PDA

View Full Version : 1hbh Follow Through

polea
05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
I got a problem i the 1hbh f.through.
i usually make the path too low, too directed to the net and not to the sky.
do you have any tip that help me to correct this???
i usually net the ball or hit it with no spin. if i hit it hard it goes long cause the lack of spin.
thanks in advance

JCo872
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I got a problem i the 1hbh f.through.
i usually make the path too low, too directed to the net and not to the sky.
do you have any tip that help me to correct this???
i usually net the ball or hit it with no spin. if i hit it hard it goes long cause the lack of spin.
thanks in advance

You have to think LIFT on every ball. Watch how this pro lifts his arm on his onehanded backhand.

http://www.hi-techtennis.com/video_sample/index.php?movie=max_onehander.swf

Sup2Dresq
05-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Not sure this will help. My old college coach used to say, to help impart top spin pretend or have a tennis ball in your left shorts pocket (for right handers). On the take back brush the throat of the racquet down across the tennis ball and swing up toward the ball. Its a good techinque corrected. Also make sure you hold the racquet throat with your left hand (for right handers). Tug it a bit so when you let go.. it really flies. Will help with the power.

JCo872
05-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Not sure this will help. My old college coach used to say, to help impart top spin pretend or have a tennis ball in your left shorts pocket (for right handers). On the take back brush the throat of the racquet down across the tennis ball and swing up toward the ball. Its a good techinque corrected. Also make sure you hold the racquet throat with your left hand (for right handers). Tug it a bit so when you let go.. it really flies. Will help with the power.

That's a great tip. It gets your racket in the correct position every time if you do it!

jasoncho92
05-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Try to do it consciously first so you can get the right stroke.

tricky
05-07-2007, 02:51 PM
i usually make the path too low, too directed to the net and not to the sky. do you have any tip that help me to correct this???

Always visualize a "U" shape with the forward swing. Trace that U with your thumb. When you let go of your left hand, you're always at or just to the left of the U's bottom. Also, don't worry about swinging on the ball hard, let the legs and the U motion give you the power.

The Vitamin L
05-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Try to think more about your shoulder when swinging, so that when you lift the ball your stroke opens and rotates smoothly upwards. It's easier to do this if you shift well into a closed stance and a good knee bend which is always helpful. You don't need to bend an extreme amount, just enough to get into position for various ball heights and to get your shoulders turned so that your chin is pretty close to your shoulder. When you feel the timing is right (hit it early and out in front), just unload naturally through the ball and up.

sinned
05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
1hbh is a lateral raise. I describe it as a bruce lee upper cut but with your palm facing down so your arm needs to be strait. Everything from starting low to high, closed stance, using your shoulders to rotate around, striking in front of you, lift to raise your "opponent" off the ground, and firm grip on contact. Thats how I have successfully taught some friends. It's funny put it works.

What grip are you using? I learned using an eastern grip, but ran into the same problem, and have now switch to eastern. Although eastern never seemed right before, but now it seems more natural to hit and create top spin.

cliff
05-11-2007, 01:38 PM
There are some great free video clips on procomparetennis.net of the one handed backhands. Check out lopez' fluent bh swing