PDA

View Full Version : Time for Fed to go back to the nCode?

nBladed
05-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Maybe it's time for Roger to go back to the nCode. After all it was one of the biggest changes he went through this year.

From the K Factor press release, this racket is different than the previous tour90s. They really spent time modifying the weight, balance, etc. Possible too big of a change for his strokes?

After all he is mishitting a lot.....!

BreakPoint
05-10-2007, 10:46 AM
The only thing that's different now from what he used last year is the paintjob.

janipyt05
05-10-2007, 11:18 AM
at the end of day its the person that directs the racquet and not the other way round, there is nothing wrong with the racquet but it's with the way Fed has appraoched the clay court season, his stressing too much and trying way to hard when i know we all know that Fed can play sublime on clay but if he put too much on himself you self distruct

bluetrain4
05-10-2007, 11:33 AM
He never left the nCode. Don't be so naive. You are racket manufacturer's dream customer.

iamke55
05-10-2007, 12:24 PM
He played the most dominant match ever(of any player) with the KFactor against Andy Roddick this year. What does the racquet have to do with anything?

psamp14
05-10-2007, 12:25 PM
right below the Talk Tennis Warehouse banner should be a slightly smaller banner educating all tennis players that roger federer has been using the same frame nearly his whole playing career and life....its just black, then red, then black and red and white....

Baghdatis72
05-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Maybe it's time for Roger to go back to the nCode. After all it was one of the biggest changes he went through this year.

From the K Factor press release, this racket is different than the previous tour90s. They really spent time modifying the weight, balance, etc. Possible too big of a change for his strokes?

Or he could try using a racket with a larger head size as was suggested by forum experts :lol:

The racket he's using is the same as the previous one but the new paint may be distracting him because of the strange texture it has compared to the ncode which was pretty simple and painted better :D

BigServer1
05-10-2007, 12:35 PM
He never left the nCode. Don't be so naive. You are racket manufacturer's dream customer.

Sorry, but you're naive for thinking he ever played with the nCode.

To the OP: Federer has been using the same racquet ever since he switched from the PS 85. There really isn't any evidence that he has switched since then. Even if he did change, keep in mind that he won the 2007 AO without dropping a set with his "new" racquet.

Baghdatis72
05-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Make no mistake guys: Federer's problem lately is in his mind and nowhere else. Federer has been losing quite a lot more than usual lately because of the following reasons:

1) He realized that to be the GOAT he would have to win the RG and with Nadal being so good and beating him so many times, he doesn't seem to have the psychology to believe in himself about it and that destroys him.

2) He had some unexpected losses against Canas and whether he admits it or not they made him feel vulnerable especially after the second loss where he didn't underestimate Canas.

3) He realized that he is getting 26 this year and every year will be harder to remain in top form and also harder to win the long awaited RG and that can be demoralizing as retirement comes closer.

4) Mirka gained a lot of weight and he is not attracted to her that much anymore so his sex life is not that good.

5) Other players started believing that they can beat him and he faces more mentally strong opponents lately due to that fact.

pmata814
05-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Let's assume for one extremely brief moment that he ACTUALLY IS using the K-Factor. He did win the Australian Open without dropping a set with this racquet. So that's not it guys.

Vision84
05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Let's blame the racket. What a good idea. lol

I think Federer knows better what is going on with his game than anyone on this forum.

VGP
05-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Maybe he should get into a time machine and go back in age a couple of years.....

It's age and maturing competition.......not the racket.

johnny ballgame
05-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Make no mistake guys: Federer's problem lately is in his mind and nowhere else. Federer has been losing quite a lot more than usual lately because of the following reasons...

Sounds reasonable. Plus, he's gained some weight himself (see Monte Carlo photos in the 'bloated' thread).

35ft6
05-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Federer was awful last night. Not sure if I've ever seen a number 1 player play that terribly.

Azzurri
05-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Make no mistake guys: Federer's problem lately is in his mind and nowhere else. Federer has been losing quite a lot more than usual lately because of the following reasons:

1) He realized that to be the GOAT he would have to win the RG and with Nadal being so good and beating him so many times, he doesn't seem to have the psychology to believe in himself about it and that destroys him.

2) He had some unexpected losses against Canas and whether he admits it or not they made him feel vulnerable especially after the second loss where he didn't underestimate Canas.

3) He realized that he is getting 26 this year and every year will be harder to remain in top form and also harder to win the long awaited RG and that can be demoralizing as retirement comes closer.

4) Mirka gained a lot of weight and he is not attracted to her that much anymore so his sex life is not that good.

5) Other players started believing that they can beat him and he faces more mentally strong opponents lately due to that fact.

Your #4 is not current. I saw the most recent pics of her (in Dubai) and she has LOST weight. She looks nice.

Baghdatis72
05-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Your #4 is not current. I saw the most recent pics of her (in Dubai) and she has LOST weight. She looks nice.

Then maybe he just doesn't feel the same about her :confused:

LarougeNY
05-10-2007, 05:33 PM
I think it definitely is the racket. The pj of the n90 was so nice, so elegant, so neat whereas the pj of this "K factor" looks like that kind of art where you throw different colors of paint at a wall. The k90 looks like spiderman's racket, he should definitley invest in switching back to the n90, or using his secret stash of prostaff tour 90 pjs.;)

Mick
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
maybe practicing with coach Roche with has ruined Federer's game :)

LarougeNY
05-10-2007, 05:55 PM
maybe practicing with coach Roche with has ruined Federer's game :)

He's been with him since like '05, and 06 was his most masterful season. Maybe he's just been having some bad days.
I really do think its the k90 pj thats messing him up, time to go back to the n90 or ps90

iplaybetter
05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
you may say he should switch, be he won the Australian open without losing a set with that racket/pj

cukoo
05-10-2007, 06:32 PM
right below the Talk Tennis Warehouse banner should be a slightly smaller banner educating all tennis players that roger federer has been using the same frame nearly his whole playing career and life....its just black, then red, then black and red and white....

What racquet is that? Sorry I dont know much about racquets...

DashaandSafin
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
This is pretty hilarious...I always though Federer could NEVER lose, like NEVER (except to Nadal on clay, sometimes). I come back to TT after a couple months and it looks like Federer's losing his grip?

Mick
05-10-2007, 06:40 PM
i think Federer does not mind losing too much as long as he could win the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. At the beginning of the year, I thought Federer had a chance to win Roland Garros but now i think his chance to win there is from slim to none.

Azzurri
05-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Then maybe he just doesn't feel the same about her :confused:

The guy loves her. He has been with her for 6 years. People always talk abiout how much a DOG Haas and Safin are, but when a guy is committed to someone, people want to hack them down too. I give him a lot of credit. He could have soooo many women. She has to be a great person...at least to him and his family.

sureshs
05-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Fed better get a bigger racquet without any K factor nonsense in it.

Mark Vessels
05-12-2007, 04:14 PM

But did you see the way he played at this year's Australian?
Won with-out dropping a set

Maybe the surface?

chiru
05-12-2007, 11:42 PM
The guy loves her. He has been with her for 6 years. People always talk abiout how much a DOG Haas and Safin are, but when a guy is committed to someone, people want to hack them down too. I give him a lot of credit. He could have soooo many women. She has to be a great person...at least to him and his family.

Why can't anyone be committed to a hot girl? look at sampras, he was comitted for some lenght of time to all of his gfs (and now his wife) and they were all smokin.

BreakPoint
05-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Actually, he never even started with the nCode. He's been using the K90 since 2002.

BreakPoint
05-13-2007, 12:38 AM

Yeah, that must be it! Ha ha ha LMAO. :lol:

BreakPoint
05-13-2007, 12:43 AM
But then Nadal will get an even bigger racquet and still keep beating Federer, right?

So Federer should go right to the 200 sq. in. racquet right now, shouldn't he? :rolleyes:

Morrissey
05-13-2007, 01:29 AM

Absolutely correct. Youre wrote a pretty accurate post. Even the part on his not finding Mirka hot anymore. She needs to get on a diet. He is also fragile since his losses to Canas. Whether of not Fed fans admit it, the coaching change only confirmed what we thought to begin with. Hes going through a serious problem, hes not showing any signs of getting closer to Nadal on clay and hes running out of time to change that. Before you know it hes 28-29 and still without a French Open title. Thing is, he wont get the chance to play Nadal in the final if he keeps like this. He may lose to someone else beforehand.

pow
05-13-2007, 01:31 AM
All the people that claim Federer is using a paintjob, is he still using a PS 85 or what?!? lol.

BreakPoint
05-13-2007, 01:38 AM
All the people that claim Federer is using a paintjob, is he still using a PS 85 or what?!? lol.
No, he's not using a PS 6.0 85. He's using essentially a K90 and has been since he switched from the PS 6.0 85 in 2002. It's just that Wilson has finally made the K90 available to the public 5 years after Federer started using it.

holy_angel
05-13-2007, 01:49 AM
ho ho ho.... n90 from K90... is that an upgrade or downgrade?

personally, i would think its the player and not the racquet....give Fed any racquet and he would still whoop many of us nice and easy.....

actually, i don understand this thing bout PJ and all....why din Fed just stuck to his highly sucessful N90? look at Sampras and how he promoted the PS 6.0 85 till today it is still a venerable racquet....

i would think N90 deserves credit...it is a well balanced racquet and the PJ is nice and decent too....nothing too fancy like the K90s......

Mark Vessels
05-18-2007, 12:14 PM

It is impossible, contract buddy

lordmanji
05-18-2007, 01:41 PM
imo, fed was invincible at the aus open. some of his shots like the one against roddick was amazing but more than that he was very aggressive and confident. the federer right now (and since canas) seems less aggressive. seems content pushing ball back down the middle if his first amazing shot is retrieved, then gets killed.

sureshs
05-18-2007, 01:42 PM
But then Nadal will get an even bigger racquet and still keep beating Federer, right?

So Federer should go right to the 200 sq. in. racquet right now, shouldn't he? :rolleyes:

No Nadal will still beat him with the same racquet. But maybe not Volandri or Canas.

poplar
05-18-2007, 02:01 PM

actually there's a discussion in the racquet section. Some supposedly insider said he got an even smaller racquet. Doesn't make sense to me either, but the source is said to be somewhat reliable.

BreakPoint
05-18-2007, 11:44 PM
No Nadal will still beat him with the same racquet.
So even if Federer used a 200 sq. in. racquet, Nadal would still beat him on clay? If so, then why should Federer bother switching? :confused:

And doesn't that just prove it's not the size of the racquet that matters?

inthesky
05-19-2007, 12:59 AM
The k90 looks like spiderman's racket

Awesome. i first saw this racket a few weeks ago, couldn't quite put my finger on something about it till i read this sentence.

dh003i
05-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Why can't anyone be committed to a hot girl? look at sampras, he was comitted for some lenght of time to all of his gfs (and now his wife) and they were all smokin.

They can. But there's nothing wrong with being committed to someone who some people don't consider "hot" either.

And a reality about "hot girls": most of them are stuck up b.itches, because the entire world has praised them for their looks, and that's what they've worked on (instead of their ethics and integrity). When you are taught that you're rewarded for looking sexy, instead of being virtuous, and that if you're sexy enough, you can get away with being a *****, that kind of doesn't provide any incentive against being a b.itch.

Fred The Red
05-20-2007, 04:48 AM
since the start of the K factor only one grand slam tournament played.

guess who won it with wich racquet...

drakulie
05-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Should Nadal switch to a larger frame???

SHANKS
Fed: 1 FH, 2BH= 3 total
Nadal: 4 FH, 1 BH = 5 total

WINNERS
Fed: 15 FH, 2 BH= 17 total
Nadal: 5 FH, 5BH= 10 total

BAGELS
Fed= zero
Nadal= one

ShooterMcMarco
05-20-2007, 08:19 AM
lol drak spamming every federer related thread

drakulie
05-20-2007, 08:31 AM
fed Is The King Of Clay

Keifers
05-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Should Nadal switch to a larger frame???

SHANKS
Fed: 1 FH, 2BH= 3 total
Nadal: 4 FH, 1 BH = 5 total

WINNERS
Fed: 15 FH, 2 BH= 17 total
Nadal: 5 FH, 5BH= 10 total

BAGELS
Fed= zero
Nadal= one
Interesting stats, drak. Thanks.

In answer to your question, yes, I think Rafa should switch to a larger frame. (But not a V-olkl because, you know, he would more than likely become a humorless, self-important, etc. etc... Right? ;) )

drakulie
05-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Interesting stats, drak. Thanks.

In answer to your question, yes, I think Rafa should switch to a larger frame. (But not a V-olkl because, you know, he would more than likely become a humorless, self-important, etc. etc... Right? ;) )

Yes, Moya should too. Here are the stats of the semi-final match with Fed:

Shanks:
Fed: 4 FH, 3 BH= 7 total
Moya: 7 FH, 2 BH= 9 total

Winners
Fed: 23 FH, 7 BH = 30 total
Moya: 12 FH, 5 BH= 17 total

Should Moya switch from his Babolat to something larger? :roll:

Keifers
05-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes, Moya should too. Here are the stats of the semi-final match with Fed:

Shanks: