PDA

View Full Version : Fischer M Speed Pro 1 - serving problems

db26
05-06-2007, 10:27 PM
I currently have the Fischer M Speed Pro 1 as a demo.
The racquet feels great on all ground strokes and volleys.
My problem is that with this racquet, my serve is very inconsistant.
My flat serves sail long, my kick serves fall short/or long. I've tried adding
2 gm of lead tape at 3 and 9, not much improvement. Any other recommendations? Thank you.

I am demoing at the same time the Yonex RDS001/002, Dunlop Ae 200,
Wilson K 6-1. I have no problems at all serving consistantly with these, but on ground strokes the Fisher just feel better.

jonolau
05-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Have you tried taking it easy with serves instead of smashing the life out of the ball? One common problem about demos with serves is that one would always try to smack a Roddick serve ...

phucng_10
05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
It's not the racquet, it's you. Flat serves are always meant to be inconsistant. Flat serves tend to have the more percentage of going out rather then into the service box. I suggest trying/learning the Slice Serve. If you can't do that serve, you can't do any serve except the Dink Serve.

db26
05-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Jonolu,
Thank you for your comment, as I pointed out, I am satisfied with the
other demos that I have when it comes to serves, the M1 just requires
a much bigger adjustment from my end.

phucng_10,
Not sure about yours, but my flat serve is very consistant and gets
me lots of free points, but that's only at the 4.5 level.

tlm
09-21-2007, 07:06 PM
I have demoed both the regular m speed pro 98 + the light version+ the light serves great, while i had trouble with the heavier 12 ounce verion on the serve.

hoosierbr
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM
When I demoed this racquet I found it to be the most low powered I probably have ever hit but didn't have trouble serving with it. Perhaps you're swingwing too hard, fast or putting too much into the serve. Try and smooth it out, don't go for so much and see what happens.

LafayetteHitter
09-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Most 4.5 players that I hit with don't need much advice to correct serve issues. Normally at that level you are able to figure out what is needed? Am I missing something here?