PDA

View Full Version : Who most looks like Agassi?

Roger Sampras
05-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Ok, I admit it! I'm obsessed with Andre! I love to watch him - mostly his serve and forehand. And I (atempt) to copy his technique. My own style of play is largely based around trying to mimick his service and forehand and his footwork and his attcking style of play....anyways...who would you say out of the current top players most closely resembles Andre (in technique)...me thinks Fed(??)
Your thoughts?

Jules
05-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Federer?? You've gotta be kiddin'??

There's a couple of guys I think resembles Andres style more or less (but definitely more than Fed)

Off the top of my head:

Davydenko
Malisse
Baghdatis

Roger Sampras
05-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Federer?? You've gotta be kiddin'??

There's a couple of guys I think resembles Andres style more or less (but definitely more than Fed)

Off the top of my head:

Davydenko
Malisse
Baghdatis

Davydenko! Are you drunk!
Fed however seems to have a similar service and forehand motion to Andre.
I havnt seen Malisse and Baghdatis play yet but will have a look :D

thu_huong
05-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Roger is a very good player for me and Agassi as well, but I don't think that Roger looks like Agassi.
can't find one

helloworld
05-12-2007, 03:25 AM

I think you are drunk! He's right about Davydenko. Davydenko's game mostly resembles Agassi in many aspects. If you know tennis, you'll understand what I said.

Duzza
05-12-2007, 04:03 AM

Davydenko plays a lot like Agassi, taking the ball early. He also has the hair ;)

slice bh compliment
05-12-2007, 04:17 AM
In the pressroom: Andy Roddick. Cadence and diction....100% Andre wannabe.

On the baseline: Kiefer, Rios, Davydenko, Baghdatis for sure, Djokovic, Safin, and just about every modern pro with a 2 h bh, including some women.

At net: Roddick and many others who feel most comfortable closer to the baseline.

In the barber shop: Jimmy Connors, Billy Ray Cyrus, Dog the bounty hunter, Davydenko, Ljubicic, Medvedev. In that order.

In philanthropy: nobody comes close, but Mac, Roddick and Federer are somewhere close.

Batoussai
05-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Ok, I admit it! I'm obsessed with Andre! I love to watch him - mostly his serve and forehand. And I (atempt) to copy his technique. My own style of play is largely based around trying to mimick his service and forehand and his footwork and his attcking style of play....

Then why is your nick Roger Sampras?

:confused:

Roger Sampras
05-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Then why is your nick Roger Sampras?

:confused:

good question! i think im gonna change it!
but that sampras fella wasnt that bad either ah :)

War, Safin!
05-12-2007, 08:17 AM
good question! i think im gonna change it!
but that sampras fella wasnt that bad either ah :)
But, you're that obsessed with Agassi, you still created your account under the monicker of 'Roger Sampras'.

Guevin
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I haven't found anyone with an Agassi-like forehand or serve, but the person with the backhand that most resembles his is, in my opinion, Ana Ivanovic.

I got immediate flashbacks of a young Agassi when I first saw her rip some backhands; the footwork, form, follow-through and finish, very Agassi-like.

tennishead93
05-12-2007, 08:59 AM
james blake has a close forehand that has a short backswing

oscar_2424
05-12-2007, 09:05 AM
But, you're that obsessed with Agassi, you still created your account under the monicker of 'Roger Sampras'.

you should have been roger agassi...

Shaolin
05-12-2007, 10:33 AM
http://www.nndb.com/people/762/000023693/danny.jpg

http://www.zeenews.com/pics/ENT/andre-agassi-012007.jpg

diegaa
05-12-2007, 10:52 AM

i was about to make a comment in this exact issue. :)

Roger Sampras
05-12-2007, 04:32 PM

i think what prompted my choice of name was the fact that both pete and roger are largely regarded as the two greatest players in recent times - so i thought to combine both their names in an ironic jest. plus i love those guys too...i got a so much love to give :D

!Tym
05-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Well, just in terms of physical apperance only, UFC president Dana White sounds like Agassi, talks like Agassi, walks like Agassi, is about the same height and build as Agassi, is bald like Agassi, has boxing in his blood like Agassi, and most of all looks EXACTLY like Agassi...and I do mean EXACTLY. It's really eerie sometimes, heck even films out of Vegas.

keithchircop
05-13-2007, 01:51 AM
In the barber shop: Jimmy Connors, Billy Ray Cyrus, Dog the bounty hunter, Davydenko, Ljubicic, Medvedev. In that order.

hahahahaha

Roger Sampras
05-13-2007, 03:24 AM
Well, just in terms of physical apperance only, UFC president Dana White sounds like Agassi, talks like Agassi, walks like Agassi, is about the same height and build as Agassi, is bald like Agassi, has boxing in his blood like Agassi, and most of all looks EXACTLY like Agassi...and I do mean EXACTLY. It's really eerie sometimes, heck even films out of Vegas.

who cares. does he play tennis (well)?

thu_huong
05-13-2007, 03:26 AM
, . He also has the hair ;)
ha ha 200% agree:p

Wondertoy
05-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Yes, Davydenko plays very much like Agassi. Why do people say that Davydenko's tennis is boring and Agassi's tennis was exciting?

Tennisace1
05-13-2007, 08:35 AM
playing style wise nalbandian is almost perfect to andre. Except andre is physically stronger and hits it harder. More better of a baseline striker. Fitness as well

ttwarrior1
05-13-2007, 10:55 AM
the guy on the spike channel ultimate fighting show looks like agassi

BaseLineBash
05-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Nicolas Kiefer, his backhand, forhand, footwork and technique are almost indentical. The serve, attitude, hand-eye and greatness are the separating factors.

BaseLineBash
05-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes, Davydenko plays very much like Agassi. Why do people say that Davydenko's tennis is boring and Agassi's tennis was exciting?

Uh, no he doesn't. Agassi has a short backswing on both sides. Andre also has more elbow bend on his 2 hander... there games are just completely different if you really watch.

Pete Semper
05-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Rios and Hewitt play a lot like Agassi.

noeledmonds
05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Agassi did not play like Davydenko. Agassi was considerably more aggressive than Davydenko, particularly in his younger days. I can't imagine Davydenko hitting this shot for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBqWpQXGBvw

I agree that Rios and Agassi had similar games. I think their are strong similarites to Safin too. Both had big base line games and were prepared to be aggressive from the base line. They were both clean ball strikers hitting the ball relativly flat. Both had deadly two-handed backhands, both went through periods of mental lapse during matches (Safin far more than Agassi). Safin also had a bigger serve than Agassi and a less consistant set of strokes without Agassi's backhand drop shot.

Mark Vessels
05-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Robby Ginepri looks a lot like him.

Still has no game.

kalic
05-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Hewitt, because of hiting early

VikingSamurai
05-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Who cares........