PDA

View Full Version : The right position and how to switch between fh/bh on time?

djones
09-20-2004, 02:40 AM
I'm really having big trouble getting in the right position to either hit a backhand or forehand and switch to the right grip on time.
Mostly I just expect the service on my forehand and if it does, I'm on time to hit a good hard return.
But usually when the ball comes to my backhand, I'm too late, I'm in open stance and this forces me to hit a poor slice backhand.
I try to hold my left hand in the backhand grip and my right hand in the forehand grip, but if I get the serve hit into my forehand I ofton are too late to swing thru ball, which again forces me to block the service with my forehand :?
That's why I prefer to just expect the service coming into my forehand so I can at least hit a good return if it actually does goes to my forehand.
Do you have any tips on how to step in on time and getting ready to hit the appropiate shot?
Thanks in advance

Rickson
09-20-2004, 07:25 AM
Use a continental grip so you can block the ball back from either side.

Baseline Basher
09-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Practice hard on your backhand returns so you're more confident. If you practice your backhand returns, you'll feel more confident returning in general. Just practice returning.