PDA

View Full Version : Ready Position Grip?

sinned
05-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm a 1HBH with but always have my extreme eastern grip in my ready position.

For those that use a neutral grip, any advantages?

sinned
05-07-2007, 11:06 PM
sorry about the double post. It was my first poll.

Solat
05-07-2007, 11:22 PM
im a bit different, i just hold the grip of the last stroke i played

Virginia
05-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Backhand grip - it's quicker to switch from that to the forehand grip, than the other way round.

thejackal
05-07-2007, 11:46 PM
i use forehand grip. mostly i chip my bh returns on first serve returns.

Narcissist
05-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Left hand in backhand grip, right hand in forehand grip.

For a forehand I can just take LH off

For a backhand the left hand already in position and holding the raquet which makes changing grip easy. I often start the take back with my my RH still changing grip - my 2hbh is quite left hand dominant.

Koaske
05-08-2007, 08:13 AM
It depends. For example, if I know my opponent is going to hit it to my backhand with his backhand, I'll wait with a backhand grip.

Loco4Tennis
08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
i like the continental grip as my default grip to go to while i wait for the shot
my backhand grip is more severe than the forhand, finding them from the continental possition is very easy from there,
i do hold the racquet with 2 hands while waiting, which then helps me adjust right before choosing the side

RakettoKozou
08-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I always go forehand grip and stand a tiny bit to the left (I'm a righty). That way, the area my opponent can hit to my backhand is smaller so my forehand would be more used.

monomakh
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Left hand in backhand grip, right hand in forehand grip.

For a forehand I can just take LH off

For a backhand the left hand already in position and holding the raquet which makes changing grip easy. I often start the take back with my my RH still changing grip - my 2hbh is quite left hand dominant.

Ditto. Dual SW for me.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-22-2008, 02:38 PM
I stick to the semi-western for all groundstrokes and I use continental for serves and vollies.

sawedust
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
As Narcissist and monomakh have already mentioned, I too have my right hand in a forehand grip, left hand in a backhand grip (two-handed backhand).

I find it easier to just let my left hand go for a forehand shot, and just rotate my right hand a slight bit to hit the two-handed backhand. Helps a lot if I'm on the run.

SystemicAnomaly
08-22-2008, 10:47 PM
I stick to the semi-western for all groundstrokes and I use continental for serves and vollies.

You use a SW for your BH g'strokes???