PDA

View Full Version : The G.O.A.T has 'spooked' Federer.

War, Safin!
05-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Ever since his 'casual knock-about' with Pete Sampras back in February, look what's happened to Roger Federer: one final in 4 Masters tournaments and 4 losses overall.

The real G.O.A.T has got into his head with that practice session, I'm telling you!! :D :D

psamp14
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
and look what that casual hit did for sampras! he's back, on the champions tour, and won his first competitive tournament! :)

of course thats not the reason federer's 'slumping'....;)

Shaolin
05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
and look what that casual hit did for sampras! he's back, on the champions tour, and won his first competitive tournament! :)

Sampras stole Fed's mojo.

tintin
05-10-2007, 01:51 PM
the GOAT never even made the finals of RG!;)

All Courts
05-10-2007, 02:28 PM
the GOAT never even made the finals of RG!;)

Ding ding!

BigboyDan
05-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Roger, through a lack of defending points won last calendar year, has lost a 1000+ entry points since Jan 1, and he's going to lose another 750+ by Aug 1.

Year-end #1 will be for grabs IF Roger doesn't win BOTH Wimby and the US Open - makes for better tennis...

ferocious4hand
05-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Finally, Fed's reign is OVAH...

tennishead93
05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
if he wins the next 3 slams all of u will be ****ed off!(i am not a roger fan)

Gugarocks
05-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Finally, Fed's reign is OVAH...

I think he'll be dominant when the claycourt season is over

armand
05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Yes Pete Sampras had a lot to do with Federer's loss but it's no curse. They hung out and talked recently and I'm sure Pete talked about how he only gave his all for the Slams and the other tournaments weren't worth busting yourself for. Fed has listened.

psamp14
05-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes Pete Sampras had a lot to do with Federer's loss but it's no curse. They hung out and talked recently and I'm sure Pete talked about how he only gave his all for the Slams and the other tournaments weren't worth busting yourself for. Fed has listened.

are you saying federer's going to win the french open, wimbledon, and the us open?? :)

tHotGates
05-10-2007, 04:07 PM

Coming from a Sampras fan, touché.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
05-10-2007, 06:48 PM
BEST EVER
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/cmhigs666/p1.jpg

Matt H.
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Roger, through a lack of defending points won last calendar year, has lost a 1000+ entry points since Jan 1, and he's going to lose another 750+ by Aug 1.

Year-end #1 will be for grabs IF Roger doesn't win BOTH Wimby and the US Open - makes for better tennis...

look at the ATP Race leaderboard right now. Nadal 365 to Fed's 346. Nadal has already guarenteed to increase that with the Rome tournament. If he wins, he could lead by about 110+ points (grand slam win is worth 200, final 140....MS win 100, final 70).

If Nadal wins the French and Fed doesn't at least make the final, Nadal will most likely finish the year end #1.

asintu
05-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Ever since his 'casual knock-about' with Pete Sampras back in February, look what's happened to Roger Federer: one final in 4 Masters tournaments and 4 losses overall.

The real G.O.A.T has got into his head with that practice session, I'm telling you!! :D :D

man..you really got a point there. never thought about it..props

armand
05-10-2007, 08:38 PM
are you saying federer's going to win the french open, wimbledon, and the us open?? :)Short answer is Yes, the long answer is a No with a But.

RF "But I think the fans deserve to see the best effort, no matter if they're in a small town attending a small tournament or not"

PS "You either choose to be the nice guy or the great champion. You've actually done both for years with amazing success but sooner or later it will catch up with you. You will start slowing down, everybody does. And it doesn't just happen overnight and you wake up and suddenly you've lost a step, no. It's a gradual progression and it's happening already."

[silence as Roger Federer is in deep thought]

PS "And if you're worried about the fans don't be. 99% of them can't tell you're not giving your best, they're just there for the sights, the sounds, the shopping whatever. They want to see you step onto the court, hit a coupla great shots and go home and continue with their lives. They're not there to analyze the minutia of your game. In fact, I think they would be more entertained if they saw you get upset by the hometown underdog.
"Just listen to your body. If you're not feeling great, if you're feeling stiff, don't force it. And don't worry about it.
When it's the 5th set in the US Open, then you bring it up a notch and make the sacrifice. Not for some micky mouse tournament no one will remember in 5 years."

Gilgamesh
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM

I just want to say it's great to see Pistol Pete back playing competitive tennis. I really wanted to watch his match with JMac. Shame it wasn't on TV where I live.

Gilgamesh
05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
If Nadal wins the French and Fed doesn't at least make the final, Nadal will most likely finish the year end #1.

Final? Are you talking about not making FO final? When grass season starts and hardcourt season restarts Fed will most likely reclaim the lead.

roysid
05-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Correction. Among slams Pete didn't care about French after '96. He realised he isn't gonna win that. So all for Wimbledon, US Open and year end masters.

oberyn
05-11-2007, 06:38 AM

I think it's voodoo. Sampras already had the doll he was just missing some of Fed's hair to make it complete. I think that, a la Newman on the "Barber of Seville" episode of Seinfeld, Pistol Pete had a pair of scissors handy, just looking for the right opportunity to snip off a few of Fed's locks.

Craig Sheppard
05-11-2007, 06:41 AM
look at the ATP Race leaderboard right now. Nadal 365 to Fed's 346. Nadal has already guarenteed to increase that with the Rome tournament. If he wins, he could lead by about 110+ points (grand slam win is worth 200, final 140....MS win 100, final 70).

Nobody cares about the ATP Race. Entry rankings are all that matter. You won't finish year end #1 by winning the ATP Race.

Attila the tennis Bum
05-11-2007, 06:43 AM

Yeah he does not want to practice on clay or gear himself up for the fench. Sure.....;)