PDA

View Full Version : Good shoes for the "husky" build

Golfingoalie
05-10-2007, 03:21 AM
Hi, new guy here...just signed up at a tennis club to play some tennis. I would be considered on the husky side (250 lb), an active 250 lbs. just a big guy.

Can somebody recommend a solid pair of tennis shoes for heavier players?

Thanks,

goober
05-10-2007, 05:00 AM
For heavier players I would go with a solid stable shoe.
These are some good ones.

Adidas Barricade IV or III
Prince M series

AndrewD
05-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Golfingoalie,

Im quite a bit under your size but still a pretty stocky/muscular 6ft and 205lbs and the best shoes I've tried are the Reebok Matchday Pumps. Heavier than your average shoe but signficantly better in terms of cushioning and stability - two things you need a lot of when every step you take results in 200+ pounds hitting the court.

davidcal
05-14-2007, 06:37 AM
I am 6'5" and 240 lbs so I fit the husky build. I have found that good aftermarket insoles make more of a difference for me than the shoes. I have had good luck with Sorbothane's Ultrasole, as they are well cushioned yet supportive. I am sure there are other good ones out there although I did not like Superfeet. I found them overpriced and not very comfortable.

As far as shoes go I really like Reebok's 3D Premier Pro and Prince's T9 Roadster for my medium width foot. Hope this helps.

mctennis
06-15-2007, 06:48 PM
What shoes did you end up getting? Do you like them? I'm in the same boat as you are and can't find a decent show. I was thinking about the Yonex SHT 304's. I need ones that can take my weight and not kill my feet. mctennis@excite.com

courtrage
09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
I am 6'5" and 240 lbs so I fit the husky build. I have found that good aftermarket insoles make more of a difference for me than the shoes. I have had good luck with Sorbothane's Ultrasole, as they are well cushioned yet supportive. I am sure there are other good ones out there although I did not like Superfeet. I found them overpriced and not very comfortable.

As far as shoes go I really like Reebok's 3D Premier Pro and Prince's T9 Roadster for my medium width foot. Hope this helps.

the customer feedback says somthing about the tongue sewn in...is it attached to the upper like on the air oscillate or am i not getting it? thanks