PDA

View Full Version : ***nblade Club*** :^)

Pages : [1] 2

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Hello Everyone!

I have been using this frame for a month now (98 head size) and cant believe i have never even thought about hitting with it before. Truth be told, ive always been a mid person, ps85, pc600, MW200, pog mid, pk redondo mid, rdx500, rds001 mid, dnx10 mid, k90, and many more have always been my weapon of choice. Ive tried alot of MP frames as well, but have never felt comfortable enough to play with them for an extended period of time. This is the only one that i have felt truly at home with, it makes me want to wake up at 7am and hit the courts everyday! Its the only MP frame that i have ever used where i have to constantly check the specs on the racquet to make sure it isnt a mid, because it definently play like one but has the comfort of a 115 inch size frame!

Anyways, I feel this frame and its owners need a place where we can all call home, a place where we can all share our histories and how we eventually landed on this frame, what setup and technique we use:

-lead
-headsize
-overgrip and replaced grips
-strings
-dampeners
-playing style

And also what victories we have had with it!

By the way, out of all the frames i have used, i have never started a club for any of them, thats how confident i am about this frame! :D

**** So i figured that there are many different categories of people who enjoy using the nBlade- those who use it exclusively, those who use it for singles but not for doubles (and vice versa), those who have it amongst many other racquets but still enjoy hitting with it, those who demoed it and just really liked it, ect. So instead of declaring everyone as "iron clad never use any other racquet" club members, ive decided to just call those who like playing with the nBlade..... "nBlade Supporters." **** :D

nBlade Supporters (read the above paragraph)
#1 chowdhurynaveen
#2 circusmouse
#3 knasty131
#4 pusher
#5 ben42
#6 jayserinos99
#7 ambro
#8 ilian
#9 alafter
#10 fgs
#11 orly_yarly
#12 jjl
#13 chieface
#14 grapto
#15 keyblade
#16 akwila
#17 terrence Kuo
#18 dna
#19 megaforcetkd
#20 drummerboy
#21 meow02
#22 superphong
#23 squints
#24 omisoshiru
#25 anantak2k
#26 jbr
#27 lisaburton
#28 josef
#29 uw_husky88
#30 kotennis
#31 dacrymn
#32 the ripper
#33 nagaros4
#34 ayuan
#35 nn
#36 davidgarcia
#37 matt21
#38 pimpmygame
#39 nhstennis
#40 stinkypanda
#41 siow a
#42 p d
#43 ezdude1970
#44 nautilus1982
#45 carguy
#46 venus06
#47 haveheart
#48 tennismaster888
#49 2 cent
#50 panathas13
#51 bodacious dvt
#52 chudat
#53 kotennis
#54 superspiritgun
#55 adams_1
#56 tennisguy94
#57 dr325i
#58 simbah2004
#59 gamerx52986
#60 rincon
#61 jacko

circusmouse
05-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't even own one yet, just demoed a couple of times, but I want to join. That's how confident I am. Even if I don't end up buying, I'm still a big fan.

knasty131
05-07-2007, 12:39 PM
i definitely will always keep one of these in my bag...it is my current playing stick and i played my first collegiate tennis year with it...

knasty131
05-07-2007, 12:40 PM
oh...but im still not "joining the club"...i think thats a little...ehhh

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Heres my story so far. :)

Been using it for a month now, playing everyday other day, my racquet history is above. I play it stock (98), no modifications, no lead (so far), no overgrip, with NXT OS @ 54 pds, and a wilson dampener. Also i am a flat hard hitter with some topspin for good measure ( sw grip ), 1hbh, flat server, baseliner who likes to come to the net when he has a definite finisher presented.

Just recently, i beat a 5.0+ college player that i have always had trouble with, 6-3, 2-6, 6-1. It was a 2 hour and 30 min match with alot of long deuce battles. He says, i quote, "in the last set, i was so discourged by your crazy a** shotmaking, i just gave up, i was so frustrated." By the way, at the end of the second set, i took off my overgrip and played the racquet stock for the last set, i liked the balance much better. If i add an overgrip or leather grip in the future, i will definently add lead at 12 to bring the balance back to around 2pts headlight.

knasty131
05-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Heres my story so far. :)

Been using it for a month now, playing everyday other day, my racquet history is above. I play it stock (98), no modifications, no lead (so far), no overgrip, with NXT OS @ 54 pds, and a wilson dampener. Also i am a flat hard hitter with some topspin for good measure ( sw grip ), 1hbh, flat server, baseliner who likes to come to the net when he has a definite finisher presented.

Just recently, i beat a 5.0+ college player that i have always had trouble with, 6-3, 2-6, 6-1. It was a 2 hour and 30 min match with alot of long deuce battles. He says, i quote, "in the last set, i was so discourged by your crazy a** shotmaking, i just gave up, i was so frustrated." By the way, at the end of the second set, i took off my overgrip and played the racquet stock for the last set, i liked the balance much better. If i add an overgrip or leather grip in the future, i will definently add lead at 12 to bring the balance back to stock.

all i did was replace the grip to leather and put roughly 3 grams extra lead in the handle...i string mine with a cyberflash/gosen micro hybrid...and FYI, anytime you add anything to a racket, you cant bring it back to stock by counterbalancing...you may be able to get the stock balance down, but thats it..

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 12:57 PM
circusmouse- I think "confident" is going to be a reoccuring theme with those who discover this racquet, your going to love owning this one! :D

knasty131- lol, no prob, thanks for the support though! :D

Plain and simple everyone, i just want to see if there are others out there that are as satisfied as me. :)

circusmouse
05-07-2007, 12:58 PM
oh...but im still not "joining the club"...i think thats a little...ehhh

I'd agree with you, but the club is purely symbolic so it makes no difference. I guess it's just a way of feeling in league with others who love this unique racquet. But if they ever ask for dues, I'm out.

bad_call
05-07-2007, 01:00 PM
naveen - have u ever hit with the volk T10V mid? if by chance you have then please post your experience. thanks.

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 01:04 PM
all i did was replace the grip to leather and put roughly 3 grams extra lead in the handle...i string mine with a cyberflash/gosen micro hybrid...and FYI, anytime you add anything to a racket, you cant bring it back to stock by counterbalancing...you may be able to get the stock balance down, but thats it..

Your completely right! I totally misworded that, please forgive my lack of clarity. Ive edited and corrected my last post, thanks. :)

knasty131
05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
naveen - have u ever hit with the volk T10V mid? if by chance you have then please post your experience. thanks.

Ive tried this racket and in my experience it could be a very rewarding frame but didn't have that typical volkl feel...it also was extremely underpowered IMO but that has its advantages and disadvantages...in comparison to the nblade, the blade has way more of that buttery feel and is way more comfortable...but i think the t10VE mid was definitely better for serves..but then again i didnt get that good of a hit with the t10ve mid...

and even though i wont join the club, ill support with my findings of the nBlade

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
I'd agree with you, but the club is purely symbolic so it makes no difference. I guess it's just a way of feeling in league with others who love this unique racquet. But if they ever ask for dues, I'm out.

No dues, knowledge and satisfaction are for free here!

Yes i have, i hit with it for about two weeks, it a very good frame, and is pretty easy on the arm. Its more geared towards flat hitters, and is equally good with 1hbh or 2hbh. If accuracy is the name of your game, this will fit you well, this frame is all about exact placement, but you have to bring your own power. My favorite shot though were slices, they were just so nasty! I even started using them constantly just so i could **** off my opponent, it was fun watching them trip all over themselves. But alas, i did not stick with it because, my hitting partners always said the ball speed on my forehands was outstanding, but if they could get to the ball, they felt it was very very easy to get it back deep and controlled. Basically, for me, i didnt hit a hugely heavy "hard to handle" ball with it. This is something that i value very much. I think lead in the hoop would fix this problem, but i still didnt keep it because i dont particularly like to fiddle with my frames too much. Regardless, if i had the money to start a collection, this would definitly be a frame i would include!

Pusher
05-07-2007, 01:25 PM
The Nblade is a good hitting frame.

But I've sent 3 back to Wilson because they break right above the handle.

Guess I don't get to use the secret handshake.

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 01:31 PM
WOW, they broke above the handle?

Was it a crack or a chip? Thats really unfortunate!!

Anyone else had this problem...concerned. :(

Pusher
05-07-2007, 01:36 PM
WOW, they broke above the handle?

Was it a crack or a chip? Thats really unfortunate!!

Anyone else had this problem...concerned. :(

It looks like a crack in the paint to start then eventually it just breaks.
The racquets were used by my son (17) and he is a tournament player and he hits hard against other good players. Club players would probably not have the problem. The last one I bought in February and I sent it to Wilson today.

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 01:40 PM
The Nblade is a good hitting frame.

But I've sent 3 back to Wilson because they break right above the handle.

Guess I don't get to use the secret handshake.

Ofcourse you get to use the secret handshake, we especially honor those who have had fallen soldiers under their wings! ;)

Pusher
05-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Ofcourse you get to use the secret handshake, we especially honor those who have had fallen soldiers under their wings! ;)

Thanks. The Nblade club is the best!

Ben42
05-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I play the old nPro 98. I know it's a different layup (stiffer, I think it's a 68), and weird string pattern (18x18 ), but it's the same mold.

Can I still join?

bad_call
05-07-2007, 03:42 PM
knasty and naveen - thanx for your comments. i'll keep the nblade in mind when the time comes. right now still digging the T10V mid. need to get some serious matches that test...

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I play the old nPro 98. I know it's a different layup (stiffer, I think it's a 68), and weird string pattern (18x18 ), but it's the same mold.

Can I still join?

In order to appreciate the future, we must appreciate and honor our past!
Welcome!!

jayserinos99
05-07-2007, 04:19 PM
I guess I would be a member of many clubs...but I just recently pulled out my nblade strung with Pacific Toughgut at mid 50s tension and I must say it is one solid stick. It has a Fairway leather grip + 1 Wilson overgrip; I use a rubber band damper with 2 knots. I hope to play with it a bit more...but I am pleasantly surprised by this frame.

ambro
05-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Count me in. Recent switcher to the frame.

I play the Midplus 4 3/8 frame with no lead, but with a Babolat leather grip plus Wilson Pro Overgrip. Strung with Poly/Multi hybrid at 55 lb. Great stick.

ilian
05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I loved it from the first time I hit a ball with it... As a matter of fact, I have been dissappointed by all of the racquets I have used since I was 15 (I have played with many) cause they are simply not comfortable and extremely stiff. I used to play with a Dunlop MAX 200G, which to me is the best tennis racquet ever made, and I never could find anything that could come close to it, but the nBlade suits me and I am confident enough to say that it is the best racquet for me since the Dunlop MAX 200G.

Alafter
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Is this the happy affeminated males association? No, it's the nBlade club! Mmm Mmmm well color-me-there!

I use the OS version. I am a baseliner. It's a good stick.

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 08:25 PM
***update***

I just put up a list of all the new nBlade users on the original post. Keep em coming!! :D

Jayserinos99, ambro, ilian, alafter- welcome!

Question for everyone, i see alot of leather grip mods, but no lead applications yet, anyone venture down that path of experimentation yet? The nBlade seems like a great platform for lead tinkering.

ilian
05-07-2007, 08:29 PM
***update***

I just put up a list of all the new nBlade users on the original post. Keep em coming!! :D

Jayserinos99, ambro, ilian, alafter- welcome!

Question for everyone, i see alot of leather grip mods, but no lead applications yet, anyone venture down that path of experimentation yet? The nBlade seems like a great platform for lead tinkering.

Thanks and I agree with you! I am very interested in how the racquet will behave when leaded.

knasty131
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
be careful when leading this racket...the already high SW can be tricky...unless youre attempting the fizzled out trend of SW2

Alafter
05-07-2007, 11:39 PM
I have not found anything wrong with the racquet so far and hence i cannot justify leading.

chowdhurynaveen
05-07-2007, 11:44 PM
I have not found anything wrong with the racquet so far and hence i cannot justify leading.

After playing today, i am starting to find out the exact same thing! But just to quench my curiosity, im gonna do some experimenting anyway.:)

Phil
05-07-2007, 11:57 PM
What's this "club" crap all of a sudden. It's a damn racquet, not a pop singer or politician. Just more hype for mostly inferior products.

Alafter
05-08-2007, 01:00 AM
What's this "club" crap all of a sudden. It's a damn racquet, not a pop singer or politician. Just more hype for mostly inferior products.

Awwwwwwwww phil, look at you. Dont be so naughty now. Oh looky-looky-look at chu...all angry and no funny-funny?

Phil
05-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Awwwwwwwww phil, look at you. Dont be so naughty now. Oh looky-looky-look at chu...all angry and no funny-funny?

Answer my question, please!

chowdhurynaveen
05-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Relax phil, theres no need to be so angry. Its a tennis racquet forum, where else would we express our passions and inquiries about the game of tennis, or the tools used there in? :)

Please lets not spoil the good hearted atmosphere we have enjoyed so far in this thread, it would be a shame.

Alafter
05-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Answer my question, please!
*Lights a pipe*

Ahhhh Phil. There's no why, Philly philly! I see you're having the "why" stage....

*puffs*
Inferior or not, whether it's a toilet seat with strings glued to it, a living object or inanimate, a club is just a gathering to show how much you like what you like!

Phil
05-08-2007, 02:10 AM
*Lights a pipe*

Ahhhh Phil. There's no why, Philly philly! I see you're having the "why" stage....

*puffs*
Inferior or not, whether it's a toilet seat with strings glued to it, a living object or inanimate, a club is just a gathering to show how much you like what you like!

Why aren't you two-clamchowder too-giving me a straight answer! Answer my question, please!

Alafter
05-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Is your question not "why a club"? Even better, rewrite your question again.

fgs
05-08-2007, 02:59 AM
phil,
first, you did not put any question mark, so nobody thought it was a question. second, what's YOUR problem with anyone wanting to join a club? third, why do you consider the nblade an inferior product? fourth, what would be a superior product in your opinion?

regarding the blades,
i think that there is no secret that i play the os version and that i really love this frame.
i am an aggressive baseliner hitting lots pf topspin off both sides, play mostly singles but get quite a lot of doubles action in tournaments only (!) as of lately (playing more serve & volley). i play a 2hbh, so contrary to some opinions of other users, i find this stick very well suited for the 2hbh too (1hbh slice though). this year i started to play 40+ tournaments, so i would say that my pleasure comes not only from hitting but also from winning.
started tennis at an early age (6yrs.) and played until 22 competitively. last two years mostly injured so i decided to leave the game and left it for 19 years (with the exception of a few "social" encounters, where i simply HAD to play). got back into the game in september 2005 because my son (almost 8 now) wanted to start to play after watching us open on tv.

my 106 blades setup: leather grip, no overgrip, 12g lead total at 11 and 1 o'clock, n-trap vibe damper, nxt tour 16g strings at 51lbs mains / 49lbs crosses - this gets to 337g static, 1pt headheavy balance, very high swingweight!

Phil
05-08-2007, 03:19 AM
phil,
first, you did not put any question mark, so nobody thought it was a question. second, what's YOUR problem with anyone wanting to join a club?
Answer it, please! And, "clubs" are code words for exclusionary policies.

third, why do you consider the nblade an inferior product? fourth, what would be a superior product in your opinion?
Because anything with a name that sounds like the newest NATO fighter jet is gonna suck-it's all about gettin' suckers to buy this stuff, and a kool high tech name gets 'em every time. Superior product? Mebe many racquets produced before around 1996 or so...not all, but many. Materials and quality control were better and not everything was cheap Chinese-made junk. Also, more emphasis on quality of the product rather than quality of the marketing campaign. "nBlade"-c'mon, gimme a break! ANswer it, please!

Alafter
05-08-2007, 03:20 AM
Somebody needs to burp-burp and poop-poop Phil? Phil is so unhappy-happy-happy *tickle tummy*.

Orly_Yarly
05-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Because anything with a name that sounds like the newest NATO fighter jet is gonna suck-it's all about gettin' suckers to buy this stuff, and a kool high tech name gets 'em every time. Superior product? Mebe many racquets produced before around 1996 or so...not all, but many. Materials and quality control were better and not everything was cheap Chinese-made junk. Also, more emphasis on quality of the product rather than quality of the marketing campaign. "nBlade"-c'mon, gimme a break! ANswer it, please!

I love how losers hate everything today and claim everything yesterday to be superior. Do you use internet or cell phone?

QQ more.

PS

We're trying to have a little fun here, if you dont enjoy, GT*O. Simple?

Back to topic, although I don't own an nBlade, I liked it a lot when I demo'd it. May I join the club and be a 'supporter'? ^_^

<3

knasty131
05-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Yes...please...back on topic...I just got a reel of Pro Supex Premier ace 17g and am going to be comparing it to weissCANNON Silverstring in the nBlade. I prefer Poly/synthetic hybrids so when I try both out, it will be with Gosen OG Micro 17g and I think I will string them both at 59 mains and 61 crosses...this will be a little later though...I get cleared on may 16th from my shoulder surgery

chowdhurynaveen
05-08-2007, 12:29 PM
phil,
first, you did not put any question mark, so nobody thought it was a question. second, what's YOUR problem with anyone wanting to join a club? third, why do you consider the nblade an inferior product? fourth, what would be a superior product in your opinion?

regarding the blades,
i think that there is no secret that i play the os version and that i really love this frame.
i am an aggressive baseliner hitting lots pf topspin off both sides, play mostly singles but get quite a lot of doubles action in tournaments only (!) as of lately (playing more serve & volley). i play a 2hbh, so contrary to some opinions of other users, i find this stick very well suited for the 2hbh too (1hbh slice though). this year i started to play 40+ tournaments, so i would say that my pleasure comes not only from hitting but also from winning.
started tennis at an early age (6yrs.) and played until 22 competitively. last two years mostly injured so i decided to leave the game and left it for 19 years (with the exception of a few "social" encounters, where i simply HAD to play). got back into the game in september 2005 because my son (almost 8 now) wanted to start to play after watching us open on tv.

my 106 blades setup: leather grip, no overgrip, 12g lead total at 11 and 1 o'clock, n-trap vibe damper, nxt tour 16g strings at 51lbs mains / 49lbs crosses - this gets to 337g static, 1pt headheavy balance, very high swingweight!

Welcome fgs, great to see you here!! i know from your previous posts that you have been using the nblade for a while so im very interested to customize my setup similar to yours since i have that same love for the baseline as you do! :)

I love how losers hate everything today and claim everything yesterday to be superior. Do you use internet or cell phone?

QQ more.

PS

We're trying to have a little fun here, if you dont enjoy, GT*O. Simple?

Back to topic, although I don't own an nBlade, I liked it a lot when I demo'd it. May I join the club and be a 'supporter'? ^_^

<3

Welcome Orly_Yarly!! Thanks for the support!! What frame do you use now, and how does it compare to the nbalde? I like hitting with different frames for fun, im usually pretty flat hitter, but if the mood strikes me, ill pull out my pog mid and spin away! Interested to here your comparison! :)

As for the phil, i think he epitomizes the phrase, "you cant reason with the unreasonable." What ever logic we throw his way, his unfounded anger and misplaced disgust will prevent him from hearing our valid comments. Please take your interminable quarrel some where else, and leave us to our discussion...please.

chowdhurynaveen
05-08-2007, 12:50 PM
fgs and orly_yarly, ive added you guys to the list, thanks for the support!

Regarding the nblade, ive been trying out a couple of strings and have found that so far, nxt os (1.28mm) @ 54 pounds plays the best for me. Good grip on the ball, excellent control with medium power, but when you go for winners, the power just heats up to gives you an extremely penetrating ball.
Also, im not super fond of the stock true grip, so i replaced it with a prince air cushion grip and put a wilson pro overgrip on top of that. I have found that this setup preserve the original balance and weight (got it tested on a rdc flex/weight/balance machine) since the prince grip is a bit lighter than the true grip.

Happy Hitting! :)

fgs
05-08-2007, 01:07 PM
chowdhurynaveen,
i started playing the blades in late october last year, after the tournament season finished, but i had made up my mind already during summer, when i was basically looking for a racquet for my wife.
i want to draw to your attention that the way i balance my racquets is really weird (if not sick!). i used to do this way back in my junior years with the donnay borg pros and previously allwoods - i always liked them slightly headheavy and noone was talking swingweight back than. i kept it this way even after i have switched to graphite racquets and one and a half years ago when i started out again, i just couldn't keep from getting back to it. so, the only difference is the static weight, which has constantly gone down from some 430g on the woodies way back then to currently 337g on the 106 blades. but the swingweight of my setup seems to be somewhere around the 410-420range, so i think it is reasonable to issue a warning.
i am quite a conservative guy and am not really tweaking around a lot. the only things i do try from time to time is strings, but if i tell you that i have played/tested "only" 8 different strings since september 05 and i get about 8-10 hrs. per set, you can get a picture of me calling myself conservative. i like soft multis and could not make friends with polys so far, and i don't think i'll try any more any time soon - i simply am satisfied with what i get from the nxt tour and like to concentrate on "regaining" my game - well, we all know that it will never happen since i too get older every day, but i still feel that there is some place for improvement.

phil,
dear phil, yes, i am a sucker, i bought this product, this very low grade piece of trash, this nato-fighter gimmick, this marketing hype, yes, they got to my brain, they made me love it, they hit the target with me, these obscene marketing guys - i'm the blade runner, i slice my opponents to pieces.
now, every club is something elitist if you look at it from a certain perspective, but the nblade club, or the prestige club or the prince club are all member clubs of the tennis community club, which itself faces the soccer clubs, the poker clubs, the snooker clubs, the whatever-you-like-clubs. i don't think there needs to be "war" but a peaceful coexistence is the most meaningfull, since it would allow us all to also dedicate our time to our hobbies (club-activities).
so, your question without questionmark is "what's this club crap all of a sudden" (?). my answer to your question is simply "i don't know". what i know and what i want is to share my experiences and opinions with other people that use the same product - in this case the nblade racquets made by wilson. the simple fact that we bought this racquet is already exclusionary, if i'm allowed to use your term, because it excludes the other racquets we have not bought for what reason ever. listening to some wonderful music by nusrat fateh ali khan might level you a little bit - give it a try and enjoy, as we enjoy our blades.

Orly_Yarly
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the great club, chowdhurynaveen! :D

I've been having some shoulder problems so I am not really playing much. These days I'm using my friend's Agassi limited edition. It's a nice racquet but the SW is a little too high and it doesnt suit my 1hbh well. I liked the nBlade a lot when I demo’d it although I wish it was a bit heavier. I'm more of a flat hitter and usually prefer denser string pattern. With the nBlade I could generate decent spin as well. I'm curious how arm/shoulder friendly it is (also interested in the Redondo but TW doesnt carry it anymore)

dacrymn
05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, Phil, you're not giving it much of a chance, are you? Keep an open mind.
Oh, and generally people make "clubs" because they tend to stay alive longer than if someone just decided to make a thread called, "lets talk about racket so and so."

I must say even though I don't have this racket, I'm interested in trying it. How's the spin capacity on this? Especially on serve?
________
silver surfer vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

circusmouse
05-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I like Phil's statement about exclusivity, considering that this is a completely informal club that anyone can "join" simply by posting in this thread. There have already been two people who've joined without owning blades.

To answer your question, dacrymn, the spin potential is solid, though not comparable to open pattern racquets. I found it very easy to hit kick serves wide on the ad side with the blade. The ball doesn't kick as high as with some racquets, but the response is very reliable. I'd rather hit a lot of good serves than hit some great serves.

dacrymn
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Hmmm.... Thanks circusmouse. All I'm asking, though, is that is there sufficient spin to bring the ball down into the court for good serve percentage? How much do you have to conciously "put spin on the ball?" I know this is highly subjective, but i'm just kinda checking it out right now. Thanks.
________
no2 vaporizer (http://no2vaporizers.com)

circusmouse
05-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I had no trouble hitting flat first serves or spin serves in. I didn't have to focus on spin any more than normal. Second serves were also fine. Like I said, the ball may not bounce quite as high, but this racquet produces plenty of spin as long as you accelerate through contact. You really do have to have a fast swing to use this racquet properly, IMO, which makes it perfect for those of us who have naturally fast strokes. What I noticed most when serving with this racquet was that it was easy to aim, due to the tight string pattern I suspect. It's definitely worth a demo.

fgs
05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
the spin potential is solid - that is a good way to describe it. it's solid on groundstrokes and it is solid on the serve too, but, as 'circusmouse' already correctly stated, you need to have the proper technique, in this case fast swings, to get reliable and satisfying results. this racquet is not a spin monster. you also have to take into account that is has a rather high swingweight already in stock form, so that you need to really be able to swing it fast in order to get the spin.

dacrymn
05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Okay. Fair enough. I think my swingspeed should be able to handle it. It should be, after all, relatively similar (weight/swingweight wise) to the flexpoint radical MP, which I've tried.
________
silver surfer review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

fgs
05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
dacrymn,
yes, the flexpoint radical is somewhat similar, although, if my memory does serve me right, the swingweight ex stock is slightly lower on the head frame than the blade. the blade has a lower stiffness and for people who like that feel, like myself, this would be the reason to go with the blade.

orly_yarly
i usually play multis but i tried also poly, admittedly at low tension, and i still got no troubles regarding arm/shoulder. due to the rather high swingweight, i also don't expect any attempts to "overpower/muscle" shots which is rather common with lighter frames. i wouldn't call the nblade a light frame (in my understanding the light ones are around some 250-270g), but it definitely is among the lighter ones.

dacrymn
05-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Okay. This sounds all right and good, but the question is, how easy is it play with this racket? I'm not saying as in "unpro-ness," but as in ease to win. A good example would be the pure drive, or any babolats for that matter. I hate the feel, but it just seems so EASY to play with, and it feels like it would be sooo much easier to win a match with one than with my RDS 001 MP. I just swing through, and place it where I want. If i'm forced, I can get it back. It just seems so competition/win friendly. Where does the nBlade fall on that?
________
Honda HSC history (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_HSC)

fgs
05-08-2007, 03:06 PM
dacrymn,
it is to be expected that the vast majority of posters in this thread will find the blade easy to play with.:D
yes, i find it easy to play because i feel it fits my gamestyle and what i expect a racquet to do. i play competitions and i win a fair share of my matches in the +40. but since the blades are low powered racquets, they will not be so easy to hit with than the babolats (the pure storm i did not play, so when i say babolats i refer to the aero pro drive and the pure drive / pure drive roddick). the babs are high powered racquets, very stiff and with open stringpatterns - in spite of the fact that i play lots of topspin, i just couldn't get a proper control of the ball, but yes, they are "easy" to hit with. i was joking with the shop-owner telling him that you just have to show the racquet to the incoming ball and it would already fly back to the other side of the court.

dacrymn
05-08-2007, 03:34 PM
I know this is pushing it, but is there any chance you could compare this racket to the Fischer M-Speed pro. no.1 or the RDS 001? I do this because I feel that those two are relatively the same, while the nBlade is something of it's own. with the two I've mentioned, you have to take a swing at it, or it'll land short. You have to swing viciously through. However, with the wilson, when you want to, you can take a drive at it, but at other times, you can just let the swingweight do *most of* it's work. Is this correct?
Thank you so much for your help by the way.
________
BMW K100 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_K100)

fgs
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
dacrymn,
fischer and yonex frames are not available for demos around here, so i'm sorry but i have no information/evaluation possibility. i agree that while the blade is low powered by itself, the swingweight can do some work "for you" and you still get a decently paced ball. i suppose that due to the low stiffness and the 18mains stringbed you can take a whickedly fast swing at the ball and still keep it in, but compared to the babolats the blade will still make you "work".

chowdhurynaveen
05-08-2007, 04:21 PM
chowdhurynaveen,
i started playing the blades in late october last year, after the tournament season finished, but i had made up my mind already during summer, when i was basically looking for a racquet for my wife.
i want to draw to your attention that the way i balance my racquets is really weird (if not sick!). i used to do this way back in my junior years with the donnay borg pros and previously allwoods - i always liked them slightly headheavy and noone was talking swingweight back than. i kept it this way even after i have switched to graphite racquets and one and a half years ago when i started out again, i just couldn't keep from getting back to it. so, the only difference is the static weight, which has constantly gone down from some 430g on the woodies way back then to currently 337g on the 106 blades. but the swingweight of my setup seems to be somewhere around the 410-420range, so i think it is reasonable to issue a warning.
i am quite a conservative guy and am not really tweaking around a lot. the only things i do try from time to time is strings, but if i tell you that i have played/tested "only" 8 different strings since september 05 and i get about 8-10 hrs. per set, you can get a picture of me calling myself conservative. i like soft multis and could not make friends with polys so far, and i don't think i'll try any more any time soon - i simply am satisfied with what i get from the nxt tour and like to concentrate on "regaining" my game - well, we all know that it will never happen since i too get older every day, but i still feel that there is some place for improvement.

Weird or not, its a very interesting concept. The reason why i am so interested is because the path that eventually brought me to the nblade involved me palying with a head heavy frame for the first time in my life. I was playing with a friend and my string broke, so he let me hit with his extra hyper hammer. I thought i would hate it since ive always played with heavier head light frames, this turned out to be a complete misjudgement. I loved how easy it was to play with, but i still missed the feel and control of my usual arsenal of racquets, so i set out to find the best of both worlds. This inquiry eventually lead me to a friend that suggested the nblade, and ive been hooked ever since. Now that i have the nblade, i want to add a little lead at 12 to bring the balance to even or maybe even a bit head heavy, dont know yet. I wont be doing right away as i am enjoying playing the nblade stock so much right now, but my curiosity will definitely get a hold of me sooner or later. :D

Thanks for the great club, chowdhurynaveen! :D

I've been having some shoulder problems so I am not really playing much. These days I'm using my friend's Agassi limited edition. It's a nice racquet but the SW is a little too high and it doesnt suit my 1hbh well. I liked the nBlade a lot when I demo’d it although I wish it was a bit heavier. I'm more of a flat hitter and usually prefer denser string pattern. With the nBlade I could generate decent spin as well. I'm curious how arm/shoulder friendly it is (also interested in the Redondo but TW doesnt carry it anymore)

No prob orly, im loving the info and discussions im getting out of this thread!! As for arm friendliness coupled with playability, this frame is at the top of my list. I used to be pretty well built and fit, but ever since I started my grad school, the width of my abdomen has been steadily increasing as the months go by. Plus i dont get to work out as much so i have lost a bit of muscle as well. This poses a problem for me because i love to serve hard and absolutely rip groundies as much as i can, but as many of the posters here may know, you need to be pretty fit for that or otherwise suffer a nasty case of a sore shoulder and tennis elbow. This is the first frame that allowed me to do everything i loved to do in my prime, but with no discomfort anywhere at all. Give it a try, but do what i did, first week take it easy, and second week, strip the ball of all its fuzz!!:D

I know this is pushing it, but is there any chance you could compare this racket to the Fischer M-Speed pro. no.1 or the RDS 001? I do this because I feel that those two are relatively the same, while the nBlade is something of it's own. with the two I've mentioned, you have to take a swing at it, or it'll land short. You have to swing viciously through. However, with the wilson, when you want to, you can take a drive at it, but at other times, you can just let the swingweight do *most of* it's work. Is this correct?
Thank you so much for your help by the way.

Hello there dacrymn!

This is a very easy frame play with, one of the easiest ive used especially in a tournament setting. But please dont misunderstand me, you still need to have solid strokes. If your mishitting alot, then you will definitely not be able to realize its full potential, but compared to the rds 001 mp, this frame is tons easier to use and win with. I didnt like the rds as much because it felt kind of boardy and for a moderately demanding racquet, the payout in terms of power and control werent that great. As for the mspeed, i know what you mean about the vicious swinging you have to do in order to get any oomph out of it. This is not the case with the nblade, all my shots are very easily deep/heavy/penetrating, but when i need to pull out a spinny crosscourt dont even pass the service line shot, this frames gives me no problems at all! With that being said, this isnt a babolat PD, you still gotta bring your own power, just not as much as other player frames. Give it a try. :)

fgs
05-08-2007, 04:43 PM
chowdhurynaveen,
i play the 106 blades and didn't like the lead at 12 o'clock. on my old psc 6.1 95s i had/have the lead at 12 o'clock and it's ok. the n6.1 95s i played prior to the blades i had the lead at 10 and 2 o'clock. the blades felt best for me at 11 and 1 o'clock. at 12 o'clock i felt that i made it unstable/twisty on offcentershots (above/below the axis), something that went away when i moved the lead to 11 and 1 o'clock. at 9/3 and 10/2 i felt like i wasn't getting the right amount of spin. but these things go for my technique and the 106 frame, so there could be completely different results for other players and their technique.

dacrymn
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah. Definitely. It's at the top of my demo list. It actually is. I didn't expect this to be it. First I wanted to try the k90, but then I thought why bother, I'm not going to use it anyway. If I demo it'll be along with the Fischer. This is probably the most likely candidate, with all the talk about awesome control and minimal power. And don't worry, i *think* i have good technique.
Basically, what i'm talking about swing speed is that because of the headlightedness of the Fischer, you have to swing through. There is no mass to accompany the momentum. Therefore, you have to swing fast every time to get spin. But, if you're off, that speed will probably cause a frame or cause the ball to fly out. But, if you're feeling a little more conservative, you can take a slower stroke and still cut it. Right?
________
how to roll joints (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

circusmouse
05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Okay. This sounds all right and good, but the question is, how easy is it play with this racket? I'm not saying as in "unpro-ness," but as in ease to win. A good example would be the pure drive, or any babolats for that matter. I hate the feel, but it just seems so EASY to play with, and it feels like it would be sooo much easier to win a match with one than with my RDS 001 MP. I just swing through, and place it where I want. If i'm forced, I can get it back. It just seems so competition/win friendly. Where does the nBlade fall on that?

Personally, I don't like hitting with the pure drive. Way too powerful for my taste, and I don't think it would help me win matches. I have a naturally fast swing, and I have trouble keeping the ball in the court with the pure drive. To play a match with it, I would have to concentrate on slowing my swing, which I think would impair my play. If you feel that the RDS001 is difficult to use in matches, you probably won't like the blade, which is less powerful and a little more demanding than the rds001.

You asked in another post about comparisons between the rds001 and the blade, which you can find here:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=103280&highlight=nblade+rds001

There was another blade vs rds001 thread that I posted in, but I can't seem to find it. Anyhow, I tried them side-by-side and preferred the blade for my style of play. I like to play an aggressive baseline game and move my opponents around with deep shots from side to side until I get a short ball to put away. The blade is perfect for that style. The rds001 has more power and spin. It's very good for counter-punching. The rds is easier to volley with but not quite as solid on serve. I don't think either racquet is a clear winner. It just depends on your style. From what I hear, it sounds like you want more power than the rds001, and it also sounds like you want a lot of spin. If so, the blade may not be for you.

dacrymn
05-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Personally, I don't like hitting with the pure drive. Way too powerful for my taste, and I don't think it would help me win matches. I have a naturally fast swing, and I have trouble keeping the ball in the court with the pure drive. To play a match with it, I would have to concentrate on slowing my swing, which I think would impair my play. If you feel that the RDS001 is difficult to use in matches, you probably won't like the blade, which is less powerful and a little more demanding than the rds001.

You asked in another post about comparisons between the rds001 and the blade, which you can find here:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=103280&highlight=nblade+rds001

There was another blade vs rds001 thread that I posted in, but I can't seem to find it. Anyhow, I tried them side-by-side and preferred the blade for my style of play. I like to play an aggressive baseline game and move my opponents around with deep shots from side to side until I get a short ball to put away. The blade is perfect for that style. The rds001 has more power and spin. It's very good for counter-punching. The rds is easier to volley with but not quite as solid on serve. I don't think either racquet is a clear winner. It just depends on your style. From what I hear, it sounds like you want more power than the rds001, and it also sounds like you want a lot of spin. If so, the blade may not be for you.

Well, from what you said from your style, my style is EXACTLY the same as yours. PRECISELY. And no, I definitely don't want more power than the 001. I just want control. I'm the type to go for angles. I realize that it doesn't give alot of spin, so I guess there's always a tradeoff. I think I'm willing to make that trade. And since the balance is near even, it would be easier to hit a smoother swing. About the competitive play part, i'll have to demo to see that. In other words, I can drive through smoothly instead of having to "whip" it up through the ball. That's what I'm saying.
________
Ferrari 195 S specifications (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_195_S)

circusmouse
05-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, from what you said from your style, my style is EXACTLY the same as yours. PRECISELY. And no, I definitely don't want more power than the 001. I just want control. I'm the type to go for angles. I realize that it doesn't give alot of spin, so I guess there's always a tradeoff. I think I'm willing to make that trade. And since the balance is near even, it would be easier to hit a smoother swing. About the competitive play part, i'll have to demo to see that. In other words, I can drive through smoothly instead of having to "whip" it up through the ball. That's what I'm saying.

Sorry if I misunderstood you earlier. I'd say the blade is good for driving through the ball with the windshield-wiper style of forehand. With the blade, I found I had to start my swings a fraction earlier to compenstate for the high swingweight, but I found I got great depth, power, and spin if I hit the ball out in front with a windshield-wiper style groundshot. That's the thing with the blade: it's not an intrinsically powerful or spin-friendly racquet until you swing early and accelerate through contact (accelerating through contact is basically what the windshield-wiper motion is all about). When you do those things, though, you can hit some heavy shots that zip through the court and elicit short replies. Racquets with more open string patterns produce spin more easily, but that can also make the balls sit up a bit and not move through the court as quickly. That's why I say the blade is perfect for aggressive baseliners.

dacrymn
05-08-2007, 06:05 PM
oh. Sorry If I sounded a little offended in my last post. I was not offended, so don't worry. So, you're basically saying that with sufficient racket head speed and follow trhough you can achieve good power, spin, as well as keep excellent placement? Well then that sound perfect for me (or anybody like me). I'm highly looking forward to demoing it. I'll be able to the 26th of this month, or memorial day weekend. If I don't forget, I'll have to fill you in on what I think. Thanks for all your help.
________
buy grinders (http://www.vaporshop.com/grinders)

Alafter
05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Hmmm maybe it's just my irregularity but

nblade OS max tension with forten sweet 17 = good

nblade OS max tension with Pacific Force 17 = bad

jjl
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Sign me up for the club:

-lead - no
-headsize - 98
-overgrip and replaced grips - none, love the stock grip
-strings - Wilson Reaction 16, 56lbs., red W stencil
-dampeners - none - the racket doesn't need them
-playing style - 70/30 baseline/net

Just a great, no-nonsense, sweet-feeling racket. Soft yet not too head light. It's good knowing you've found the right equipment.

circusmouse
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Ok, so I just hit with the blade again (3rd time total) and I still love it. Today I tried it against the k6.1 ( 16x18 ) and the Dunlop AG200. They're all good racquets. The k6.1 is very powerful and the AG200 is very maneuverable, but the blade was my clear favorite. The typical complaint about the blade is netplay, but I volleyed very well with it. Dacrymn, I look forward to hearing about your demo experience. I'll keep my eye out for your review.

chowdhurynaveen
05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
jjl - Welcome!! Ill put you up on the list right away! :)

For everyone else, i HAVE to share this with you. Its a little off topic, but i guess it has something to do with the nblade. My friend, who uses an nblade, had this little treat on his racquet...http://otzsports.com .

What do you think? ;)

Alafter
05-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Ultra band rubber designed to stop vibrations and prevent elbow? Mmm-MMM color me there!

jbr
05-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Boy, step out for a day or two and look happens!!

Sign me up as a prime exclusionary NATO jet slurping N blade lover! I tried raquet after raquet, every flexy headed liquedmetaled O ported Woofered Cortexed Catapulted and Intellifibered thing out there and though, really, they are all good raquets, nothing feels or plays like a Blade!!

I've got 106s and a 98, both strung with NXT 17 at 58. Yes, it's true fgs, I backslid (is that a word?) and refused to make a decision by having both. I play a little better, esp when tired, with the OS but boy, does the 98 serve better. Volley fine with both, a little better with the OS as it is a litttle more HL and probably is the better overall raquet for doubles but sitting at the baseline punding balls deep into the corners nothing beats that heavy swinging 98!!

Just goes to show, with these two raquets you can have your cake and eat it too.

One thing I find with the Blades. They have a reputatuion for being low powered and when I started with them I almost gave up. I consioiusly tried to hit harder and had less than stellar result. The usual butchers list of shanks, mishits and balls in the bay (a reference to homeruns in (out of) Candlestick park on the edge of San Franciso bay). I found the key was to prepare earlier, take the ball more in front and swing long but not harder and all the pace and depth one could ever want is right there for the asking, with all the control (maybe even [K]ontrol one day) you could ask for.

Incidentaly, I find them great as stock and am afraid if I get to tinkering with customization it will be a never ending fixation trying to get things "just right".

knasty131
05-09-2007, 06:36 AM
jjl - Welcome!! Ill put you up on the list right away! :)

For everyone else, i HAVE to share this with you. Its a little off topic, but i guess it has something to do with the nblade. My friend, who uses an nblade, had this little treat on his racquet...http://otzsports.com .

What do you think? ;)

wow...thats a high tech rubber band...lol

jjl
05-09-2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks.

forgot to mention, my one-handed backhand noticeably improved right off the bat after i switched to the nblade...my normal playing partner noticed right away...he was like "what the hell happened to your backhand all of a sudden??". It's the maneuverability and light weight of the frame that is helping out.. Also, the racket is fine on volleys...you hit a good volley, you get good results.

knasty131
05-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Ok, so I just hit with the blade again (3rd time total) and I still love it. Today I tried it against the k6.1 ( 16x18 ) and the Dunlop AG200. They're all good racquets. The k6.1 is very powerful and the AG200 is very maneuverable, but the blade was my clear favorite. The typical complaint about the blade is netplay, but I volleyed very well with it. Dacrymn, I look forward to hearing about your demo experience. I'll keep my eye out for your review.

In order for this racket to reward you on volleys you really need to have sound footwork and catch that ball in front of you...

chowdhurynaveen
05-09-2007, 10:46 AM

Sign me up as a prime exclusionary NATO jet slurping N blade lover! I tried raquet after raquet, every flexy headed liquedmetaled O ported Woofered Cortexed Catapulted and Intellifibered thing out there and though, really, they are all good raquets, nothing feels or plays like a Blade!!

I've got 106s and a 98, both strung with NXT 17 at 58. Yes, it's true fgs, I backslid (is that a word?) and refused to make a decision by having both. I play a little better, esp when tired, with the OS but boy, does the 98 serve better. Volley fine with both, a little better with the OS as it is a litttle more HL and probably is the better overall raquet for doubles but sitting at the baseline punding balls deep into the corners nothing beats that heavy swinging 98!!

Just goes to show, with these two raquets you can have your cake and eat it too.

One thing I find with the Blades. They have a reputatuion for being low powered and when I started with them I almost gave up. I consioiusly tried to hit harder and had less than stellar result. The usual butchers list of shanks, mishits and balls in the bay (a reference to homeruns in (out of) Candlestick park on the edge of San Franciso bay). I found the key was to prepare earlier, take the ball more in front and swing long but not harder and all the pace and depth one could ever want is right there for the asking, with all the control (maybe even [K]ontrol one day) you could ask for.

Incidentaly, I find them great as stock and am afraid if I get to tinkering with customization it will be a never ending fixation trying to get things "just right".

Welcome jbr!! I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to tinker with lead. I went to go play this morning, and just before, i applied some lead at 11 and 1. Just as i began to play, i chickened out and removed it all, I just love the way this racquet plays stock. With other racquets, ive always said, this is a great racquet, but it would be even better with some lead on it right here, not so with the nblade! Welcome again jbr!!

Thanks.

forgot to mention, my one-handed backhand noticeably improved right off the bat after i switched to the nblade...my normal playing partner noticed right away...he was like "what the hell happened to your backhand all of a sudden??". It's the maneuverability and light weight of the frame that is helping out.. Also, the racket is fine on volleys...you hit a good volley, you get good results.

My hitting partner commented on the same thing! My weak side has always been my backhand. I can place it well, but it would lack good pace and if my opponent could get to it, i would often be put on the offensive:-( . With the nblade, i can now rip winners off both sides, and even more importantly, i can do it with confidense. Welcome again!

In order for this racket to reward you on volleys you really need to have sound footwork and catch that ball in front of you...

I have volleyed better with other racquets, but the nblade made me realize that i have just been lazy all along. Now i have firmed up alot, put some intention into my shot, and like you said, watched my footwork and caught the ball out front. This has resulted in me becoming a much more sound and confident vollyer. I love this racquet!:D

chowdhurynaveen
05-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Welcome jbr!! I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to tinker with lead. I went to go play this morning, and just before, i applied some lead at 11 and 1. Just as i began to play, i chickened out and removed it all, I just love the way this racquet plays stock. With other racquets, ive always said, this is a great racquet, but it would be even better with some lead on it right here, not so with the nblade! Welcome again jbr!!

Thanks.

My hitting partner commented on the same thing! My weak side has always been my backhand. I can place it well, but it would lack good pace and if my opponent could get to it, i would often be put on the offensive:-( . With the nblade, i can now rip winners off both sides, and even more importantly, i can do it with confidense. Welcome again!

I have volleyed better with other racquets, but the nblade made me realize that i have just been lazy all along. Now i have firmed up alot, put some intention into my shot, and like you said, watched my footwork and caught the ball out front. This has resulted in me becoming a much more sound and confident vollyer. I love this racquet!:D

chowdhurynaveen
05-09-2007, 10:57 AM

Interesting, i always wondered how the ag200 played, i used to play with the mfill 200, it was one of the first racquets that made me realize that a close to even head light balance isnt to bad (as opposed to 12 or 10 pts head light). Have you played with the mfil200 and is it really and upgrade if you have? Thanks!

Ultra band rubber designed to stop vibrations and prevent elbow? Mmm-MMM color me there!

The funny thing is, is that tennis wearhouse australia said that it was the number one best shock absorber for 2007. Damn advertising got me curious, im gonna borrow my friends on thursday and see how it plays.

circusmouse
05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Interesting, i always wondered how the ag200 played, i used to play with the mfill 200, it was one of the first racquets that made me realize that a close to even head light balance isnt to bad (as opposed to 12 or 10 pts head light). Have you played with the mfil200 and is it really and upgrade if you have? Thanks!

I haven't played the mfil200. I didn't even get to play the ag200 much yesterday (short hitting session). I found it a solid stick, especially at net, but it was definitely inferior to the blade for my 1hbh, perhaps due to the lower swingweight. I think it would be a good racquet for ripping forehands, but I'm not sure how heavy those forehands would be. Without a damper it makes a terrible pinging sound. I'll play with all three racquets again on Friday and post my findings.

I agree with the posted comments about volleying with the blade. I found it unusually good for putting away easy volleys, perhaps because I knew I had to be firm and use good footwork. I think with some other racquets I can be lazy on put-away volleys and sometimes net them. Drop volleys with the blade are especially easy due to the flex. Overheads were great with the blade and gave me a nice "thud" sound and feeling. Very rewarding.

ChiefAce
05-10-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm using the 98sq.in. with a 3/8 grip.

jbr
05-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Probably not the right place for this forum but I know the NBlade crowd will be helpfull - I am in deperate need for a name for my 10 year old son's Jr Team Tennis team. Thought about Heat, Hammers, Smokin Aces.

Anyway, started of the morning match with the 98, fell behind, switched to the 106, and pulled out the win. Go figure.

fgs
05-10-2007, 10:56 AM
should be the "one-o-sixers" then.:D

jbr
05-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh, well said!!

chowdhurynaveen
05-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Welome Chieface!! That sounds like a very appealing setup!! What style of player are you? Just trying to see if your setup would complement my style of play. Thanks and welcome again!

Jbr- how bout the slammers, as in the grandslammers. Also my old tennis team were the bobcats, but we were called by the fans...the grinders. :)

jbr
05-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Chow(is that OK?), but the slammers got nabbed early. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon8.gif
Angry
The grinders is a great thought, makes one think about the work ethic we are trying to instill.

Is there anyone out there adding weight to the frame of their 98's to make them more headlight? Will going to a leather grip do that, ie does leather weigh significantly more than other grips?

jbr
05-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Boy I goofed up trying to put that angry face in the middle of the message, sorry.

knasty131
05-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks, Chow(is that OK?), but the slammers got nabbed early. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon8.gif
Angry
The grinders is a great thought, makes one think about the work ethic we are trying to instill.

Is there anyone out there adding weight to the frame of their 98's to make them more headlight? Will going to a leather grip do that, ie does leather weigh significantly more than other grips?

I wrapped 2 layers of lead tape around my handle right above the butt cap and added a leather grip to make it more headlight, but may add just a little bit in the head soon.

dacrymn
05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh... the grinders. We're called "the Peoples". Come to think of it, that's a pretty lame nickname for my team isn't it?
________
Newark Assembly (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Newark_Assembly)

Alafter
05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
I've got my blade's set up like so.

6 grams of lead from the 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock position of the head, and 4 more grams total at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. I replaced the original grip with a Wilson leather and have a tourna grip on top of it. The Wilson leather grip added about 5 extra grams of weight to the frame.

Head size: 98sq.in

Weight: 336 grams/11.9 ounces strung

Swingweight: 357

Grip size: 4 3/8

Grip type: Wilson leather

Overgrip: Tournagrip original

String: Hurricane tour 16g

Tension 56lbs

The frame plays incredibly well with tons of spin.

LOL Chieface, I love your handle name. Especially when i deliberately pronounce it a certain way.

Alafter
05-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Just writing in:

I just had another fantastic day on the court with the Nblade OS. Currently, it's strung with Zons Co-Poly 17 gauge at 56 lbs. I played with superb touch--could really feel the weight of the ball on the strings and the power level of the stringbed.

I usually change racquet from day to day, but I think now I am really going to stick to the Blade OS for the next few months while I am undergoing training. I'll get my POG OS out after that to mess around.

Time to change Sig.

nhstennis
05-13-2007, 08:57 AM
does the NBLADE swing easier with lots of lead in the handle, i am thinking of doing this. Anyone tried??

Alafter
05-13-2007, 10:02 AM
does the NBLADE swing easier with lots of lead in the handle, i am thinking of doing this. Anyone tried??

You're adding more mass, and you are hoping it will be easier to swing around?

Grapto
05-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Hope it is not too late to join. I have been hitting nBlade MP for slightly over a year. Though nBlade is not my primary racquet now (my primary now is APD) I sometimes hit with it. It is a little low powered to me so when I use it it is going to be just for one set which is sort of an 'all-in' set.

nBlade looks apparently a racquet designed to be customized. I can't tell if it is good or bad. I use Wilson leather grip and tourna overgrip with some lead just above the handle to give more weight in the middle since I feel it has virtually no weight between the head and the handle. I use hybrid of hurricane 16 main and Xcel 17 cross at mid 50lbs.
Especially, I like the feeling, touch, and the PJ of nBlade. I'd say it is often very sticky and I like that feeling. People would think 'sticky' as loss in control but because of its dense pattern I always have good control over the direction and depth unless I am forced to manage to return the ball.
I am an extreme topspin player with 1hbh. I am still trying to improve my backhand but because of so many 'frame' shots or off-sweetspot shots, I had wrist pain after using nBlade and that was the main reason of switching to APD. For me, APD is more forgiving than nBlade. I still have some minor wrist problem with APD but I'd fix my form instead of switching to another equipment.

Anyway, I think it's a good timing for me to go back to its factory setting and figure out how it works and think about re-configuring it.

One last comment is that I see so many nBlade users showing sort of strong 'camaraderie' when they see others using nBlade. Do you agree? Is it because nBlade being not so popular or not being sort of 'main-stream' racquet?

Another Phil from Atlanta

chowdhurynaveen
05-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Welcome phil!! I will add you to the list of supporters right away!

To try and answer you last question, I know the reason why some of my friends enjoy and talk about this racquet so much is because none of them expected to really like it. Most of them played with mid frames and have hit with MP frames but never really liked them. But when they accidentallly tried this one, they fell in love imediately! I guess its the one that took us by surprise, anyway, thanks for the support!! :)

fgs
05-14-2007, 04:12 AM
grapto,
first of all wellcome to this thread.
i was a little amazed that you got wristpain from the blade but no wristpain from the apd. the apd is a very stiff racquet, so basically it should more stressing on the joints than a flexy racquet like the blade. on a second thought i realized why this is so, specially with your 1hbh - due to the higher swingweight of the blade, you most probably hit a little bit late on the bh, which does indeed put a lot of stress to the wrist. i do think that it's just a timing problem, but if you get along well with the apd, than just stick to it and have fun.:D

Grapto
05-14-2007, 12:06 PM
fgs,

Thanks for the explanation. that's exactly what my coach keeps telling me. I tend to hit the ball too late. I am trying to improve it though.
For the wrist pain, I still have some minor problems with apd too. My coach also suggests that I relax more when hitting and grab the handle not too tightly. Being a supporter now, I can't wait removing the lead and beginning to use nBlade again!

fgs
05-14-2007, 12:10 PM
grapto,
listen to your coach! the apd is a little lighter to swing than the blade, so it is very possible that due to this fact you hit a little bit earlier = less jarring with the apd than you hit with the blade. there is no racquet in the world that allows for hitting late and still retain control of the shot, therefore whatever racquet you play, just try to hit it in front of your body. have fun.:D

keyBlade
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi all senior nBlade club members,

Thanks for starting this club and I have bought a nBlade solely based on information about the racket as where I come from DEMO is not an option. I have had a decent game but my previous tweener racket Prince TT Bandit has giving me elbow problem while I could play pretty well at the local club level with it.

I have played with the nBlade 2 times so far and I am still adjusting to this low powered frame but I am more than happy with absolutely no sign of elbow problem.

So this frame is like what you guys said an arm saver but is pretty demanding for someone upgrading from a tweener racket.

Nevertheless I am very happy with the selection so far and I find that while my shot is less powerful and less consistent, they are far more accurate and beautiful when I manage to get it right. It is a great platform for me to improve my skill.

Once again thanks guys for the very informative and loyal club!:D

fgs
05-15-2007, 10:26 AM
keyblade,
wellcome to the club. yes, the blade is a demanding stick in the sense that being very low powered, you have to kick the ball seriously to get it over the net. this should in time develop your full swing and in the end make your shots more controlled. it will take a little time to tune in to this low powered and rather high swingweight racquet, but i think it is worth the while, because it is also one of the most comfortable racquets out there, a fact which you have already experienced.
have fun with your blades.:D

drhopz
05-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I learned how to play tennis correct w/ the Nblade and the help of fgs. Nblade is a demanding racket, but i was patient with it.

nhstennis
05-15-2007, 03:39 PM
You're adding more mass, and you are hoping it will be easier to swing around?
I figured by adding more weight in the grip it could be more HL, therefore a bit more maneuverable.............

keyBlade
05-15-2007, 06:18 PM
keyblade,
wellcome to the club. yes, the blade is a demanding stick in the sense that being very low powered, you have to kick the ball seriously to get it over the net. this should in time develop your full swing and in the end make your shots more controlled. it will take a little time to tune in to this low powered and rather high swingweight racquet, but i think it is worth the while, because it is also one of the most comfortable racquets out there, a fact which you have already experienced.
have fun with your blades.:D

Thank you fgs, you are ever so forthcoming and showing lots of hospitality towards fellow tennis player. Really hope to have a chance to meet you in person.

I am using the MP version and I will have a club tournament coming up next week so I am thinking about adding some lead to 3 and 9 o'clock to temporary get it closer to my previous racket setup and resume the learning process later. I was able to hit forehand winners from baseline pretty easily using the Prince TT Bandit MP, my first serve was more powerful and second more spinny. I am kind of worry that I might like the head heavy setup that I abandon the learning process to become a better tennis player.

In your experience do you feel more strain to your arm with the additional lead to the hoop?

Is the 106 version much more powerful than the MP?

Alafter
05-15-2007, 08:13 PM
I figured by adding more weight in the grip it could be more HL, therefore a bit more maneuverable.............

It'll just alter the balance. On the over all, it'll be heavier to swing around. You might like a new balance better, but it wont be more maneuverable. HL =/= more maneuverable; it depends.

nhstennis
05-15-2007, 08:34 PM
I wrapped 2 layers of lead tape around my handle right above the butt cap and added a leather grip to make it more headlight, but may add just a little bit in the head soon.

I want to know how this works out!!!
If it becomes more maneuverable?!!:-o

fgs
05-15-2007, 08:37 PM
keyblade,
the balance you like on a racquet has not very much to do with the learning process. i am a rather advanced player and i like slightly headheavy too, so it is not a problem of balance but rather of technique. some techniques require a headlight set up (windshieldwiper in most cases, moya is an exception), other get along well with more balanced setups. you should play with what you are comfortable with.
a lower powered racquet makes you take a fuller swing, and yes, that is an improvement, because you will learn to add pace to your strokes and most of all to vary pace. a very powerfull racquet will rather have you either push or take a very short swing, because otherwise you would hit the fence.
any additional weight, specially at the top of the racquet, will put more strain on the arm. the question is how your body reacts to this. i am o.k. with my extreme setup, but if other players at my level would have to play with it, they'd need some two days to recover from a twosetter. just go with little steps, don't add too much weight.
the 106 is just a little bit more powerful than the 98. it is also a little bit more forgiving than the 98 due to the larger stringbed. if you string it a little bit tighter, you'd get about the same amount of control out of it, and maybe a tiny little bit more spin.

chowdhurynaveen
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Welcome keyblade!! Ill add you right away!

Just an unpdate, i just figured out that i like a smaller grip better. I played a little bit in the rain yesterday (dumb but fun move on my part) and now i have to replace my grips because they got completely drenched. I had a packet of head comfortac replacement grip lying around so i threw that on there (one of the thinnest grips i have ever played with) and went out to play with no overgrip. I loved it!! More control, easier to swing, natural spin, and it actually felt more comfortable for me. I love discovering these small little things with this frame! :D

The Ripper
05-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Congratulations on the new club! I have demoed and owned the nBlade 98 off and on over the last couple years. It was one of those rackets that felt immediately comfortable the first time I picked it up. I formerly played all the Wilson Pro Staff frames (85, Tour 90, nCode 90, now K90) but have always had a soft spot for the nBlade. It does have great control and a wonderful feel. Of course I had to have the "Federer" racket and it is a wonderful racket; however, I still think about the nBlade as a more practical option. The K90 definitely requires very good technique, with little room for error! The mid+ nBlade is much more forgiving yet with great directional feel and placement. Good biomechanics should give it all the power one would need - I'll probably end up getting another one just to have in the collection. IMHO its definitely a racket worthy of it's own club! Djokovic seems to be doing pretty well with it!

:mrgreen:

keyBlade
05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
fgs, thanks for your reply, very informative as usual. I strung mine at 55lbs using NXT and the string move quite alot compare to my Bandit + Crossfire. Do you think nBlade with the crossfire will work?

I use semi western FH and can hit pacey and deep FH with a relatively short swing using Bandit but it has caused me no end of tennis elbow problem till I finally gave up on it. Initially I thought it is the technique I used that caused the problem (I still think it could be the case, at least partially) but since the nBlade can mitigate the elbow problem I have no qualms on learning to use it.

In fact I found that playing with the nBlade has help curing the elbow pain as I couldn't wait till my elbow is totally pain free before trying out the nBlade.

One aspect of my game that improved immediately following the switch is my overhead as I could get more racket head speed with the slightly HL nBlade.

P_D
05-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Does Djokovic use a MP or an OS?

fgs
05-16-2007, 02:48 AM
keyblade,
i'm sorry, i don't know the crossfire strings. i use multis like the nxt basically for two reasons - first to prevent any elbow problems, thank god i haven't had any and i'd like to keep it that way, and second, to get some power into this low powered but very touchy frame. i have tried a good poly at one time, but i didn't like it at all after some two hours of play. personally i don't mind the strings moving, so this really is an issue i don't care about at all. i fix them between the points.

p_d,
djokovic uses a mp.

keyBlade
05-16-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks fgs.

Looks like now we are going to have 2 top 10 tour players using the nBlade, congratulations to Ana Ivanovic for winning German open.

Any one have an idea how the pros setup their nBlade? Not that I could play with the same setup but just curious.

dacrymn
05-16-2007, 05:19 AM
fgs, thanks for your reply, very informative as usual. I strung mine at 55lbs using NXT and the string move quite alot compare to my Bandit + Crossfire. Do you think nBlade with the crossfire will work?

Crossfire? As in Ashaway Crossfire? Sorry, but I haven't tried that. I have, however, used their standard Kevlar 17. If the string's technically the same, then it should be fine. I'm not sure if Kevlar is a power string, but I think it's not. With it's stiffness, it should exhibit the effects of a tighter string setup. If you're fine with that, i think it feels the best out of most kevlars i've used.
________
Ford Ikon specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Ikon)

fgs
05-16-2007, 06:13 AM
keyblade,
you're wellcome. regarding pro players setups, just try to look up in the pro player gear section - i think you will find there at least a thread about djokovic's racquet.

jbr
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Just off from lunch, watching Nadal struggle with a qualifier, another Spaniard, who is using a Blade. Always good to see another pro coming on board!

jbr
05-16-2007, 10:52 AM
whoops, Nadal's running away with the second set, I'm sure it's not the Blade's fault, though.

dacrymn
05-16-2007, 03:59 PM
I just noticed that we have a shortage of pictures of the nBlade around here, don't we? I tried to find some pictures, but they were hard to come by.
________
buy aromed vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/aromed-vaporizer.html)

keyBlade
05-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Crossfire? As in Ashaway Crossfire? Sorry, but I haven't tried that. I have, however, used their standard Kevlar 17. If the string's technically the same, then it should be fine. I'm not sure if Kevlar is a power string, but I think it's not. With it's stiffness, it should exhibit the effects of a tighter string setup. If you're fine with that, i think it feels the best out of most kevlars i've used.

It was thin kevlar mains and synthetic crosses. Pretty durable but less responsive compared to NXT. I guess I got it wrong at too high a tension (60lbs) + a Stiff racket + less than accomplished stroke = TE.

Anyway my current nBlade setup is extremely comfortable but I am still getting use to the lower power thus faster/fuller swing requirement. Kept wondering I should get back to a certain aspect of the previous racket setup so as to get my game ready quickily for a club tournament next week.

Nothing too serious about these tournaments but the fun element will be much lesser and there is a risk of being downgraded should I fail to perform at least adequately.

Alafter
05-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Fellow Nbladers:

If you havent read Radical Tourist's review for the OS version, do have a read. The guy is a blast:

"Return of the Player's Oversize? Once upon a time, herds of player's oversize frames darkened the prairies like buffalo. OK, that's over the top. Once upon a time, player oversize frames were common. They were the 'tweeners of their day. The top sticks included the Prince Original Graphite (POG) and Michael Chang Graphite, Head Radical Tour and the Wilson 6.1 OS. Deserving more credit than they received were the Prince Equipe OS and Gamma's Tradition 20 OS and 9.0 OS. Then they disappeared. The prevailing assumption seemed to be if you're strong enough to swing low-powered timber, you're good enough to nail the sweetspot of a 95-inch head. Only the POG survives. Head reinvents the Radical every year. Nothing being more constant than change and the market being overrun with midplus 'tweeners, perhaps the player oversize is about to rise again. That's just fine by me, having played with the 6.1 OS before switching to the 1998 Radical OS for the past six years until my serve became too vulnerable last year. Wilson reenters the player oversize market this spring with the nBlade OS. On paper, the specs look great, a control oversize for the new century. But this is the same company that gave us racquets with wheels. Perhaps next year they will mate the old and new technologies and introduce the RollerBlade. And, entering the year with a product of the same design philosophy that gave us Pimp My Ride is the Head Flexpoint Radical. Chock full o' holes, liquids, and intelligence, about all that's missing is a faux leopard skin bumper guard. "

I love this guy.

fgs
05-17-2007, 01:49 AM
keyblade,
we all have different stroke techniques and hence preferences. just an indication - not a recommendation: i string my 106 blades with nxt tour 16 at 51 mains/49 crosses. for a lot of people this is way too low, but i get enough topspin out of this setup. i would rather suggest you give it a try in the 55-57 region, that would also compensate a little bit on the power level in the sense of enhancing it.

keyBlade
05-17-2007, 02:05 AM
fgs, I have strung mine at 55 on NXT which seems to produce more power the more I play with it. It is just that I went from ultra stiff combination to very flex now so probably caused bigger adjustment. May I know what is the benefit of stringing the crosses at a lower tension? I always wonder about this.

fgs
05-17-2007, 04:05 AM
keyblade,
55 lbs is, or should be o.k. the reason why you feel you get more power the more you play is because the nxt settles in = loses tension. the nxt will lose about 12-15% (that's what i feel, could be scientifically wrong) of the initial tension and then stay quite the same for the rest of it's time. for me that means about 10hrs, then it breaks, so i don't really know any "mid to long term" behaviour of the string.
since i play competition i always do (and did for almost 30 years) a "trick". that is, when i get a freshly strung racquet, i put it on the floor, preferably carpet, and step a few times (gently) on the stringbed with one foot. really stepping onto it, on and off, like walking. i probably do some 7-10 such steps, than the string has lost those 12-15% and when a string breaks during practice or a match, i have the next one starting right there where the other one stopped, since thye'd be about the same tension.

stringing crosses lower is a matter of preference. basically the distances are shorter than on the mains, but then you have more friction because of the weaving. so, you'd have about the same (real) tension on the crosses if you's string them probably at the same dial indication as the mains or even 1-2 lbs higher. this would give you a crispier stringbed. i like a softer stringbed, so i go some 2 lbs lower and probably have a 5lbs lower real tension if i were to measure the crosses by themselves. so, it is a matter of preference. if the difference is too high on either side, you will get quite some deformation into the head, and that affects the playing behaviour of the racquet, not only the characteristics of the stringbed. my setup does provide a minimal deformation in the sense of making the headshape a little bit wider, something less than 1mm, so i assume that is o.k. and i haven't had any issues with frames cracking in the stringing machine ever.

keyBlade
05-17-2007, 08:49 AM
fgs,

I am really grateful for the information you have willingly shared here, I never knew much about the gear I was using until I stumbled onto this board and great guys like you. Thanks.

I just came back from a game session happier than ever as out of a sudden I've gotten back all the power and winners I used to enjoyed so much in the past plus accuracy level I never experienced. I've managed to served a couple of aces consecutively against one of the top guy in the club, something beyond my imagination when I first tried out this racket. It just has so much power and accuracy when I struck it cleanly, unbelievable feeling. I now enjoy the game more than ever. All this minus any sort of pain! I haven't even lead up the hoop as I planned to and now I would just keep it stock for a while.

BTW, I took out the dampener and may be a conicidence with the string finally beded in, the feeling is better than the fisrt 2 times when I used it with the dampener. I used the dampener to get rid of the 'ping' sound when the racket was freshly strung but now that sound is gone anyway. Must be the tension thing, huh?

knasty131
05-17-2007, 08:58 AM
I want to know how this works out!!!
If it becomes more maneuverable?!!:-o

Well the swingweight stays the same if im not mistaken, but I feel that this has made my timing better on the ball...I just got off shoulder surgery (labral tear) and hit yesterday with it and it seemed I could produce really good shots with it...I did this customization to both my rackets so it's hard to do a side-by-side comparison but I was thinking of adding just a little lead at 10&2 to put some more on my serve...FYI I string mine with cyberflash 17g at 57 in the mains and Gosen OG 17g at 59 in the crosses...

While this racket offers pretty good spin for an 18x20 string patter (the flex helps on that), I would still like a little more spin. I have a set of Klip K-Boom 18g that I am going to hybrid with Gosen OG Micro 17g. I will let everyone know how this goes when it happens.

I will not be able to comment on the serve though because my doctor said I shouldnt be hitting any overhead shots/serves.

knasty131
05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
i never use dampeners keyblade...my personal feeling is that they tack AWAY feel...thats just me though (and some others im sure)...but in comparison, a lot of pros dont use dampeners either...they must know something lol

keyBlade
05-17-2007, 09:08 AM
the best pro that uses a nBlade apparently use a dampener though :o but I agree with you knasty131, it seems to have a better feel without one.

knasty131
05-17-2007, 09:13 AM
to each his own!!! thats all i have to say about a subjective matter on "feel" or performance...and obviously djokovic "feels" that his "nBlade" hits better with a dampener...

look at this though...his nblade does not have the white ncode bubble-like logo on his grommets...http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74127236.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B18D6B6E960467F261CAB36886ED2F7 so i'm lead to believe it is a custom one, similar to his old racket...didn't he use head before???

so is he really the best pro with an "nBlade"? lol just a side note...regardless I love the racket...

-Kevin

keyBlade
05-17-2007, 09:22 AM
okay probably a modified nblade then, I read somewhere the string hole is custom drill for him to make it less of an adjustment from his old Head radical. At least it is not a PJ :o

knasty131
05-17-2007, 09:30 AM
well if its not the exact nBlade...its a painjob, its different from the stock version...although I could not spot any other differences than the grommets...but along with the grommets would be a different string spacing as you noted...

fgs
05-17-2007, 11:17 AM
keyblade,
the reason why i joined this board is to share my limited knowledge and exchange impressions. my knowledge is limited, because i do not playtest constantly racquets and strings and set-ups and i only have acces to wilson, head and babolat racquets, but on the other hand i'm some 38 years with the sport and have been introduced to "tweaking" by some really good pros when i was about 13, so that makes almost 30 years of "tweaking" history.:D

congrats on your jolly good show - yes, it might be the strings settling in and it also is for sure the fact that you are getting yourself tuned in on this racquet with a rather high swingweight. don't lead it up, just give it some more time and yourself too. if you still feel after some 15 hitting sessions that there is something missing, than you could give a little lead a thought.
i personally play with the n-trap dampener, and i really need it, but simply because i play plain leather grips. these do not absorb any vibration, so the dampener is wellcome, even if the effect is only in respect to stringbed vibrations and not frame vibrations. due to the fact that the blade is a low stiffness racquet and had a medium high mass, the frequency range and amplitude of the vibrations of the frame is rather "sweet" and thus "bearable" without the need of cushioned grips and overgrips to me. i "understand" those that playtested this racquet and complained that it felt dead - i suspect that there was some overkill going on with ultracushioned overgrips, besides eventually inappropriate stringing, etc.

akwila
05-18-2007, 06:54 AM
I suscribe!

keyBlade
05-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi fgs, can't have enough of your good and sincere advises. 38 years of playing experience sure comes in handy.

I was away from the 'net' for a few days and has just managed to won my first double match at the club, more due to the excellence form of my partner rather than my good play. I kind of drifting between some old habit and lack of confidence the whole way.

I happened to try playing with the true grip without any overgrip as I found I like the true grip feel better after I stripped off the overgrip intended to change it to a new one for the match. The problem is it becomes so slippery before the end of 1 set I have to put on an overgrip in the middle of the match.

How do you manage to play with leather alone?

Alafter
05-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Can someone suggest a string that is not poly and dont move? I wanna try something else in my Nblade, but i hate string movements.

PS I am now dedicated to my NBlade for the next 2 months. Will not ***** around with the racquets i currently have.

keyBlade
05-22-2007, 12:31 AM
I could only say don't try nxt then, it moves like crazy, I eventually given up adjusting the crosses. :) What about a hybrid? like the ashaway crossfire?

Alafter
05-22-2007, 01:31 AM
I could only say don't try nxt then, it moves like crazy, I eventually given up adjusting the crosses. :) What about a hybrid? like the ashaway crossfire?

How's tension holding on those NXT?

keyBlade
05-22-2007, 01:39 AM
I got my NXT 17 strung at 55lbs, so far after 5 hours of play it hung on pretty okay, it is probably too low tension for guaging the tension loss. I heard the NXT 17 doesn't hold up too well after some hard playing though. You might want to try the 16.

chowdhurynaveen
05-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Can someone suggest a string that is not poly and dont move? I wanna try something else in my Nblade, but i hate string movements.

PS I am now dedicated to my NBlade for the next 2 months. Will not ***** around with the racquets i currently have.

Try NXT OS ( 1.28 mm ), my favorite wilson string! It does not move, and its comfortable at the same time. But be sure to string it two or three pounds lower as it barely loses any tension.

Good Luck!! :)

fgs
05-22-2007, 02:18 AM
keyblade,
i probably don't sweat so much in the palm of my hand. i have to towel my hands quite often though when it's warmer.

alafter,
try some hybrid, that could be preventing string movement. the nxt basically loses quite a lot of tension initially (approx. 15% according to my estimation/feel) and then settles in and quite keeps it for the rest of the time until it breaks.

Pusher
05-22-2007, 03:21 AM
Good morning Nblade club members.

Just wanted you to know that Wilson sent me a brand new Nblade as a replacement for an Nblade that had a few paint cracks. They sent me the replacement in about 10 days with no questions asked. Wilson gets a bad rap on these boards sometimes but I need to give them credit for good customer service. Or course I did mention I was a club member so maybe that helped :)

knasty131
05-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I got my NXT 17 strung at 55lbs, so far after 5 hours of play it hung on pretty okay, it is probably too low tension for guaging the tension loss. I heard the NXT 17 doesn't hold up too well after some hard playing though. You might want to try the 16.

I found NXT to play very well at 58 in this racket

circusmouse
05-22-2007, 09:11 AM
OK, so I bought my blade last Friday, which makes me an official club member now. I intend to post a full review thread after I have a few more weeks of hitting with it. For now, though, I would like to advise Dacrymn not to buy the blade without demoing first. He said something about possibly just buying it if I do because we have similar playing styles. Regardless of style, the blade is unique and may not fit every player. I like it a lot, but even so it's taking some serious adjustment. Dacrymn, I recall that you were also considering the RDS001, which is a fine racquet. I would also recommend trying the Dunlop AG200 and the Head Microgel Radical (not the Radical Pro, though, which I thought was a slightly less powerful PureDrive).

nhstennis
05-22-2007, 10:44 AM
anyone tried lowering the SW???

dacrymn
05-22-2007, 01:44 PM
OK, so I bought my blade last Friday, which makes me an official club member now. I intend to post a full review thread after I have a few more weeks of hitting with it. For now, though, I would like to advise Dacrymn not to buy the blade without demoing first. He said something about possibly just buying it if I do because we have similar playing styles. Regardless of style, the blade is unique and may not fit every player. I like it a lot, but even so it's taking some serious adjustment. Dacrymn, I recall that you were also considering the RDS001, which is a fine racquet. I would also recommend trying the Dunlop AG200 and the Head Microgel Radical (not the Radical Pro, though, which I thought was a slightly less powerful PureDrive).

OK, thanks for the heads up Circusmouse. However, I'm really excited for this weekend, when I get to go somewhere to demo the nBlade and the K 6.1 Team for the weekend. I'll get to play a pretty decent guy (maybe a tiny bit inconsistent), so the results should be pretty accurate. I can't wait. Unfortunately i'll have to be super-focused on the racket because that's probably the last time in a couple months I'll be able to go back. So I'll probably have made my decision by next week. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.
________
List of Chrysler engines (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Chrysler_engines)

Terrence Kuo
05-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey,

been having trouble getting the right tension for my nblade.
I like to hit heavy topspin and arc my shots over the net with great pace ( nadal cough cough) i feel like if you string the nblade right you can hit with this kind of style.

I only use Multi's.

I don't want to swing as hard as i can every time so i hate high tension on this racket.

Using something like sensation,
what would you recommend me string it on as a full?
I tried 55 and even that was too tight 0.0!!!!!!!!!!!!

would 50 be fine for this racket?

I am almost 16 in highschool

5'11 150 pounds,got quite a bit of power,
i don't work out for tennis but hate hitting flat leveled shots because i find them very hard to keep consistent unlike the pros who practice that like 5 hours a day.

I am proud of my NBLADE AND WILL NOTTTTTTTTT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE.

NOT EVEN FOR MY NUTS

But anyhoe please help me out with this, i am so tired of stringing.

sniff sniff

circusmouse
05-22-2007, 09:52 PM
been having trouble getting the right tension for my nblade.
I like to hit heavy topspin and arc my shots over the net with great pace ( nadal cough cough) i feel like if you string the nblade right you can hit with this kind of style.

You really did choose the wrong racquet for your playing style. You can produce those types of shots with the blade, but you have to swing fast to do it. If you're so dedicated to the blade, maybe you should adjust your game to suit it. You could develop more of a placement game.

nhstennis
05-22-2007, 09:53 PM
ANYBODY tried cyberflash on the blade yet?
I am planning on hybriding it w/ Liberty X's
is 57 good for good pocketing, somepower on defense, and serves??

knasty131
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM
cyberflash 57/synth 59 perfect...

fgs
05-23-2007, 12:57 AM
terrence kuo, circusmouse,
as funny as it seems, terrence kuo seems to have a similar gamestyle with mine - aggressive baseliner hitting lots of topspin off both sides, 2hbh. i play the 106 blades though and get my topspin all right with 51lbs mains and 49lbs crosses. due to the specific characteristics of the blade, even at such low tensions and soft multis (i usually play the nxt tour 16, currently also sensation 16), you need to have a fast swing otherwise you'll end up hitting quite flat.
so, if you have the 98 blade you could give it a try at 50lbs mains. if you like a softer stringbed, than string the crosses at about the same tension. if you like a little bit a more crispier stringbed, you can go some 3-4 lbs higher on the crosses.
terrence, the downturn on this whole matter is that my strings don't last more than 10hrs. with stringsavers, so you'll most probably end up stringing quite a lot anyhow.

Terrence Kuo
05-23-2007, 05:03 AM
Yea your right i have long hours of stringing movements coming my way.

And yes you can play with my kind of style with any racket but the thing is you have to get your tension right. the N blade is so unique. When i string it on 50, the tension feels the same as my freinds N Code 95 on 57!
Thats a 7 pound difference and makes all the difference in my game.
I just don't like hitting leveled with the net all the time, when i get a good approach shot i will, but from behind the baseline...... ill let you do the math on how many winners you'll can hit from back there.

Sensation is a great string to play with,
for competition i would use X-1 Biphase.

To experiment with tension like right now im using the sensation lol.

Thanks for the help though,

I also heard that a denser string pattern is harder to generate spin BUT when more SPIN POTENTIAL. SO, knowing that i hit amazing with k gut pro 17g on 50 tension before, i know for a fact that this racket is for me and that i would trade it in for my nuts.

D.E.V.O.T.I.O.N NBLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

DNA
05-23-2007, 06:22 AM
I wanna join the nblade club. I've been playing with this racket for about 2 months now, and i love everything about this racket.

megaforcetkd
05-23-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm def. in. nBlade user for a while now.

drummerboy
05-23-2007, 07:14 AM
Benn using this stick for 2 weeks now and must say that it feels awesome. I was always playing with heavier sticks like POG Mid and Wilson 6.1 but lately found out that I am lacking the racquet head speed. I am a recreational player so lighter racquet was an option. So I tried NBlade and was impressed. If my footwork is right on the day I can't miss a ball with that racquet. Also my shoulder is better now and I like the fact that I can still hit the heavy ball with the lighter racquet. I am also very impressed with the slices. So I think I came close to my Holy Grail with that stick.

meow02
05-23-2007, 07:58 AM
I switched from Prince Thunder that I have used for almost 7 years to the nblade 106 for about 4-5 months. It take me quite a long time to adjust my stroke from a tweener to a player frame. I think this is good frame. Slice is really impressive and the most important it just help me to made my stroke better and better. The only problem I have now with nblade is a bit lack of power. I used Alu original rough on mains with 55 and TNT2 with 57 on cross.
Should I lower the tension more to increase power?

SuperPhong
05-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Sign me up I got my nblade two weeks ago put a on a damper and it's good to, I love it and hope to spend some quality time on the court with it in years to come!

chowdhurynaveen
05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow, we just got a huge wave of supporters all the sudden. It seems like the nblade is really taking of!! Welcome akwila, Terrence Kuo, DNA, megaforcetkd, drummerboy, meow02, superphong!!:)

Terrence Kuo
05-23-2007, 04:20 PM
ty man

I AM A PROUD MEMBER

NOW ANSWER MY FREAK IN QUESTION.

keyBlade
05-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi, just completed my club tournament (team event) with a nBlade for the first time. Won all three double matches played but unfortunately twisted my wrist during the second match while I went for a odd angle overhead, won the point but paid the price with a painful wrist after than. Could finish the match without much problem but man it was really painful the following day, I even have problem just lifting the racket. Not wanting to fail my partner I decided to go on with the final match. During the warm-up I figured there is no way I could hit normally though luckily 1hbh doesn't hurt much only forehand top-spin drive and serve and taking big passing shot at the net. Instead of risking further injury I decided to just play a 'control' game trying not to assert to much power on those area I mentioned. Much to my surprise the control of the racket really shine as I could place the ball to such acute angle that our opponent (okay all 4 of us wasn't really of that high level, I'd guess 3.5 to 4.0) couldn't just pounds on it. There was a few times I could take a hard baseline overhead smash by my opponent at the net and the racket just guided the ball back deep without much vibration, it was nice feeling. Sorry for the long post but I just felt I have gained so much from the generous help given by this 'club' members I would just like to account for the first part of the journey I have taken with the nBlade.

There is a long way to go for me both in terms of honing my skill and adapting to the nBlade, which I pretty much looking forward to.

Terrence Kuo
05-23-2007, 09:16 PM
YIPEE!!!! :D :D :D

After weeks of trail and error i have found the perfect tension for my Nblade 98.

Before using the blade, i was playing with the head fxp radical tour.

Why did i switch?

Being only 15 the 12 ounce racket was a tad bit weighty for the. The distribution of the weight of the racket made it seem even more heavy.

The Nblade seems to be the perfect weight for me. Light racket with a heavier swingweight. I found that the Ntour is also a pretty nasty racket but didn't like the weight because it was too light. With my weight all covered i sought to get the right string type. I tried NXT, K Gut, VS Touch, Pro Hurricane, Synthetic Gut, Sensation, and found that multi's work best for this racket. Poly strings give this racket pop which is one of the things that i hate that poppy feeling. I like how the nblade deadens some of your shots which gives you more control in the power that you can physically generate yourself. I decided to use Technifiber X-1 Biphase for competition and sensation for training.

I tried 57 the first time thinking that it was the same tension i put on my FXP Point. Boy did i make a huge mistake. I couldn't generate much topspin and felt like i wanted to change rackets. stringing at 55 gave me a little access to spin, but not enough to the point where i can hear the strings CLICK when hitting heavy topspin groundstrokes. Going fown to 53 was barely any different. Now, i decided to put 50 on sensation. I know it sounds like a low tension but i can't describe to you how much spin i can hit now. It feels like the 57 on my flexpoint but its 50 on my blade...

In conclusion, the best results i found was hitting insane topspin shots with lower tension on this racket. The pattern is dense, so it does make sense to string it on a lower tension.

Tired as hell...
i think im going to go to sleep.

I hope this might have help my nblade friends.

STAY AWAY FROM POLY!!!!!:sad:

Alafter
05-23-2007, 09:56 PM
YIPEE!!!! :D :D :D

After weeks of trail and error i have found the perfect tension for my Nblade 98.

Before using the blade, i was playing with the head fxp radical tour.

Why did i switch?

Being only 15 the 12 ounce racket was a tad bit weighty for the. The distribution of the weight of the racket made it seem even more heavy.

The Nblade seems to be the perfect weight for me. Light racket with a heavier swingweight. I found that the Ntour is also a pretty nasty racket but didn't like the weight because it was too light. With my weight all covered i sought to get the right string type. I tried NXT, K Gut, VS Touch, Pro Hurricane, Synthetic Gut, Sensation, and found that multi's work best for this racket. Poly strings give this racket pop which is one of the things that i hate that poppy feeling. I like how the nblade deadens some of your shots which gives you more control in the power that you can physically generate yourself. I decided to use Technifiber X-1 Biphase for competition and sensation for training.

I tried 57 the first time thinking that it was the same tension i put on my FXP Point. Boy did i make a huge mistake. I couldn't generate much topspin and felt like i wanted to change rackets. stringing at 55 gave me a little access to spin, but not enough to the point where i can hear the strings CLICK when hitting heavy topspin groundstrokes. Going fown to 53 was barely any different. Now, i decided to put 50 on sensation. I know it sounds like a low tension but i can't describe to you how much spin i can hit now. It feels like the 57 on my flexpoint but its 50 on my blade...

In conclusion, the best results i found was hitting insane topspin shots with lower tension on this racket. The pattern is dense, so it does make sense to string it on a lower tension.

Tired as hell...
i think im going to go to sleep.

I hope this might have help my nblade friends.

STAY AWAY FROM POLY!!!!!:sad:

Keep playing with it and let me know if it's just a good day at tennis or is this really true.

jbr
05-24-2007, 04:51 AM
I have seen more and more advanced juniors showing up at clinics playing the Blade 98. Also, several of the smaller colleges around are pushing it. Here is the question - It seems like there is an age dichotomy and the 106ers are all over 40. Anybody else notice this?

Terrence Kuo
05-24-2007, 04:54 AM
Maybe, i honestly don't need the extra power and i find midplus more accurate on cross court heavy topspins.

fgs
05-24-2007, 11:19 AM
yes, i'm over 40 and i play the 106 blade. the difference between these two is incredibly small - yes, you get a little bit more power and a little bit less control - but this is true in my opinion if you string them identical. i have strung the 106s 2lbs higher than 98 and i feel that they play identical, the only difference being that on slight offcenter shots the 106 is a little bit more forgiving than the 98. since i don't move as fast as i once did, i found the larger headsize more beneficial for my game currently.

Terrence Kuo
05-24-2007, 06:06 PM
I played my last match of the season and as i suspected the tension i used 50, did me wonders once again. I have a full western forehand and have been able to generate sooo much spin with this racket. I used sensation and found that it generated quite a good amount of spin. Had twist serve aces as a second serve lmao!

GOing to play again with it on Saturday.

I currently have 3 Nblades i think i want to get just one more.

THE BABOLAT AERO DRIVE CORTEX LOOKS TOO TEMPTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dacrymn
05-24-2007, 06:09 PM
well Terrence, they're kind of different. You can try them if you want. But if you end up liking them, you could always sell the your nBlades. This IS the nblade club afterall.
________
vapir no2 (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/no2/)

knasty131
05-24-2007, 06:15 PM
well Terrence, they're kind of different. You can try them if you want. But if you end up liking them, you could always sell the your nBlades. This IS the nblade club afterall.

ill take one lol

Alafter
05-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm 29 and I use nBlade os

knasty131
05-24-2007, 06:59 PM
20..nblade MP

Alafter
05-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Hey Knasty, why dont you go ask Micheal-I-am-a-Ho how to make your nblade more flexy? He'd probably tell you to string it at lower tension or use softer grip.

knasty131
05-24-2007, 07:11 PM
REALLY?!?! he can tell me how to do that??!?!?!?! OMG he should tell federer how to beat canas...he should share his endless tennis knowledge with everyone and charge millions of dollars!!!

lol good one...gave me my laugh for the night

squints
05-25-2007, 12:18 AM
i liked the nblade 98 very much. but i've cracked 2 of them at the throat while serving or hitting with them. I also know others who have had the same problem. But excellent racquet! I chalk it up to poor craftsmanship on Wilson's part.

Pusher
05-25-2007, 04:30 AM
i liked the nblade 98 very much. but i've cracked 2 of them at the throat while serving or hitting with them. I also know others who have had the same problem. But excellent racquet! I chalk it up to poor craftsmanship on Wilson's part.

Same here but Wilson has made good on a replacement. If you hit hard with this even balanced frame with its flexibility then problems will occur. I think its just physics-not craftsmanship.

knasty131
05-25-2007, 07:23 AM
this has never happened to me and I play a power tennis game

Terrence Kuo
05-25-2007, 04:36 PM
The most amusing thing i found during my last match of the season for highschool was a mistake i made when stringing lol. Everything was fine, 50 all around. But i guess i wasn't paying attention and strung one string by the sweet spot when it was a little caught near the crank. Two strings were now comipletely loose and in between them was a tension 60 on the crosses. LOL even with a screw up string job i still manage to get 4 aces and beat the other guy 6-1 6-0. I personally think that heavy topspin= consistency. And with my western grip i sure am pummeling everyone i play.

What tension does everyone at this club use?

Which brings up a good question,

SHould i stay with barricade 4s or switch to the nike max air cage 4th generation?

They both come wiuth a 6 month outsole warranty so.....

Anyway i don't think im switching to the AeroDrive Cortex untill it comes out for demo and i magically like it more than the best rackets i have ever played with.

<3 NBLADE!:D

Terrence Kuo
05-26-2007, 02:19 PM
EWWW

after todays match,
i am switching to a semi western grip,

couldn't get any low balls at all
!!!!

But as for as tension goes, i experimented one more time with poly and put it on 50, bad feel so im going NXT/SENSATION/X-1 BIPHASE for my tournaments.

Peace

fgs
05-26-2007, 02:34 PM
terrence kuo,
semiwestern and western are no good for low balls. try to adjust grip depending on height og impact = low ones with eastern and higher ones with semiwestern.
i don't like the feeling of poly either, specially in a low powered and very flexy frame as the blades.

Terrence Kuo
05-26-2007, 06:11 PM
True,

BUT the nike air max 4th generation shoes are so much better than the barricade IV's lol

Alafter
05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Nblade OS is low powered?

fgs
05-27-2007, 06:22 AM
alafter,
depending on what you compare it with. take the n1 and it is very low powered, take the npro open and it is quite low powered, look at babolat pure drive or aero pro and you still have a 106 frame that is a lot lower in power than the two babs.

keyBlade
05-28-2007, 07:51 AM
alafter,
depending on what you compare it with. take the n1 and it is very low powered, take the npro open and it is quite low powered, look at babolat pure drive or aero pro and you still have a 106 frame that is a lot lower in power than the two babs.

Totally agree with fgs, power level from a racket is really a relative thing.

From my experience migrating from a tweener (Prince Bandit MP), I initially was seriously befudled by the lack of power of the nBlade in comparison to the former. Now after taking the advice from the board members and adjusted my stroke, I can hardly tell the difference in power level from the Bandit if I don't compare them next to each other. I find that I could rip FH winners with much higher control and consistency, the feeling is so nice I don't think I want to go back to a tweener even without my elbow giving me fits.

In fact many of time I found that I have expended lesser amount of energy to produce a similar powered shot I could manage with the Bandit it is unbelievable.

For advance player like Alafter, fgs I believed they could produce more power with a player racket as compared to a tweener if taking into consideration of maintaining the same amount of control.

keyBlade
05-28-2007, 07:57 AM
alafter,

From my experience migrating from a tweener (Prince Bandit MP), I initially was seriously befudled by the lack of power of the nBlade in comparison to the former. Now after taking the advice from the board members and adjusted my stroke, I can hardly tell the difference in power level from the Bandit if I don't compare them next to each other. I find that I could rip FH winners with much higher control and consistency, the feeling is so nice I don't think I want to go back to a tweener even without my elbow giving me fits.

In fact many of time I found that I have expended lesser amount of energy to produce a similar powered shot I could manage with the Bandit it is unbelievable.

For advance player like Alafter, fgs I believed they could produce more power with a player racket as compared to a tweener if taking into consideration of maintaining the same amount of control.

lisaburton
05-28-2007, 06:48 PM
If so, give me some feedback... I am swithing from a 27 inch 110 to a 106 27.4 inch racket with a heavier swingweight...

thanks, Ken

Omisoshiru
05-28-2007, 07:25 PM
I am totally an nBlade supporter! I love the comfort and feel, it's soo fun to play with. Mine is a 98 with yonex super grap overgrip (black). I use the sampras O's, count me in as an nBlade supporter :D

Alafter
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM

No no my friend, I am NOT advance. I am FAR FAR from advance. I usually love proving people wrong, but this is one instance I really hate to correct others. I am a rather new player to the game. In fact, the reason I asked is that I have another frame--the shark OS. For some reason, with the same stroke, I dont find much difference between the power of N blade and the power of the SHark OS. Shark OS is listed as powerful. So then I question if N Blade is really that low powered!

lisaburton
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Why is it so difficult to find a used 106.. I looked on **** and elsewhere and everybody is selling/trading the 98
Surely somebody tried a 106 and didn't like it

Ken

Alafter
05-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Why is it so difficult to find a used 106.. I looked on **** and elsewhere and everybody is selling/trading the 98
Surely somebody tried a 106 and didn't like it

Ken

Hehe I was going to say, just buy one, and add it to your collection. It's not a bad stick, really! Mayeb you wont like it as much as others, but at least you know you can take it out from time to time out of boredom and with full confidence that it's a performer.

Terrence Kuo
05-29-2007, 05:47 AM
Does anyone recommend me put Full luxilon rough as string job on 50 tension? ( 50 is what i play with multi). THe flexibility of the nblade deadens up the ball ALOT and it ****es me off when i trying to hit a deep forehand shot with alot of spin cause it goes into the net and im like, WTF i just hit that the hardest i could. This is on 50 tension NXT lol, so to get more POP feeling, should i try Luxilon on 50 tension?

Thanks

what strings does everyone use here?

anantak2k
05-29-2007, 06:38 AM
I have been trying the demo for about 2 weeks now. 4 3/8 grip size with an overgrip strung with luxilon big banger alu power main and something softer on the cross (im not sure what it is but i think its the nxt). This racket feel AMAZING. I am loving the racket. I can totally swing out on my returns and paint the lines. I find it really easy to aim at the lines with this racket. Best of all, I thought it played really well at the net. My voleys arent that greatespecually my BH volleys but with this racket all of a sudden my volleys had so much extra pop in them. I am switching to this racket from the Dunlop m-fil 300. I'll be getting 2 of these frames this week. :)

chowdhurynaveen
05-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Welcome jbr, omisoshiru, squints, lisaburton, and anantak2k!!:D Pleasure to have you guys here! What frames are you guys coming from?

As for me, i have been play testing the k90 and nblade side by side for a while now, and will soon post my findings. But just a tidbit for now, im very surprised at how similar the two play regardless of the vast difference in specs between the two frames! But dont worry, the nblade is still my favorite! :D

jbr
05-30-2007, 06:04 AM
My 106's are in for restringing. I play frequently and there for restring regularly, use NXT tour 17 at 58 lbs, assuming that will drop to 56 after a little hitting. I notice most of you string lighter, in some case much lighter. Why, and what am I giving up by stringing at 58?

fgs
05-30-2007, 07:15 AM
jbr,
it is a matter of personal preference. you are not giving up on anything. of course most will say that you string lower you have a little bit more power, than because you have a little bit more stringbeddeflection you will have less control, the ball will leave the racquet at a steeper angle, etc, etc. so, try it out and if you don't like it you don't like it, so you are not giving out on anything.
stiffer racquets are more powerful, so theoretically i'm giving up on power. i can't handle stiff racquets, so because they are no alternative i'm not giving out on anything. same goes with string tension. i love my blades with soft multis at low tensions (51/49), others love their blades with poly in the 60s.

Terrence Kuo
06-02-2007, 01:44 PM
as sad as it is to say

i am switching to the NTour Two = (

It just works soo much better for me

I AM SOOO SORRRY!!!!!!!!!!

dacrymn
06-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Hm.....expect to be ridiculed about being so fickle and not realizing the potential of the best racket in the world
no just kidding.

but you should really consider selling now.
________
buy digital scale (http://www.vaporshop.com/scales)

Terrence Kuo
06-02-2007, 03:20 PM
i mean i am trading them for wilson ntour twos lol

Omisoshiru
06-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome jbr, omisoshiru, squints, lisaburton, and anantak2k!!:D Pleasure to have you guys here! What frames are you guys coming from?

As for me, i have been play testing the k90 and nblade side by side for a while now, and will soon post my findings. But just a tidbit for now, im very surprised at how similar the two play regardless of the vast difference in specs between the two frames! But dont worry, the nblade is still my favorite! :D

I think i went from head liquidmetal genesis to the nBlade, im still not sure if the yonex is my favorite or if my nBlade is my favorite :confused:

josef
06-20-2007, 09:44 PM
i think i am about to join. i demo'd the 98 about a year ago.. loved Everything about it except my volleys.. i hit flat and with the nBlade it was effortless.. but I bought a PK Redondo b/c it was cheaper:( And while the Redondo is a great stick.. i can't stop thinking I missed out on the nBlade. Now I feel like i MUST get one before they get discontinued..;) haha.. i can't wait

chowdhurynaveen
06-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Hello there josef!

Welcome to the club!! Im the same kind of player as you, I love hitting flat, and there are arent many racquets out there that particularly suit that kind of game. The Nblade definently fits the bill. The only racquets i have even touched in the last 2 months are the nbalde, and the aerogel 200 (another great racquet for flat hitters). Anyways, id love to hear your comparison and thoughts of the nblade, redondo, and the ps when you get a chance!

Welcome again!!:D

josef
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Hello there josef!

Welcome to the club!! Im the same kind of player as you, I love hitting flat, and there are arent many racquets out there that particularly suit that kind of game. The Nblade definently fits the bill. The only racquets i have even touched in the last 2 months are the nbalde, and the aerogel 200 (another great racquet for flat hitters). Anyways, id love to hear your comparison and thoughts of the nblade, redondo, and the ps when you get a chance!

Welcome again!!:D

Will do chowdhurynaveen.. thanks for the welcome.. I will definitely be doing a big comparo review of the three racquets once I get my hands on an nBlade.. should be soon.. veeery sooon.. ;)

Yonex.
06-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I really think that racquet sucks man. Get a wilson k90.

josef
06-22-2007, 05:40 AM

haha.. nice. sorry to hear that. have u even tried an nBlade.. just curious. it works for some.. but to each his own.

chowdhurynaveen
06-22-2007, 10:20 AM

I have tried the k90, extensively. The nblade (with some weight added to it) is just an easier to use version of the k90. It does everything just as well. Also, You guys should really give the aerogel 200 18x20 a try to, its more demanding, but its a super solid hit.

Alafter
06-22-2007, 09:48 PM
as sad as it is to say

i am switching to the NTour Two = (

It just works soo much better for me

I AM SOOO SORRRY!!!!!!!!!!

You are hereby banished from the land of Rohan.

Alafter
06-22-2007, 09:49 PM
And Terrance, go join my racquetholic anonymous.

Final_Match_Point
06-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Funny story, My friend got this racquet, and I was able to hit with it and it was very nice, but he lost his grip on a serve and the racquet snapped at the throat. Very, Very flexible'

Ooo, 400thpost

UW_Husky88
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
please add me to the club. I'm getting mine shipped in from my pro shop! I can't wait till it comes in!!!

Alafter
07-08-2007, 08:15 PM
To all,

After flirting with POGOS again and also buying a Diablo OS for my collection, it is still the Nblade. I guess it's home now. I don't know if i am happy or sad, but it is my tennis arm now. Other racquets just feels weird.

fgs
07-08-2007, 08:34 PM
i think that wilson should be obliged to write a warning on the blades, something like: use of this racquet over more than two weeks can be addictive and cause pleasure to your game.

KOtennis
07-08-2007, 11:58 PM
i m currently testing the nBlade 98.
i have been using the Asian K90 and n90.

i added lead tape to the throat and handle to make my nBlade 11.7 oz.
without lead tapes it would be WAY too light for me.

i find the nBlade very comfortable to use. with great control and more pop than the n90 and k90.

i m also surprised at how much spin it can generate.
BUT still lacking that extra KICK i can generate with the n90 and k90 on my second serves.

so far played around 7 solid sets, and doing well with it. especially in 4.5 doubles.

i think i will definitely keep one in my bag, maybe get a second one. will have to play more sets to see if i will do that.

fgs
07-09-2007, 01:52 AM
kotennis,
by adding lead to the throat and grip you changed the balance point and lost some swingweight (relative to static - i know that sw increased altogether, but you made it lighter in the head). add a little bit also at 3&9 o'clock or 10&2, that should bring in some more kick.

Alafter
07-09-2007, 02:30 AM
BUT still lacking that extra KICK on my seconds.

so far around 7 and doing well.

i think i will definitely keep one in my bag, maybe get a second one. will have more to see if i will do that.

You alcoholic.

BlackJesus
07-09-2007, 11:03 AM
On Wilson's site the nBlade is listed with an unstrung balance of 33,5 cm but in a pro shop in Italy it's listed with a balance of 32 cm unstrung. Are there two different versions?

DavidGarcia
07-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi guys,

I am new on this forum so hope you can give your opinions on these 2 rackets.

I am about to buy one of these but I would like to know whether or not they are quite similar or not.

I am more for a heavy racket so perhaps the head suits me better, what do you think? Please give me your arguments if you prefer one over the other.

Details about me:

Intermediate player, playing at the moment with a Wilson Hammer Pro (an old model - I think it is the Hammer Pro PH). I used to play with a Babolat Soft Drive but found too light and did not give me any power on my shots. I like giving the ball a lot of spin and I have a long swing, most of my friend tell me I do spin too much perhaps!

Thanks in advance for your help and advise, it is much appreciated!

David

fgs
07-09-2007, 11:53 AM
davidgarcia,
wellcome to this forum and wellcome to this thread. this thread is about the nblades made by wilson (98 and 106 headsize).
so, in order to help you, even if not nblade-related, you should be so kind to tell us about which two racquets you are talking about - you just said that you play a hammer and tried a babolat which was too light. so what are the two racquets you are considering.

DavidGarcia
07-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks for welcoming me.

I am talking about the nBlade 98 and the head extreme Pro.

I did demo the nBlade 106 this wkend and really liked it but was missing some weigh on it. Now i have in mind the nBlade 98 which is slightly heavier (perhaps could add some weight to it) and the head extreme Pro.

Any feedback about those 2 sticks? Should I demo them?

Is there big differents between the 98 vs the 106?

I enjoyed the pop of the 106, great feeling hitting with it.......would i get the feeling with the 98 plus some extra weight?

Any experience with the extreme pro?

fgs
07-09-2007, 12:18 PM
give the 98 a go too. the head is a completely different racquet since it is way stiffer than the blades. don't look in terms of weight, rather look to determine which is the optimal swingweight for you. the 98 will give a little less pop but a little more control than the 106. the head is closer to the babolats in terms of stiffness and playability.

KOtennis
07-10-2007, 12:34 AM
fgs,

i like my racquets headlight.
that's why i did not add lead tape to the 3 & 9 position.

fgs
07-10-2007, 03:22 AM
kotennis,
that's o.k. - liking the racquets headlight. maybe you should look into the string setup - either a softer string or a little less tension to provide for the kick you are missing. or even thinner gauge.
the n90 and k90 are also stiffer frames, so that they "kick" more, besides the 16mains pattern. i just got back from an extensive demo with the k90 and it really is awesome - i'm going to stick with my 106blades (i just wanted to make my own opinion regarding this stick).

dacrymn
07-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Okay, officially add me in. I just got my nBlade MP in today. Yay.

What tension would you recommend if i'm using a full job of soft synthetic gut (gosen og-sheep)? What about a kevlar/synth hybrid?
________
vaporite solo (http://www.vaporshop.com/solo-vaporizer.html)

The Ripper
07-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Have been playing with the K90 for 2 months. Was having trouble making the weight and subsequent inertia of the K90 work for me against pallid pushers and spacey spinners. Took the K90, nBlade 98 and Prestige FXP Midplus to my lesson and hit with all three. Coach liked the nBlade best - great racket head speed, powerful serves with good bite and spin which he said would get better with more time on the racket. The nBlade is definitely much quicker to maneuver and I can certainly whack the *()&^&^* out of the ball, especially on grounds stroke and short swinging volleys, plus great control and placement. Soooo, working this week to get up to speed on the Blade to be ready for matches next week.

I liked the feel of the nBlade 98 the first time I picked it up about a year ago (when they first came out). Its interesting how rackets "change" as my technique and footwork improves. ;)

Viva el nBlade!!

NogaroS4
07-12-2007, 08:56 PM
After going on a racquet buying binge for the last 2+ months. I received a nblade from a user on the forums today. Went out to hit around and play a set. I won the set off my cousin who was leading 3-1 to start with me losing 2 breaks. Man I am so happy :D I havent taken any sets from him all year.

ayuan
07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
hey u can go ahead and add me! i have 2 nblades on the way so i would def love to be in the nblade club lol

nn
07-18-2007, 01:17 PM
count me IN..... converter from Yonex RDS 001 MID to nBlade. I still love RDS 001 MID but couldn't handle weight since I play 1-2 week (sometime once in 15 days) so nBlade was better since you don't worry about injury (arm friendly) due to lack of fitness or gym visit. You have to play more if you are using players racquet but family commitment stop me from doing that so nBlade was welcome change...

DavidGarcia
07-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Join me in.....at last and after making my mind up I have bought a nblade 98.

I demoed and like the 106 but finally bought the 98 without playing with it hope not to regret this move :-(

bertrevert
07-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Djokovic went from a Radical to nBlade? I know it's all paintjobs with pros but that an interesting transition.

I'm enjoying the old LM Rad MP, a 98 hoop with 18x20 - which is what the nBlade is too.

Has anyone made the transition from Rad to nBlade?

I'm a flat hitter and enjoyed Dunlop 300s and 200Gs in the past, and back now to the LM Rad. I have so some added lead so it is evenly balanced at 325g - and what I notice is that these are similar to the nBlads sepcs. Thanks for this thread it's very informative.

Matt21
07-18-2007, 09:48 PM
NBlade98: Great racquet overall. I think it produces the most spin of any 18x20 racquet I've ever used. Good serving and baselining racquet. The only thing I didn't like about it (which eventually caused me to sell mine) was that due to the lighter-than-I-like static weight, they required a bit more work at the net. Adding the lead at 3 and 9 o'clock fixed this problem, but then I liked the swing from the baseline and serving better with the stock setup.

All-in-all: Great serving and baselining racquet. Okay at volleys if you don't have to "work" for the volley. Not so great at pickup volleys and drop volleys or defensive volleys (these just feel better with a heavier weight racquet).

bertrevert
07-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Good I am continually worrying about spin production on the BH side. Obviously it's my technique, but I always look for a little help from my racquet as well.

I've always added lead to the butt to make the racq really HL.

Now I seem to want for a lighter racquet overall, not so HL, and really just more evenly balanced. I can still hiit a heavy ball but not get too tired therefore with this setup. At 325g (just over 11oz) I can swing away all day yet maintain control in 2+ hour matches.

This racquet seems to have disappeared into the avalanche of Wilson models. It's been out for a year and I haven't seen too many around though.

Matt21
07-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Good I am continually worrying about spin production on the BH side. Obviously it's my technique, but I always look for a little help from my racquet as well.

I've always added lead to the butt to make the racq really HL.

Now I seem to want for a lighter racquet overall, not so HL, and really just more evenly balanced. I can still hiit a heavy ball but not get too tired therefore with this setup. At 325g (just over 11oz) I can swing away all day yet maintain control in 2+ hour matches.

This racquet seems to have disappeared into the derth of Wilson models. It's been out for a year and I haven't seen too many around though.

Please don't get me started on Wilson. I've had some major QC issues with them during my time playing tennis. Honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've bought pairs of Wilson frames and, without customization mind you, found that both frames though identical, played completely different (night and day). Wilson frames I've bought/used and punted due to differences in identical models (HPS 7.1, N6.1-95 (16x18), PS Tour 90, N6.1-90). The NBlades were the only ones I'd owned a pair of that had a consistent feel (just didn't have enough static weight).

Wilson's I currently keep and play with from time-to-time: 1- PS85; 1 -PSTour90. Everytime I play and see someone using an NBlade, I get sorta nostalgic, but I call that the "old girlfriend syndrome." You see her looking her best and get that old wistful nostalgia; but then you talk to them and remember why you punted the first time. ;)

fgs
07-19-2007, 03:49 AM
matt21,
if you would have put a little lead on the butt as well to counterbalance the lead you put at 3&9 o'clock, your might have gotten a wonderfull marriage.:D
regarding qc, if you go through the threads you will see that it is not only reswtricted to wilson. anyhow it seems i'm a helluva lucky guy since neither my previous n95's (2pcs) nor my current 106blades (3pcs) - all coming from different production badges! - had a difference of more than 2g static and were absolutely matched in balance, hence swing the same!

david garcia,
there will be nothing to regret about your decision. the 98 is by nature a slight bit less forgiving on offcentershots but has a slight bit more control. i demoed the 98 and went for the 106, since i'm a heavy topspinner, so the 106 gives me a little bit more "room", but i would have bought the 98 if there would have been no 106 available. the "feel" of these racquets is (for me!) simply awesome. there are some other nice sticks out there, but this is the one i instantly felt "at home" with.

bertrevert,
your spin problem is 98% technique - i get all the spin i want, which does not mean that there are no racquets out there that give you more, but it's more a question of blending it with punch, and here the sw of the blades is just right for me.
you are perfectly right regarding the radicals - there are quite many similarities, more than differences. i liked the overall performance of the blades better, it seemed to me that they are a tiny little bit better in every area, but this definitely is a matter of preference.
in spite of djokovic and ivanovic playing blades (there are some more top pros doing so, but these are the most "flashy" ones), the blades are not a "flashy" racquet at all - it's more a racquet for the connaiseur (in my opinion). when you first play them they don't jump at you - like wow! that spinny shot, or that demolishing serve. they slowly grow on you. they are an overall well blended frame, and while i understand the volley issues some are experiencing, a tiny little bit of customizing would have put that problem away in not time (supposed you know your ways and means regarding customizing and what your game and stroke mechanics need). i think that most of the blade users will be long term users, and it could be that we will see another "ps85-syndrome" developing over time.

Matt21
07-19-2007, 04:49 AM
FGS, didn't even think about adding lead under the butt cap. I did dump the stock grip for leather which helped, but in my mind my decision had already been made. Regarding the instant "wow" factor; I actually did experience it which was why I purchased them up front. The pop on the Blades (especially the 106) is amazing and in my opinion, in a league of it's own. Don't the William sisters also use custom pj's of the NBlade sticks?

bertrevert
07-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Ok I got hold of a 98 to demo.

They're discontinued here in Aust so if I want one I'd have to ask the Wilson rep or buy the demo and build up the grip with a sleeve. (Ugh hate doing that) Holding the Blade over the Rad shows the Rad to be smaller hoop. Nice heft on the Blade, v interesting balance and weight. Very classy understated look and feel. See how it goes on court...

(Thanks "fgs" for comments on BH, totally agree.)

What will you guys do if you want another one? What will Wilson replace it with?

PimpMyGame
07-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Tried the nBlade 98 and loved it...ordered two which are arriving on Monday and I can't wait. Can I get membership?

I'm going to hit with it for a couple of weeks and then come back with my story...

fgs
07-19-2007, 08:04 AM
matt21,
yes the pop on the 106 is amazing for someone who "knows" the business - it's a controlled pop, so it is rather "in disguise" as opposed to most other frames offering pop but the shots ending in the backfence.

bertrevert,
funny thing about blades being discontinued in australia - you can get them here in europe without any trouble. i haven't yet given it a thought since i have three and i think that they will last me at least another two-three years considering how much i play (and break strings). until then, we will see what wilson (and other racquet companies) come up with.

DavidGarcia
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks for your advise fgs.

My racket should arrive wether tomorrow or this morning, hope happens tomorrow so can play with it this weekend.

Having demoed the 106 which do you think it is the main different which I will find with the 98?

Which are the main differents from the 106 to the 98?

What made me go for the 98 was that my old wilson was 98 - 27 and i felt weird holding a 106 - 27.5!

Hope now i do not regret not to buy the 106! hehehe....

fgs
07-19-2007, 01:36 PM
david garcia,
i'm sure you will not regret. the main difference is that the 106 is a little more forgiving on offcentershots. i play heavy topspin, so the slightly bigger size gives me some more "room". the 98 is slightly heavier which offsets the power you would get from the bigger headsize - i found them to be quite level on this issue. the 98 has a little bit more control, but i strung my 106 a little bit tighter (i string quite low anyway - 50m/48c), so i get about the same control from the 106 as i would get from the 98. i do modify my racquets, so in the end i could make the 98 play like the 106, or vice versa, the only thing that made me go for the 106 is the forgiveness. it's not a big deal, but since i still play competitively, it's the little bit that makes me feel more comfortable.

DavidGarcia
07-19-2007, 02:55 PM
That sounds great. Thanks a mill for your help.

Do you owe a 98 too, by the way?

fgs
07-19-2007, 03:18 PM
david garcia,
no, i just have three 106blades and a ntour two 105 (my wife is using). my son will soon get two k95 teams.

bertrevert
07-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Alright "PimpMyGame" - I'd be interested to hear what a new confirmed user might find with regular play. What were you using before? Do you play competitively or socially?

Anyone - how does this nBlade go on serve? Serve is real imptnt to my game. With the LM Rad I have accuracy and some sting too. Is it same for Blade?

nn
07-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Alright "PimpMyGame" - I'd be interested to hear what a new confirmed user might find with regular play. What were you using before? Do you play competitively or socially?

Anyone - how does this nBlade go on serve? Serve is real imptnt to my game. With the LM Rad I have accuracy and some sting too. Is it same for Blade?

yes with 98 my serve come alive compare to RDS 001MID (mind you only drawback of RDS)

fgs
07-19-2007, 06:31 PM
bertrevert,
i found the blades to be slightly better on control and on power than the lm radical, the latter due to the higher sw of course. if you can move this additional weight around, there is no reason why the serves should not get more pace. i have a very odd balancing i favour which renders an absurdly high sw (but that's how i play since my junior days), but i nevertheless still hit quite a few aces each match and rarely doublefault AND i don't get regularly broken.

PimpMyGame
07-20-2007, 12:20 AM

I play a mixture of competitive and social in the UK. Not much competition around, local doubles league but I will be entering my county open in August.

Currently using a Triad 6.0 (95 sq in) although I have had brief flirtations with an nCode 6.0 Team, Babolat APD and Triad 6.0 (106 sq in). Used to use Max 200Gs in the early 90s which I really loved so I'm looking forward to getting another flexible frame.:)

centercourt8
07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone!! This frame has greatly interested me ( 98 version ), ive been using the head radical os agassi, and i was wondering if anyone can compare the two. Also if anyone has had a hit with the redondo 98, id love to hear a comparison of that as well. A little about me, im a flat hitter with a 1hbh. Play mostly baseline, with occasional skirmishes at the net. Thanks very much! :D

Ps- Out of all the clubs, everyone seems to be the nicest here!

nhstennis
07-24-2007, 09:20 AM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/nhstennis/DSCN2782.jpg

nhstennis
07-24-2007, 09:20 AM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/nhstennis/DSCN2777.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/nhstennis/DSCN2781.jpg

OK my pics are a bit shaky, but my racket is still beautiful in its played to no end condition..i was thinking i could sand down the white around 9 and 3 o'clock bc there is black under it

haveheart
07-24-2007, 10:00 AM
david garcia,
no, i just have three 106blades and a ntour two 105 (my wife is using). my son will soon get two k95 teams.

I've gotten interested in lighter frames and both the nBlade and the k95 team are lighter sticks that have reasonable swingweight because of relative head heaviness. Also both have 18x20 stringbeds.

Any insight into comparisons between these 2 sticks would be appreciated.

drhopz
07-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Hello fgs, I have a question, what grip do you use(western, etc...)? My body has gotten used to semi-western.

fgs
07-24-2007, 11:03 AM
haveheart,
i have recently played with the k95 team, since i'm looking for a racquet for my son (and he is understandably on the federer trip - he's 8!). i must say that in spite of the racquets being both flexy (98 blade and k95 team) and having 18x20 stringbeds, in spite of quite similar sw, they do play pretty much different. the k95 team needs much more swing to get a decent ball over the net than the 98 blade. they come with about the same level of control and i would say that both are really good racquets, but for my gamestyle (agressive baseliner with lots of spin) the blade is definitely the choice (i play the 106blades).

drhopz,
i hope you're well again - i play eastern grips, 2hbh, lots of topspin off both sides, on the bh i use (in the mean time more frequently) slices - onehanded. BUT, i have set up my son with semiwestern grips which i find more appropriate for the game as it is played now. i can still play with the young guns with my eastern grips, but i think that semiwestern (or western) gives you less to think about on court and just concentrate on whavcking the ball. on serves i use a light eastern backhand grip in order to get more spin into the ball and volleys are continental.

drhopz
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
My game has been fine. I can keep up with my friend-who plays singles #1 for his high school. 2hbh, semi-western forehand, and developed an effective serve. My friends tell me it's called a 'screw ball' or something. I serve like a lefty because it jumps to the left of the opponent rather than to the right. Kinda weird. I use semi-western for almost everything, except volleying and slicing.

haveheart
07-24-2007, 11:48 AM
fgs,

thanks for info. How about for volleys?

The reason I ask is because when I had a chance to use the nblade (98), it was very stable and had great pop for groundstrokes, and there was very little adjustment for my game (long strokes, currently use RDX 500 mid) but I was uncomfortable during volleys. It didn't have anything to do with maneuverability, ... but for touch shots, angled volleys, half-volleys, etc. it felt like the weighting was all wrong, and I would have to adjust my swing, rather than feeling the racquet was an extension of the arm.

Tennis16
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I am currently in the demo process with the N Blade 98 and N Blade 106.
The 106 seems t ohave a little more pop on volleys, but the 98 seems to sure much bigger. Has anyone experienced these differences. Your comments on both rackets are appreciated. By the way I am an all court player, and love to play a serve and volley game. Thanks

siow_a
07-24-2007, 12:38 PM
I switched from the nblade 106 to the Head Agassi LE 107 looking for something better. Here is what I found out....

Setup:
Head - strung with Ultra tour 16 - 3g added to the 9 and 6 o'clock positions
Wilson - Wilson NRG2 16 - 6 g added to the 2 and 10 o'clock positions

Analysis:
I hit with the pros regularly(total of 28 hours) and this is the feedback I received from pro and myself. I play a lot of doubles and occasional singles with both racquets over 1 year.

The Head has more pace on the serves than the Wilson nblade 106, but the nblade has better control(location). The Head location was good but the Wilson was much more accurate. From the baseline the nblade is better in accuracy and consistancy than the Agassi, but the Agassi seems to deliver a heavier ball. The pro was having occassional problems keeping up with the pace from the Head vs the Wilson. The Agassi has more punch on my volley, but again the nblade deliver the ball very accurately. The return of serve was the best with the nBlade. Against really hard hitting players, it seem that I have more time(mainly due to the weight of the Agassi) to deliver a slice or hard flat return.

I felt they both offer a lot of spin ...slice/topsin. The Wilson just seems to impart more. Both racquets allow me to flatten out my strokes with a lot of pace. Overheads and Serves were dispatched with more ease with the Wilson.
I just feel more confident serving & returning with the Wilson. The Head had more pop on everything, but what I like the most is it had more plow through than the Wilson. I've been changing the lead weighting of the Wilson to get that plow through effect, but thus far have not really nailed the correct setup.

So in the end ...I'm heading back to the Wilson. It just feels right to me.

FGS: I'm going to try your setup(1 and 11) and replace my grip with a leather one. Hope to see some results.

fgs
07-24-2007, 01:32 PM
haveheart,
in my opinion your problems with the volleys are due to the rather high sw of the blades. i think you need some adjustment time. for volleys most of the players like a slightly heavier racquet than the blades and also more headlight. with the rather high sw it is more difficult to push (as you're supposed to do on the volley) than with a lower sw racquet.

siow_a,
be careful about that set-up - i end up having a 1pt hh racquet with an absolutely weird sw of about 410! i do play with such a balancing since my early junior days, but as far as i know, there have been very few players i've seen or heard of that go for such a set-up. i can surely try it out, but don't really expect anything spectacular to happen because it is a weird set-up indeed (i know of knowone currently among the people i play and meet at tournaments that can handle my sticks, even if they are "younger" than me).

stinkypanda
07-25-2007, 10:16 AM
I just bought this racquet a few days ago and I am so incredibly happy with it. It is such a solid stick and was a great transition from my Prince Warrior OS.

I was torn because I found the nBlade for $60 (used on craigslist), and I was thinking of just getting a new Warrior frame for 10 bucks more... but I'm really happy I gave it a shot.

Pusher
07-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey guys,
My son (17) used an nblade 98 for about a year or so and i really miss that frame (I string his frames). He moved on to an N6.1 95 because he needed the extra weight and stability. He's a ranked junior and the competetion keeps getting tougher with guys hitting with a lot of pace.

The N6.1 95 is a stiffer frame with a less dense stringbed and one would think it would offer more pace and spin but I think the Nblade does just as well. One thing I really loved about the Blade was it was easy on strings and it doesn't require a poly string for good durability. I mostly use PSGD 17ga and it worked great with that frame. Natural gut is also a good string and it has very good durability in the nblade. With the N6.1 95 I am limited on the strings i can use and my son can go thru poly in a couple of hours.
My son still has a Blade in his bag as a third racquet and he still loves it.

DavidGarcia
07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Just got my new nBlade 98 today and feel very happy with it. I just played for a while for it but felt certainly good.

My question now is (possibly a very stupid one). How many pros are using this racket currently?
I can name Djokovic, Paul-Henri Mathieu, Ana Ivanovic, Can any of you name any others?

Forehand Forever
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I have a shoulder injury and haven't played much for two months. Would this racquet be a good one for my injury? I think my club has it for a demo so I want to try that out. soon.