PDA

View Full Version : Pog Mp Vs O3 Mid

ccelis
05-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Just wondering how they compare if you are used to the feel of the POG. Does o3 do anything better?

Thanks

muggy
05-07-2007, 09:07 AM
I think you mean the o3 tour mid, and the feel of all the o3's are different from just about any other racquet. Whether this is good or bad depends on the strings and the preference of the person. Just the way the ball pops and the kind of feedback you get is different, especially with the soft grommet in the racquet, it acts as a large dampener, and makes the feel a little different.

The o3 will have a lot of spin, to me this is the most beneficial thing about the o3 technology, their racquets tend to be very spin-friendly and you can take big swipes with a good sized sweetspot.

tennisinoc
05-07-2007, 09:15 AM
The O3 is whippier and lighter. Not the same felling at all as the POG.
O3 feels hollow while the POG feels solid.
POG has a more open string pattern = more spin
More control with the POG
Too much power with O3
When I demoed the O3, my balls were going long compared to my POG
03 was too Whippy, too light, and not as good as feel

ccelis
05-07-2007, 09:53 AM
I think you mean the o3 tour mid, and the feel of all the o3's are different from just about any other racquet. Whether this is good or bad depends on the strings and the preference of the person. Just the way the ball pops and the kind of feedback you get is different, especially with the soft grommet in the racquet, it acts as a large dampener, and makes the feel a little different.

The o3 will have a lot of spin, to me this is the most beneficial thing about the o3 technology, their racquets tend to be very spin-friendly and you can take big swipes with a good sized sweetspot.

Yes you are correct I meant the o3 Tour Mid.

Thanks for the feedback.

ccelis
05-07-2007, 09:54 AM
The O3 is whippier and lighter. Not the same felling at all as the POG.
O3 feels hollow while the POG feels solid.
POG has a more open string pattern = more spin
More control with the POG
Too much power with O3
When I demoed the O3, my balls were going long compared to my POG
03 was too Whippy, too light, and not as good as feel

Just wanted to make sure, you are talking about the o3 tour Mid not MP, correct?

Thanks

tennisinoc
05-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Both 03 tour and MP had the same feeling as described above. Not much difference in my opinion. The MP was more forgiving like any other larger headsize is.

nhstennis
05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
is the MP considerably lighter/ easier to handle??