PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters quits tennis at 23

Rhino
05-09-2007, 12:06 AM
...and I thought Bjorn Borg quit early. Imagine if Federer had quit at 23!!!
Good on her though. Do you think she'll do a Hingus and come back eventually?

thu_huong
05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
she's one of my favourite famale players.:(
Hope she will have fun with her new life

PrinceO3TourOS
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
she's one of my favourite famale players.:(
Hope she will have fun with her new life

She'll break more plates than racquets and have less money, that's all :lol:

thu_huong
05-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Hmm
Do you really think so?

PrinceO3TourOS
05-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Hmm
Do you really think so?

Oh yes ;) I can't believe she quits the most beautiful sport in the world for a medieval marriage, she should marry Amelie Mauresmo and not quit tennis :lol:

thu_huong
05-09-2007, 12:32 AM
;) Oh yes ;) I can't believe she quits the most beautiful sport in the world for a medieval marriage, she should marry Amelie Mauresmo and not quit tennis :lol:

OMG
If I were her, I think I would have taken your advice;)

pound cat
05-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Here's a comment from someone who actually knows her.

Henin backs Clijsters retirement

Henin has backed fellow Belgian Kim Clijsters's decision to retire and praised her for her contribution to tennis. Clijsters has struggled with injury over the last few years and had said this season would be her last.

However, she lost her opening match at this week's Warsaw Cup to Julia Vakulenko and brought forward her plans.

Henin said she supported and respected the decision of the 2005 US Open champion and four-time Grand Slam runner-up

"When I heard Kim planned to play only certain tournaments this year, I thought she would find it hard, because you have to be 100 percent focused on your game, so I think she made the right decision to bow out now," Henin said on Tuesday.

"It was a bit of a surprise that she took the decision now, but it is a decision everyone should respect. Belgian and world tennis is losing a great champion for sure. We should never forget what Kim Clijsters has done for tennis.

"We virtually grew up together and played a lot of tournaments together, we have lots of respect for each other, but we were rivals. It was a good story for Belgian tennis, because we were so different in our styles.

"I wish her all the best for her new life after tennis, it is going to be a big change for sure."

Narcissist
05-09-2007, 03:47 AM
four-time Grand Slam runner-up

Having won just one slam that has to hurt.