PDA

View Full Version : tennisone free trial membership

Tomek
09-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Hi all,
I got mail from tennisone website telling that I can get free membership for 60 days with a link in it. It was on 14/04/2004 but I did read it just few days a go.
So I went to the website and there is such an information: "Welcome. Kevin Pope has given you a free 30 day trial of TennisOne, the Internetís leading tennis instruction site. After filling out the information below, youíll receive a confirmation email which will explain how to activate your free account, and you can start enjoying TennisOne!"
I just had to send my mail address and password. So I did, but then, nothing happens. So I wrote to the administrator but he didn't reply...
I was so happy that I will have an opportunity to check what tennisone has to offer. I'm a young instructor of tennis and it could be really helpful...
So if anybody has an idea what's happening and what can I do, please write then....

Tomek
09-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Ok, I've checked it better... Now you have to give them more informations but still you can get a month for free. Problem is I haven't credit card :(

a529612
09-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Can you post the link of this offer?

Tomek
09-24-2004, 05:58 AM
old one: http://tennisone.com/membership/pro.html?last=pope
new one: https://tennisone.com/membership/register.html

predrag
09-24-2004, 07:50 AM
old one: http://tennisone.com/membership/pro.html?last=pope
new one: https://tennisone.com/membership/register.html

Be careful, tennisone is know not to cancel you subscription after your free trial expires.

I am not saying that you should not sign up and even pay for the membership, BUT IF you don't want to, be careful.

Regards, Predrag

a529612
09-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Do they charge your credit card upfront? I mean do they charge you a full year before the free trial expires?

predrag
09-27-2004, 06:58 AM
Do they charge your credit card upfront? I mean do they charge you a full year before the free trial expires?

I am not sure. You could go to old TW message board and search for it. There was a thread about it.

Regards, Predrag

fantom
09-27-2004, 10:14 AM
I did this a few months back. They didn't ever charge me. I e-mailed them a few days before the month was over and they cancelled my subscription. The day that month expires, the'll surely charge you, though.

Kryztof
03-17-2005, 08:19 AM
For me they didn't cancelled my subscription, i saw that today with my bank :(
I've sent to cancel@tennisone.com that i didn't want to continue and it was still during the first month of the free trial (it was during february).
They didn't reply me so i belived it was ok , that i was cancelled from them but it wasn't... so what can i do now to get back my money ?
And why they didn't answer to the email?
I sent two emails to have explication from them about this probleme and i'm waiting...

vin
03-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Kryztof,

I'd send them another email explaining the situation. If they're not cooperative enough to refund your money, hopefully you used a credit card because you can then dispute the charge through your credit card company. If you used a debit card, I'm not sure what you can do, but it's at least worth a call to your bank.

Kryztof
03-17-2005, 09:27 AM
thanks you win, i'm waiting for their reply...

Kryztof
03-23-2005, 12:52 PM
it's ok now, tennisone credit back my account ;)

tom-selleck
03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
i've almost given up totally on "free" trial memberships.... the best are where they don't require your credit card #..... if they ask for your credit card #, it's a little questionable the value, although obviously i would run their site the same way.... i will say that alot of sites are good about cancelling your subscription but it's alot of work/worry. rather have straight free membership.

ABC
03-23-2005, 02:25 PM
All you guys, what's your general opinion of tennisone? Is it worth the fifty bucks? Are those videos good quality or should I just continue recording from tv?

What about Procomparetennis? or Yandells new site Tennisplayer? Are any of you members, or know anything about them. How do they compare to tennisone? Other than price of course.