PDA

View Full Version : Nadal, not healthy

Zaragoza
05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
He said on the post-match interview that he needed to go to the doctor in the morning and maybe he is coming back tomorrow. I hope it´s nothing serious. Here is the link and the google translation with some corrections (I hope it´s understable).

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/tenis/es/desarrollo/991048.html

Nadal: “Before playing with Bracciali I was annoyed, but it does not worry to me” The Spanish Rafael Nadal (n.2), that happened to the third round after beating Italian Daniele Bracciali, by 6-4 and 6-2, kept awake that before the encounter he was not very well, that was a little annoyed and that, after the match he is still without being “at the best moment” “This morning (of Wednesday) I was annoyed and I had to go to the doctor. He told me it was nothing, it is something that does not worry to me and I hope myself to recover for Thursday, but maybe I return to the doctor. I am not still at my best, but I am not worried”, said Nadal at the end of the match. And the truth is that the serious face of Nadal contrasted with the joy that habitually shows. “Still I am a little annoyed”, kept awake. About his match against Bracciali, he said: “It was normal, nothing in special, a little difficult in the beginning until the eighth game, but soon everything was well; I did not run defeat risks”. “Bracciali is a difficult player, that it does not grant rate to you and that puts a powerful serve. It knew it from the moment of the drawing that it was not going to be easy. He is a dangerous player”, added. Of the Russian Mikhail Youznhy, his rival, it indicated: “He is one of my more frightful adversaries, has gained me twice, I also to him and, of course, he is not the worse one for me as Blake is, but he is difficult. I will have to give the maximum one to have options to win.

Baghdatis72
05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Nadal will be fine as always. It's just the fear of losing that got to him now.

gugarafa
05-09-2007, 11:05 PM
the excuses have began...........mark my words he won't be at his" best moment" when he loses to Youzhny today

kimizz
05-10-2007, 03:07 AM
I hope hes not making excuses for the possible loss hes about to experience...I mean I like Nadal and I want him to win, but maybe hes afraid of Youzhny.

About the butt picking... I would scratch my balls,butt, nose whatever if it would help me win a ms title or Grand Slam at Roland Garros.

helloworld
05-10-2007, 03:15 AM
I can hardly see nadal losing to Youghny at all. Last time they played on clay, Nadal won 6-0, 6-2. I don't expect the score to be any different this time either.

Zaragoza
05-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Nadal is never afraid of playing against someone (not even Federer on grass), thatīs one of the things that make him different from other players. I thought we all knew about Nadalīs self-confidence and determination to win but it seems some people didnīt notice yet, itīs one of the keys of his success.
About his health issues, he needed to go the doctor and letīs hope itīs nothing. Itīs silly to think that he went to doctor yesterday morning because he was looking for an excuse if his 73 wins streak ends. We donīt need online doctors, really.

pound cat
05-10-2007, 03:47 AM
Reuters:

"I felt a bit dizzy, and it was difficult for the first eight games, but after that it was fine," said Nadal.

Asked whether he was sick, Nadal replied: "I don't know. I felt a bit dizzy also before the match, but the doctor said it wasn't anything. I think it's OK."

He likely has a touch of the 'flu and he's probably not used to feeling dizzy and is likely worried about this wrecking his record.

I don't think any of the morbid conditions mentioned by posters have dizziness as a symptom.

illkhiboy
05-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Perhaps he is trying to get out of Hamburg. He hasn't played the tournament the last 2 years, and that's allowed him a 2-week break before the French. Uptil now, both Nadal and Federer have spoken quite a bit about playing Hamburg. I'm sure Federer will, he hasn't played as much as Nadal who had to go to Barcelona. Kind of ironic isn't it? Playing to appease his homefans may cost him 250 ranking points.

ckthegreek
05-10-2007, 04:46 AM
I can hardly see nadal losing to Youghny at all. Last time they played on clay, Nadal won 6-0, 6-2. I don't expect the score to be any different this time either.

Don't know. Y did well last week and if Nadal is not 100% he may take advantage.

caulcano
05-10-2007, 04:49 AM
Perhaps he is trying to get out of Hamburg. He hasn't played the tournament the last 2 years, and that's allowed him a 2-week break before the French. Uptil now, both Nadal and Federer have spoken quite a bit about playing Hamburg. I'm sure Federer will, he hasn't played as much as Nadal who had to go to Barcelona. Kind of ironic isn't it? Playing to appease his homefans may cost him 250 ranking points.

Yeah, I'm pretty Nadal will miss Hamburg & Federer won't. However, now that finals are 3 sets, it might not take as much out of Nadal so he may play to stop Federer from winning.

VamosRafa
05-10-2007, 08:40 AM
The word here in Rome is that Rafa went to the hospital after his press conference yesterday and went back today. He definitely was not at his best yesterday. He came to the press conference immediately after his match, and he had his bag and was dressed to leave. That is not usual for him. We are waiting for further word. In the meantime, the Italians are celebrating as though they won the World Cup. I've never seen a celebration such as I saw after Volandri won today.

janipyt05
05-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Rafa has played a lot of tennis i don't blame him for wanting a way out of hamburg... but i think rafa takes one match at a time the 3 master series are too close together imo

rafan
05-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Well i very much doubt if he is faking this as he was perfectly ok prior to playing Federer at Monte Carlo - and that was quite a challenge. Surprised these players manage to stay as fit as they do considering all the strange bugs they must encounter on their travels. It's going to be a dull match without Fed and Nadal if he does pull out - keep well rafa!!

Chauvalito
05-10-2007, 09:45 AM
I hope hes not making excuses for the possible loss hes about to experience...I mean I like Nadal and I want him to win, but maybe hes afraid of Youzhny.

About the butt picking... I would scratch my balls,butt, nose whatever if it would help me win a ms title or Grand Slam at Roland Garros.

Thats comedy..hahahah

fastdunn
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
That's what I thought when I saw nadal playing Bracialli.
He didn't look all that lively..

fastdunn
05-10-2007, 12:04 PM
the excuses have began...........mark my words he won't be at his" best moment" when he loses to Youzhny today

Nadal tends to do low-balling before the match but
I don't think he makes much execuses after his loss.

Rabbit
05-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Nads sick? Federer losing? Does this spell doom for the dynamic duo? Does this mean that a new player or players could emerge at this year's French Open? Or, will FedEx-man and his Grand Slam sidekick DirtBoy regain their elite superhero status?

Tune in here, 27MAY07 for the exciting answer.

idiotboy
05-10-2007, 01:57 PM
My theory is that he is suffering from some strange condition which causes his *** to suck rather than blow. Hence no matter what kind of underwear he wears his *** always sucks it up and he must pick it out.

So really we should have the greatest of sympathy for Nadal as he struggles to deal with his *** suction condition. am i rite Nadal fans?

Zaragoza
05-10-2007, 01:58 PM

Ok I will not mark your words but even Bracciali was harder than Youzhny. What is the excuse for a 74 wins streak?

Swingin Richard
05-10-2007, 04:30 PM

Nice prediction

LarougeNY
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Nadal will be fine as always. It's just the fear of losing that got to him now.

I have to agree with that most. Maybe he's confused about feds level of playing, wondering if he might lost to someone else in the final.

gugarafa
05-10-2007, 10:51 PM
regard this as a spoiler or whatever.........now that he's won we can all relax-its possible to win with on clay while sick if you are rafa nadal

slice bh compliment
05-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Glad you're feeling better Raf.

Anyone know what that was?