PDA

View Full Version : Ready Position Grip?

sinned
05-07-2007, 09:54 PM
I'd also like to know, are you a 1HBH or 2HBH? For those that use a neutral grip, any advantages?

TonLars
05-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I'd also like to know, are you a 1HBH or 2HBH? For those that use a neutral grip, any advantages?

I think alot of players like me that use a westernish forehand are usually in this grip during a point. I think its easier to switch to a backhand grip than the other way around since the forehand side is an extreme grip. As for return of serve im sure theres alot of variation among people. For me, on return of serve im in the forehand grip and again am ready for that, and then can easily switch to the backhand. Especially on returning serve this is where I believe that approach may help.

Matt_MS
05-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Well with my forehand grip I cannot hit my 1HB, because if you don't **** your wrist back on your 1 hander you'll just blow it. Since I'm left handed, I usually stand with my 1 hander grip on the deuce side, since it's easy to change, and my forehand on the ad court, and if I can't change my grip in time (I try to judge it) I just slice one back.