. However, I'm going for a second try soon, with another (string) set-up to see if it s any good.

OrangeOne
05-10-2007, 12:53 AM
The OP is most likely trolling. If not, this should be taken as anectodal evidence of what these boards do to players. I mean come on, there's a generation of recreational players coming up who own 30+ racquets, change their racquets once every month, and never learn a thing about tennis in the meantime.

It's just sad, that's all :)

;)

If only I could nominate that as post of the week! Great post, and oh-so-true.