PDA

View Full Version : demo selection

lilxjohnyy
05-06-2007, 11:40 AM
im about to demo a couple rackets. as a 3.5 nearly 4.0 player usually use pure drive... hoping for less power.i decided to demo ncode6.1 95, mfil 300, nblade, and the yonex rds001 mp. should i demo all four rackets at once or should i demo them two at a time???

phucng_10
05-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Well, if you demo all 4 at once I don't think you'll be able to see which racquet feels the best for you. Demo 2 then play one for about half a week and the other for the next half.

nhstennis
05-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I wold demo 2 at a time like phucng sugested

lilxjohnyy
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
well which two would u recommend i try first.... as in which two do u prefer that i might like ???

BkK_b0y14
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
nblade and mfil first, cuz those are closest in weight so it might be easier for u.

fuzz nation
05-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I'd say it's a good call to get two at a time and the idea of the nBlade and M-Fil 300 together would probably be smart. I got a bundle of four demos once from TW and it would have been too much, but I lucked out and ruled out two of them right away.

One other frame that you might want to at least read about is the DNX 10 midplus. It sound like that one offers moderate power with a truckload of control and feel. I demoed the mid and it wasn't exciting for me, but I'm curious about that bigger one.

nhstennis
05-07-2007, 12:27 PM
is it worth demoing both the dunlop 200 (16 mains) and the Mfil 300 or is one significantly better. I am looking for easy to maneuver, stable racket that is good for volleys and serve while offering good pwr/ctrl from the baseline.......
Also planing on the DNX 9 and Tecnifibre 320 (16)

lilxjohnyy
05-07-2007, 01:38 PM
although everyone seems to tell me its better to demo mfil and nblade first... im leaning towards ncode 6.1 and the yonex...i think the mfil is too light + nblade are a little too light becauuse i use pure drive and it is heavier than them... i think pure drive is too light for me ...

nhstennis
05-07-2007, 03:01 PM
If the pure is too light demo the others first. What was the SW of the pure drive you hit with, or which one was it?? The Nblade has a high SW so it feels heavier.....give it a try you might be suprised. The Mfil is just light though.

lilxjohnyy
05-07-2007, 05:00 PM
more help please..

lilxjohnyy
05-07-2007, 08:08 PM
should i get k(95) or ncode.... is there any difff. i like the ncode looks better

phucng_10
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
should i get k(95) or ncode.... is there any difff. i like the ncode looks better

I doubt you'll even last playing with an nCode. Don't bother, just demo a racquet that's easy on your arm! :mad: What I'm trying to tell you is that, even if you demo a racquet just for looks, you won't be able to play with it. The racquet doesn't matter, it's the person who's holding the racquet that matters!

fgs
05-08-2007, 12:55 AM
the four racquets you selected are a quite interesting choice and i think that all of them are good and have their strong points - i happen to have played the n6.1 95 and currently the blade.
when demoing racquets it is advisable to play a little longer with each one. while for some racquets it is easy to tell after only a few shots that they are not adequate for your gamestyle, others will initially offer some pleasent surprises for the first few hits. therefore it is advisable to play for some time longer with the ones that passed the "first impression test", so that you get around to know also the backdraws of each racquet and then be able to evaluate which would be the best fit for your gamestyle from the overall performance.

lilxjohnyy
05-08-2007, 11:13 AM
i think im goin to demo 3 rackets instead of 2 becuase mfil 300 is too light... should i do that or should i just demo mfil anyway ??

fgs
05-08-2007, 12:10 PM
you should demo it anyway - why? it could be that you like the "feel" of it, because the weight issue can be addressed with some leadtape, but what good would be the proper weight it that stick got no "feel"?

phucng_10
05-08-2007, 03:21 PM
i think im goin to demo 3 rackets instead of 2 becuase mfil 300 is too light... should i do that or should i just demo mfil anyway ??

You are going way to crazy over the specs of these racquets you're about to demo. Go ahead, demo 3 racquets if you want to, but don't whine at us when you go back here and post a thread saying that you don't know the feel of each racquet. Playing 3 racquets in a week will not show you any potential inside the racquet.