PDA

View Full Version : FH down the line gives wrist pain.

sapient007
05-07-2007, 07:10 AM
My wrist has been a little tender recently and i've just noticed some pain hitting FHs down the line. I'm a bit more hesitant to hit down the line b/c i know there will be some discomfort. Is it normal?? or is it my form??

this is usually only for FH's down the line where the ball coming at me is a bit high so i tend to stiffen my wrist and hit a pretty flat shot.

anyone else with this issue?

ps60
05-07-2007, 02:25 PM
i suffered a wrist (inside) injury using my old woodie, that's 1.5 yrs ago.
it's still there and fh volley is what i 'd like to be cautious.
Maybe u should check out the wrist and if nothing wrong, strengthen it.

Seifersquall1
10-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Strengthen your wrist and you won't have this problem. Buy a hand grip :D

rosenstar
10-14-2007, 09:25 AM
chance are either your wrist is not strong enough or your technique is wrong. I'm guessing it's your technique, b/c I can't understand why you're wrist could handle a cross court shot, but not a down the line shot. sounds like you probably change your form when hitting down the line. we'd have to see a vid, otherwise we really can't tell you how to fix it.

Breakaz54z
10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
I agree with Rosenstar. I had wrist problems a month ago because I was using a semi-western/western grip FH when my FH technique is more suited for an eastern grip. Chances are, you could be wristing the ball too much and causing excessive stress to your wrist. I would highly recommend speaking to a teacher, coach, or if you know of a skilled player who can help you find the flaw in your technique. Also post a video as well if you have the means to do so. Good luck and rest that wrist before hitting again!

brownyazn
10-15-2007, 08:15 AM
i suffered a wrist (inside) injury using my old woodie, that's 1.5 yrs ago.
it's still there and fh volley is what i 'd like to be cautious.
Maybe u should check out the wrist and if nothing wrong, strengthen it.

you used a woodie up until a year and a half ago?
that's pretty cool