PDA

View Full Version : PS 6.0 85 Taiwan vs. China version

phamphihung
05-08-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi,

If there is a diference between the Taiwan and China ( TW website ), I have the Taiwan version and really like it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

the Town Sherif
05-08-2007, 06:55 AM
huge, the taiwan version is stiffer and less forgiving, whereas the new china (TW versions) is a bit flexier and a tad lighter in weight....

phamphihung
05-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the responsed, with your experience which one is better ?

Mr. Sean
05-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I never tried a china. I own taiqan though. In comparison to a st vincent it is very solid. Weight feels evenly dispersed throughout the entire racquet. I wouldnt say its less forgiving though. It should feel a tad heavier than a china but that makes it more stable.

the Town Sherif
05-08-2007, 10:16 AM
personally, i liked the china more than the taiwan....i don't like the stiffness in the taiwan version....the best overall was the st. vincent one, which hit beautifully.

goosala
05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I have owned the Taiwan version and it was heavy and jarring. I like the Chinese version much more because it is flexier and just a tad lighter so I don't tire as easily swinging it. My real complaint about the old version was that it was heavy. Now the PS85 is perfectly weighted for me and is easier on my arm.

drakulie
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
huge, the taiwan version is stiffer and less forgiving, whereas the new china (TW versions) is a bit flexier and a tad lighter in weight....

I agree with the above. However, the Chinese is not as forgiving as the Taiwan. They are equally "forgiving".

Additionally, the Taiwan is much closer in feel to the Vincents, and Chicago models.

I found the China model to play more "hollow" than the others. It does not have that "thick", solid feel of the Vincents/Chicago.