PDA

View Full Version : Roddick beats 04 French Open champ?

tennishead93
05-09-2007, 06:45 PM
something is a little weord there.(although he did win houston a few years ago it is still strange)

Feña14
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
something is a little weord there.(although he did win houston a few years ago it is still strange)

Lol don't look too much into it.

Gaudio has lost it completely, he's said himself that he could be retiring pretty soon as it's just no fun for him anymore. I think that if he doesn't win some matches come the grass season that could be the end of things for him.

It's a shame but he gave us all some great memories with his big wins back in 2004.

Pleepers
05-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Are you guys trying to rub it in my face? I allready owe GRANITECHIEF 50 pushups for all this :mad:

Bottle Rocket
05-09-2007, 06:58 PM
I think Roddick is underrated on clay.

How about that win in Davis Cup against Berdych? I am not sure the win against Gaudio means much, but no matter how you look at it, he did just beat a FO champ.

I think the problem is that he hates the clay so much, he doesn't want it bad enough.

His current style seems to suit clay fairly well, at least much more so than Blake. He is extremely consistant, looks to end points at the net, hits with heavy top spin, and his serve is effective on anything. I think he may give some more surprises before the clay season is over...

PrinceO3TourOS
05-09-2007, 10:30 PM
...Gaudio has lost it completely, he's said himself that he could be retiring pretty soon as it's just no fun for him anymore...

That's right, Gaudio can lose to anyone right now, even on Clay :p
Gaudio Version 2007 has the 50% of power compared to Gaudio Version 2004-2005 :-o

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
05-09-2007, 10:31 PM
I think Roddick is underrated on clay.

How about that win in Davis Cup against Berdych? I am not sure the win against Gaudio means much, but no matter how you look at it, he did just beat a FO champ.

I think the problem is that he hates the clay so much, he doesn't want it bad enough.

His current style seems to suit clay fairly well, at least much more so than Blake. He is extremely consistant, looks to end points at the net, hits with heavy top spin, and his serve is effective on anything. I think he may give some more surprises before the clay season is over...

lmao, a win against tomas friggin berdych, its not like hes a clay threat

PrinceO3TourOS
05-12-2007, 10:57 AM

Oh, why you changed your Kiss Avatar? :mrgreen:
El heavy metal y el tenis son una buena combinación :lol:

Ethan04
05-12-2007, 03:29 PM
what're you saying.. Roddick can win french?!

illkhiboy
05-12-2007, 03:54 PM

He is, actually. He has troubled Nadal before on clay. And lost in the R16 to Federer at RG last year. He plays well, but is very inconsistent.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
05-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh, why you changed your Kiss Avatar? :mrgreen:
El heavy metal y el tenis son una buena combinación :lol:

1. i changed it because i idolize both fed and nadal.

2. nothing gets me more pumped up before a match than some motley crue or kiss.

Baghdatis72
05-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Roddick is not any good on clay. He beat Gaudio but almost everyone beat Gaudio this year so it's nothing special. Also Roddick winning the RG is like Baghdatis winning the US Open: almost impossible.

Bogie
05-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Roddick is not any good on clay. He beat Gaudio but almost everyone beat Gaudio this year so it's nothing special. Also Roddick winning the RG is like Baghdatis winning the US Open: almost impossible.

baghdatis winning the us open is much more likely to happen than roddick winning RG. roddick winning RG is pretty much as likely as gaudio winning wimbledon.

Baghdatis72
05-12-2007, 06:40 PM
baghdatis winning the us open is much more likely to happen than roddick winning RG. roddick winning RG is pretty much as likely as gaudio winning wimbledon.

Yeah that's an even better comparison I guess :lol: