PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Zone 7.1 racquet compared to Pro Tour 95

edge
02-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Has anyone play with both of these and can compare the two racquets? My tounament playing son has to transition to a new racquet as the Zone 7.1 has been discontinued. Any suggestions? Thanks.

tnkGod4tns
02-20-2004, 10:34 AM
I have 4 of the zone, and it is a good racket, the main reason i am using it is because it's very good for the elbow and shoulder, otherwise i would have love using my ps 6.0 85, i still use my 6.o but cannot use it for 2 or 3 hours especially if my arm is sore, never played with the tour yet.

Simbah2004
02-20-2004, 10:42 AM
tnkGod4tns, I also play with the pro staff original. But I'm also looking for a more forgiving racquet (I play almost daily and my shoulder is starting to bother me). Since you play with both, could you tell me in further detail the differences between the 85 and hps zone? Thanks.

babar
02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I have used both and the biggest difference you feel is the lack of stiffness in the 7.1. The PS Tour 95 is not really stiff, but the 7.1 is very flexible. Feel and touch is very nice on the 7.1, but the Tour 95 feels more crisp and predictable. It is not a bad alternative. I might also suggest trying the Prince More Precision MP, Wilson ROK, Head Ti Classic and LM Radical. The only racquet I have ever played with that felt like the 7.1 is the Volkl C-9 Pro, but it has been discontinued. If you can find a used one, good luck.

edge
02-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks for your comments, barbar. How does the ROK compare to the Tour Pro 95? You see, Wilson gives him 4 racquets, 15 NXT strings, 15 overwraps, 2 hats and 2 t-shirts for only three bills which is a great deal so he has an advantage to stay with Wilson.

tnkGod4tns
02-21-2004, 12:52 AM
simbah, they are both good control rackets, the 7.1 is about an ounce lighter than the 6.0, more forgiving on mishits, flexible compare to the 6.o that is why it's very good for the arm, you get more spin with the 7.1 although the 6.o is not far behind, i get more swing speed with the 7.1, control i'd give it to the 6.0, it's hard to find a racket that can beat the 6.0 when it comes to control, volleys i give it to the 6.0, very solid and i'd come up with volleys that i can't get with any racket. For me if not for my arm problems i would have stuck with the 6.0, but i'm looking at playing tennis till i'm old so i'm saving my arm for that, who knows if get rid of my arm problems i would probably go back to the 6.0

Simbah2004
02-21-2004, 08:55 AM
tnkGod4tns, thanks a lot. I play almost daily, and need something lighter with good control. If I was playing only on weekends, I would never change racquets. I'll choose between the Zone or the Surge.

babar
02-21-2004, 12:11 PM
The ROK is a very stable, flexible, low-powered stick. It has great feel and touch. I was surprised with how much spin I got even though the string pattern is really dense. The Tour 95 is stiffer and more powerful, but not as nice feeling. The only place where the ROK felt uncomfortable was on return of hard serves. Trying to stab back at a fast serve felt awkward and uncontrolable. I play against some hard servers, so I went with a bigger head size racquet, but besides that I liked the ROK a lot.