PDA

View Full Version : Is the FXP Radical MP good for spin?

dacrymn
05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
I tried the FXP Radical MP today, and I got the impression that it was more suited towards flatter hitters. Whenever I tried to go for a really top-spinny angled shot I super-framed (and I mean, SUPER framed) it, send it really high. It would land in, but what a waste of a winner opportunity. This may just be me and the sun in my eyes, but do any other owners play with heavy spin?
________
Mercedes-Benz W107 350SL history (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W107_350SL)

weed
05-07-2007, 04:33 PM
i just tried it for the first time. i found it great for spin. i was amazed by how much spin i got out of it. i thought it was supposed to be like the lm radical that everyone says gets little spin. i was never good at hitting the high heavily spun balls but it was easy with the radical. i was also surprised that it didn't feel boardy at all and it actually had some power

rafa_prestige89
05-07-2007, 04:59 PM
The TOUR version of it (100 sq. in) is very good for top spin
you should try it

weed
05-07-2007, 05:03 PM
oh yeah, the guy that let me try it plays d1 college tennis and he is the opposite of a flat hitter

phucng_10
05-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Played with this racquet, didn't really like the feel. Well to me, all Radical's feel the same.