PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Demo Rackets

bumfluff
05-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Ok, I think I really need to try before I buy as last time I bought and now I am paying the price. I have found one place that doesn't automatically take out the deposit when demoing a racket.

These are the options I have:

Babolat Aero Pro Drive
Babolat Aero Strike
Babolat Pure Drive Team
Babolat Drive Z Lite
Babolat Drive Z Max
Babolat Drive Z Lite 07 - New
Babolat Drive Z Tour 07 - New
Babolat NS Drive
Babolat Contest Si
Babolat Aero Pro Junior
Babolat New Pure Drive - New
Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Junior - New

Wilson nBlade (98) - New
Wilson n4 (111 inch)
Wilson nTour-Two (95) - New
Wilson nSix-One Team
Wilson n6-2 (100) - New
Wilson nPro Team
Wilson n26 - New Colour
Wilson nFury - New
Wilson nBlade 26 Junior - New
Wilson Pro-Staff Rok - Sale!

You can discount the junior rackets. I have already tried a friend's Pure Drive Team and liked it. I think I will stick to Wilson and Babolat, so what two rackets out of that list should I try? and then can you add two more to that list if I decide to try 4.

I thik I am looking for a racket that offers a balance of power and control and is not too light, perhaps a little over 300g which is fairly balanced and certainly not head heavy.

bumfluff
05-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Ok, I have found out that the New Pure Drive listed is the Pure Drive Cortex so I think I will try that and do you think I should see if I can get a demo version of the Drive Roddick?

nhstennis
05-07-2007, 03:06 PM
NBLADE
NBLADE
NBLADE
great racket amazing feel decent spin and thats not all
give it a try!!!!

For a lighter racket the Ksixone team is also a great option

fgs
05-07-2007, 11:04 PM
the nblade is an amazing racquet indeed, but then it does not qualify for the "blend" of power and control asked for. from the wilson line i'd rather go with the npro for this reason.

bumfluff
05-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I am thinking I might try only Babolat rackets as the n6.1 team is the only Wilson I am interested in, and that I can try from a friend.

JediMindTrick
05-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Since you liked the Pure Drive, I think you should also try the Pure Storm and AeroPro Drive. The rest of the Babolats look like toy racquets.

nhstennis
05-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Out of the BABS the pure storm was my favorte to play with

phucng_10
05-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Try out the new Babolat Pure Drive.

[K]aotic
05-08-2007, 03:38 PM
NBLADE
NBLADE
NBLADE
great racket amazing feel decent spin and thats not all
give it a try!!!!

For a lighter racket the Ksixone team is also a great option
i agree with nblade. i have heard a lot of words of praise for it so i'm planning to demo it this summer.

bumfluff
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
I think I will try out the babolats first as these are something completely new to me.

Anton
05-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Wilson Pro-Staff Rok