PDA

View Full Version : Any 4.0 Players use a 10 ounce racket

lisaburton
05-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I am currently playing with a 12.25 ounce OS HL racket... I am 61 and it is a bit too heavy for me... My serves and OH are missing some power... I have tried a 10 oz OS racket and was able to slam my serves... I guess the 2 oz reduction makes a considerable difference in head speed.
My question is this... Are there any 4.0 or higher players who use a 10 ounce OS racket or are these more of a transitional racket for waker players.

Ken

movdqa
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I think that there are several "Team" racquets at just under 11 ounces that use a more even balance to bump up the swingweight while keeping static weight low.

My personal feeling is that the weight adds stability to the racquet when you're playing against players that hit a heavy ball. I can get lots of power from the Flexpoint Radical Team racquet (10.8 Oz I think) but I hate the level of vibration that I get when hitting with it. It doesn't seem to work well with an Eastern Grip either as it turns into a rocketlauncher without a more western grip and decent topspin.

NoBadMojo
05-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I am currently playing with a 12.25 ounce OS HL racket... I am 61 and it is a bit too heavy for me... My serves and OH are missing some power... I have tried a 10 oz OS racket and was able to slam my serves... I guess the 2 oz reduction makes a considerable difference in head speed.
My question is this... Are there any 4.0 or higher players who use a 10 ounce OS racket or are these more of a transitional racket for waker players.

Ken

sure lots of better players use light/lighter racquets, especially in your age group. try and think in terms of swingweight rather than static weight and figure out what your ideal swingweight is. that will help you narrow down the options as there are a ton of good frames in between 10ozs and 12.25 ozs...most racquets actually.

ask a boxer if there is a difference between 8 oz gloves and 9 oz gloves.........

thejackal
05-06-2007, 08:02 PM
a guy on my team uses a head i.s.2

he has the hardest forehand on the team