PDA

View Full Version : a comparison...can you take it?

califsurferboy33
05-06-2007, 09:18 PM
please compare the wilson nsixone tour (90) racket with the Babolat Pure Drive Team Standard racket (100). Thanks. Please use the following categories.

Swingweight:
Spin:
Power:
Serving:
Kick on serve:
Control:
Slice:
2 handed backhand:
Stiffness:

and anything else you can think of. Thanks.

bk

BreakPoint
05-06-2007, 09:53 PM
The Wilson nSix-One Tour and the Babolat Pure Drive cannot be compared. It is against the law. ;)

Sorry. :-(

Voltron
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
*Kicks down door* Put your hands on your head, comparing those racquets is a felony! ;)

[K]aotic
05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
y don't we compare an apple and an orange where we're at it?

Noveson
05-06-2007, 10:42 PM
aotic;1426925']y don't we compare an apple and an orange where we're at it?

Hahaha, this is coming from a guy with both of them! If they are so different how can you play with both? Maybe by chance you have both because they are two of the most popular overhyped racquets? Just a guess;)

[K]aotic
05-06-2007, 11:21 PM
i don't play with the pd... its just in my bag for show :D originally i played with the pd and thought it was really great but then i demoed the k factors and thot it was even better even though it was way more demanding... and the woofer just had a really mushy feel compared to the k factor so i ditched the pd and went for the k90. never really thought about selling the pd..

[K]aotic
05-06-2007, 11:23 PM
sry for the double post, but silly me!!! i just compared both of em.

anirut
05-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Comparing these two rackets could result in serious physical and mental injuries, lawsuits and imprisonment.

Thomas Bird-Itch
05-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Use a PD if you wanna be able to hit outright winners and aces. Use the Tour 90 if you care more about keeping the ball in the court when attempting it. ;)

[K]aotic
05-07-2007, 07:27 PM
maybe its cuz ur not good enough to hit winners with it ;)

jk :D

Northpaw
05-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I haven't played with the K(90), but I have played with (many) K Factors. Overall, I definitely enjoyed the K Factor raquets more. This is, of course, very objective, and I don't feel much like giving a proper review. The best thing to do in any case is to go out there and demo them both if possible.

Swissv2
05-07-2007, 08:16 PM
There is actually a comparison between both.

Completely Opposit.

if you want product specs, just check TW website.

armand
05-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks to Babolat BS and their ******** woofy system, the clowns at the pro shop insist on stringing the demos at 55lbs or something. A completely useless tension with a racquet so large.

But, if we wanna make the comparison anyway, here's the jist:
PD
Power: 1,006
Control: -18(yes, we need to get into negative numbers here)

nCode
Power: controllable
Control: whateva

BreakPoint
05-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Comparing these two rackets could result in serious physical and mental injuries, lawsuits and imprisonment.
Ha ha ha ha! LMAO!

Thats very funny, anirut! :lol:

phucng_10
05-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Well I've never played with the Wilson Tour 90 but I have a 6.1 95 myself, so I'll try give some specs. The stiffness between the Babolat and the 6.1 95 is a huge differ. My slice serve was great with the Babolat but then when I switched to the 6.1 95 my slice serves were way off the service box. Control is similar but I rather play with the PD more then my 6.1 95. Topspins are great as well as 2hand backhand. You just have to know the right form to show the true power of a 2h backhand with a PD. ;)

Noveson
05-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks to Babolat BS and their ******** woofy system, the clowns at the pro shop insist on stringing the demos at 55lbs or something. A completely useless tension with a racquet so large.

But, if we wanna make the comparison anyway, here's the jist:
PD
Power: 1,006
Control: -18(yes, we need to get into negative numbers here)

nCode
Power: controllable
Control: whateva

I'm sick of all the (K)ontrol freaks....Armand from all reports the PD has GREAT directional control, as most stiff racquets do. As far as depth control, this shouldn't be too hard, if you don't hit with enough spin, then it isn't for you. I begin to wonder whether you have tried the PD, most likely you have just listened to all the racquet purists on this board, and adopted their opinions as your own.

Thomas Bird-Itch
05-08-2007, 06:33 AM
aotic;1428699']maybe its cuz ur not good enough to hit winners with it ;)

Just a joke. I could hit winners off of either side, with either racquet, but I use something cheaper to do it with. Babolat is loosely translated from French as "expensive tweener" I believe. Wilson in ye old english is "marketing fraud." Dunlop, what I use is something like "yer broke." :-)

armand
05-08-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm sick of all the (K)ontrol freaks....Armand from all reports the PD has GREAT directional control, as most stiff racquets do. As far as depth control, this shouldn't be too hard, if you don't hit with enough spin, then it isn't for you. I begin to wonder whether you have tried the PD, most likely you have just listened to all the racquet purists on this board, and adopted their opinions as your own.No, I did demo it. But it was strung way too loose. I'm not a crazy topspin player and so I like to have a tighter stringbed. Usually midrange is ok, but thanks to the woof-woof system, Babolat puts a different tension range on the racquet which made it around 55lbs which coulda been used as a trampoline for a small primate such as a howler monkey or ringtailed lemur.
Now if it was strung to the 'real' midrange, (I guess 60+) then it would be a different story. But Babolat lives by the woof system and I guess it dies by it as well.

I actually did try the PD Roddick since, and that was strung more reasonably with Hurricane and what seemed to be a higher tension. But I only hit with it for 5 min in heavy winds.