PDA

View Full Version : How long will Nadal's clay court streak last?

Tchocky
05-08-2007, 08:04 AM
72 consecutive wins on clay and counting. I don't see his streak ending anytime soon unless he gets injured or Roger can finally figure him out. Still it's highly unlikely that Rafa will break Chris Evert's record of 125 consecutive clay court wins.

BigServer1
05-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I think Roger has a chance in Rome this week. The clay tends to play a bit "faster" (so people say), and it was by far his closest match against Nadal last year. Then again, he could win out again this year and we could be looking at 90+ by next year.

PrinceO3TourOS
05-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I think his streak will end soon...maybe Roger can end Rafa's record...I have a bad feeling about this :lol:

thu_huong
05-09-2007, 12:57 AM
I think his streak will end soon...maybe Roger can end Rafa's record...I have a bad feeling about this :lol:

I think it must be a strong feeling:D

caulcano
05-09-2007, 01:01 AM

I had a dream the other night that Federer was playing Nadal in the Rome final and was 1 set & a break up. But I didn't see the eventual outcome. :-D

thu_huong
05-09-2007, 01:02 AM
I had a dream the other night that Federer was playing Nadal in the Rome final and was 1 set & a break up. But I didn't see the eventual outcome. :-D

I dreamed about it too days ago and Roger is the champion

Rhino
05-09-2007, 01:03 AM
I think Nadal will lose this week in Rome. Probably Djoko will do it.

thu_huong
05-09-2007, 01:04 AM
I think Nadal will lose this week in Rome. Probably Djoko will do it.

I think Djokovic can't beat Nadal on clay
seriously

Gugarocks
05-09-2007, 02:59 AM
I think Fed-express, the Djoker and Willy Canas are the only serious contenders right now.

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
05-09-2007, 03:40 AM
I have the good feeling it is still too early for Rafa to be beaten on clay maybe when he is 26 like Federer :D

tennis_hand
05-09-2007, 05:07 AM
my guess is fewer than 80.

jackson vile
05-09-2007, 09:12 AM
72 consecutive wins on clay and counting. I don't see his streak ending anytime soon unless he gets injured or Roger can finally figure him out. Still it's highly unlikely that Rafa will break Chris Evert's record of 125 consecutive clay court wins.

So finally Vilas can shut up, as Nadal has surpassed the record that he "could" have had if not the the spaghetti incident

noeledmonds
05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
So finally Vilas can shut up, as Nadal has surpassed the record that he "could" have had if not the the spaghetti incident

What about the 82 match winning streak that Borg would have had on red clay if anyone cared enough about streaks in Borg's time for Borg to continue with a match he was leading 4-1?

This is an 82 match streak that Borg effectivly had on red clay. This streak EXCLUDES a match that Borg lost in Hamburg in 1970 were Borg retired in the 1st set when he was leading 4-1. Remeber that all of Nadal's streak matches have been played on European red clay.

N.B Match results are taken from the ATP website so there is a possibility that the information is incomplete. Please make any additions or corrections if you know of any.

82 matches-

1977: Nice, Monte Carlo WCT, Pepsi Grand Slam, Madrid, Barcelona (23 matches)

1978: Pepsi Grand Slam, Rome, Roland Garros, Bastad (20 matches)

1979: Monte Carlo, Hamburg*,Roland Garros, Bastad, Palermo (24 matches)

1980: 2 Davis Cup matches on Swedish Clay, Nice, Monte Carlo, Nations Cup** (15 matches)

*Not including match in R16 where Borg retired against Eliot Teltscher, Borg was leading 4-1 in the 1st set at the time

** Borg loses to Vilas in the semi-final

(N.B next event after loss to Vilas at the Nations Cup Borg goes on to win the FO without loss of a set)