PDA

View Full Version : Serve & Volleyers


cereal
05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
as American Juniors most of us know that 90% of juniors out there are power hungry and try to slam the ball the rest 10% are the good juniors :)

but seriously do you guys know any Junior serve and volleyers I know of 1 guy in Texas he's a super and hes ranked like 60 and he serves and volleys.

anyone else?

ibringtheHEAT
05-10-2007, 06:07 PM
um like every single kid in U14 Zats..............i was so glad when i champed up

NebAce1
05-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Devin Britton is a serve and vollyer and he is one of the best juniors in the country.

thejackal
05-10-2007, 10:04 PM
played one yesturday. lost 3-6 6-3 6-2. i lost a lot of points when i tried to hit returns either hard or down the line. second set i had good success getting the first ball low and then passing or lobbing on the second shot. in the end i had a lot of trouble holding my own serve (we play no-ad) and that cost me in the third.

Milano
05-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I recently changed from the baseline basher to S&V and am winning a lot more. Seems like a lot of people get confused when someone comes to the net, though I am not ranked yet.

brayman9
05-12-2007, 11:01 AM
i would like to SV but i feal i am not big enough 5 2 and don't have good net judgement so i should stay away from the net

mhstennis100
05-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I serve and volley some points. My volleys aren't exactly great so I don't do it in close situations but if I'm up by a good margin I'll do it for practice.

Forehand Forever
05-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Once I'm able to start serving again, I'm gonna start doing some serve and volleying. After I get rid of old bad habits.

103xStateChamp
05-13-2007, 11:51 AM
There's a 6'7" serve&volleyer in NEO good player. lil slow and kinda easy to pass if you have a good passing shot but dont try to lob him.

zcj41
05-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Lol, Devin is probably the best serve and volleyer his age. But against tough opponents he just wins matches like 6 and 6. His serve and volley obviously his two weapons, he will be unstoppable once he develops his return and groundstrokes to their potential.

htrain
05-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I serve and volley, the key is good pace and placement on the serve.

Janne
05-28-2007, 01:04 PM
When I actually learn how to serve and develop decent volleys I´ll start serving and volleying about 50% of the time and more if it's successful. :)

BigBUBBA
05-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Devin Britton is the best junior s&v out there...

thejackal
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
at least personally chip & charging is a lot more effective and easier to do than serve/volley.

JMS
06-13-2007, 05:42 PM
I was playing in a big tournament in NC a couple weeks ago and one of the top seeds strictly serve and volleyed

mJeez4293
06-13-2007, 05:46 PM
i probably serve and volley through the first few rounds at most tournaments...

until the competition gets tougher

Tommy Hass
06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
I know this guy who goes to Taft his name is Nate Doneelson I think. He is absolutely dirty serve and Volleyer. He is there number one and he is going to play D1 college.

JMS
06-22-2007, 08:42 AM
i probably serve and volley through the first few rounds at most tournaments...

until the competition gets tougher

that is what my coach wants me to start doing

Bodacious DVT
06-22-2007, 09:05 AM
i know of a few serve and volleyers around here

why wont it let me say m1dw3st?

JMS
06-22-2007, 09:18 AM
i know of a few serve and volleyers around here

why wont it let me say m1dw3st?

it is a competitor of tennis warehouse

cujays
06-22-2007, 10:15 AM
when you serve and volley where do you place your serve

Bodacious DVT
06-22-2007, 11:04 AM
when you serve and volley where do you place your serve

you cant just pick one place, you have to mix it up. serving down the line reduces their angles of return. serving out wide will open the court for an easier put-away, and serving at the body can cause a weak return.

you have to keep your opponent guessing

NebAce1
06-22-2007, 06:13 PM
It also depends on your opponent and your ability to volley.