PDA

View Full Version : Hand positions on the 2HBH

MrCLEAN
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I was goofing off the other day, and thought I would play a match w/ my old 2HBH (I've played 1h for the last couple of years). I noticed something, I'm right handed, so my right hand was on the bottom of the grip, and the butt of the racket settled into the pad on the bottom left of my palm (the opposite corner from where your index finger attaches). Anyway, I noticed that I was, in effect only using my thumb and first three fingers on that hand, and wondered what effect that would have on the shot.

For all you guys and gals that know way more than me about such things, on the 2HBH, is your right hand supposed to be completely on the grip, as it would be on a 1HBH? Or can you cheat a bit, and choke up on it some and let your left hand pick up the slack?

jb193
05-07-2007, 06:03 AM
I choke it up a bit and it feels fine since I still have another hand on the racquet. My right hand (dominant) is in a "Choked" continental grip and my non-dominant hand is in a semi-western/eastern grip.

fearless1
05-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I think Bjorn Borg gripped his 2hb the same way...such a grip helps to whip the 2hb for more topspin which is what Borg wanted.