PDA

View Full Version : Message to Fed, drop Tiger hang out with Floyd Mayweather instead.

Taram_Nifas
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I think the reason why Fed is slumping is because he's spending too much time hanging out with people who don't really scream "fighting spirit", I mean, Tiger Woods is a golfer, golf is not a sport I don't care what anybody says and cmon Thierry Henry?? He should strike up a friendship with undefeated Welterweight Champ Floyd Mayweather Jr., you know they can hang out with 50 Cent, walked around with $30,000 dollars worth of rolled up 100 dollar bills. Plus he's getting fat and needs to train, he can be Floyd's sparring partner..

ShooterMcMarco
05-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Mayweather wouldn't be able to dodge the Federer forehand, too much racquet speed. Even if he shanks him, hes toast.

ayoPATRICIO
05-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Mayweather wouldn't be able to dodge the Federer forehand, too much racquet speed. Even if he shanks him, hes toast.

wow..no offense, but that was really corny.

Nextman916
05-10-2007, 11:35 AM
why would u hang out with a gorilla?

Baghdatis72
05-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Federer should hang out with Angelina Jolie and then he would gain a very "fighting" spirit although Mirka would kill him :lol:

pmata814
05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
How can he gain "fighting spirit" from a guy who spent 12 rounds RUNNING AWAY from the fight? Never mind, this belongs in another forum.

Taram_Nifas
05-10-2007, 12:28 PM
How can he gain "fighting spirit" from a guy who spent 12 rounds RUNNING AWAY from the fight? Never mind, this belongs in another forum.

;) *tongue in cheek thread*

Exactly why they would make bossom buddies, both are considered the best in their sports and frankly have no marbles.

gugarafa
05-11-2007, 04:40 AM
May who?the guy didn't even win on knockout it was points,then again this belongs in a different forum.

latinking
05-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Mayweather doesn't have a fighting sprit. That is why he will never be thought of as one of the greatest. He is way to defensive. Don't get me wrong he is amazing at that stlye, but he never just fights, he boxes and fans want someone with heart, not just skill. ( mind you he got skills in buckets)

latinking
05-11-2007, 05:20 AM

Well put...

Taram_Nifas
05-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Mayweather doesn't have a fighting sprit. That is why he will never be thought of as one of the greatest. He is way to defensive. Don't get me wrong he is amazing at that stlye, but he never just fights, he boxes and fans want someone with heart, not just skill. ( mind you he got skills in buckets)

He sounds like the Federer of Boxing.

They're both arrogant, they're both considered the best in their sports eventhough they lack tenacity. And since Federer is a fanboy who likes to be seen with people who are at the top of their sports maybe Mirka should be calling Mayweather's agent for a photo op? no?

latinking
05-11-2007, 05:47 AM

They're both arrogant, they're both considered the best in their sports eventhough they lack tenacity. And since Federer is a fanboy who likes to be seen with people who are at the top of their sports maybe Mirka should be calling Mayweather's agent for a photo op? no?

Fed Arrogant really, I guess. If he is, he is not on Mayweather's level of arrogance. And they are different in a way. I find Fed goes for his shots, doesn't play defensive at all. Always stays on the basline to the point where it hurts him on clay. Mayweather is all about defence.If anything Fed is more like De lay hoya. lol.

latinking
05-11-2007, 05:48 AM

I do see your point though.

Taram_Nifas
05-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Fed Arrogant really, I guess. If he is, he is not on Mayweather's level of arrogance. And they are different in a way. I find Fed goes for his shots, doesn't play defensive at all. Always stays on the basline to the point where it hurts him on clay. Mayweather is all about defence.If anything Fed is more like De lay hoya. lol.

Yeah it is a different kind of arrogance, I think because you know Federer has a sophisticated European type of arrogance, while Floyd was born in a tough Michigan town with druggie parents. Hmm De La Hoya and Federer, hmm I think Oscar is genuinely more a gentleman than Fed, but I can see it, De La Hoya built part of his reputation and buzz on pounding an aging Julio Cesar Chavez, which a lot of Chavez fans won't forget and Federer beat an aging Sampras in Wimbledon.

latinking
05-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Yeah it is a different kind of arrogance, I think because you know Federer has a sophisticated European type of arrogance, while Floyd was born in a tough Michigan town with druggie parents. Hmm De La Hoya and Federer, hmm I think Oscar is genuinely more a gentleman than Fed, but I can see it, De La Hoya built part of his reputation and buzz on pounding an aging Julio Cesar Chavez, which a lot of Chavez fans won't forget and Federer beat an aging Sampras in Wimbledon.

LOL, yeah you are right great points.

Mark Vessels
05-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I think the reason why Fed is slumping is because he's spending too much time hanging out with people who don't really scream "fighting spirit", I mean, Tiger Woods is a golfer, golf is not a sport I don't care what anybody says and cmon Thierry Henry?? He should strike up a friendship with undefeated Welterweight Champ Floyd Mayweather Jr., you know they can hang out with 50 Cent, walked around with $30,000 dollars worth of rolled up 100 dollar bills. Plus he's getting fat and needs to train, he can be Floyd's sparring partner..

Thierry Henry? Imbecile. He is the main reason why France was in the world cup last year. He is the Top 100 influential people according to Time Magazine. He speaks out against racists.

But Floyd Mayweather is a cool guy, his dad is kinda weird, jk

http://www.notifight.com/artman/uploads/mayweatherpadrehijo1.jpg

don't mess around with Tursunov-http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/shared/2006/other/tursunov_valuev.jpg

Feņa14
05-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow, what's wrong with Henry?

Federer should probably start hanging out with Drogba though, that guy has a real fighting spirit and the charity work that he does is right up there with Federer. Drogba and Federer are still the best in the world at what they do.

gugarafa
05-14-2007, 10:26 PM
drogba? no i think kaka is more like it

Hot Sauce
05-14-2007, 10:30 PM

It doesn't even matter how boring your style is or how much the fans like you (this applies to any sport). That doesn't stop you from being the greatest, or one of the greatest.

teedub
05-14-2007, 10:33 PM
kaka and droga play different positions, I don't think Drogba or any other striker really could compare to a fit Ronaldo even today - and he seems to be getting fitter at inter. Henry is also better technically than drogba.

anyways i've got nothing to contribute to this thread really, just had to get that out.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
05-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Nah, he should hang out with John Amaechi, the British former NBA player for the Utah Jazz. Would do loads with working out certain issues.

War, Safin!
05-15-2007, 05:35 AM
Why would he want to hang out with a safetly-first, ultra-defensive, pot-shotter who talks too much trash?

Mosley > Mayweather....

Marius_Hancu
05-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Worst BIG match I've seen lately, Floyd's with the Golden Boy. And these pretend to be great. Just statistics.

ATXtennisaddict
05-15-2007, 05:55 AM
Federer should hang out with NADAL. That guy has the greatest fighting spirit I've ever seen from an athlete.

And perhaps some people from Chelsea FC, as much as I don't like chelsea. Their last game against Arsenal was pretty inspiring, especially the 2nd half.

Feņa14
05-15-2007, 10:13 AM
drogba? no i think kaka is more like it

At scoring goals? I don't think so.

Kaka is the best player in the world for sure, but these days nobody puts the ball in the back of the net more than Drogba.

Feņa14
05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
...And perhaps some people from Chelsea FC, as much as I don't like chelsea. Their last game against Arsenal was pretty inspiring, especially the 2nd half.

Yep. I can re-call around 10 games from last season where they have produced performances like that. Valencia, Wigan, Everton, Tottenham etc.. all spring to mind.

People say Man Utd are better to watch but they just destroy teams which isn't all that good to watch imo. Chelsea have been involved in some of the best games this season, many of which they have shown qualities that a Man Utd team couldn't.