PDA

View Full Version : forehand flying, backhand framing, loosing my head.. HELP!!!

Teh_pwnerer
05-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Ok guys i come here to request some help, i went to play with my dad today (like 50 mins ago) and since we started i was framming balls on the forehand side, then i fixed it, i realized i was moving away from the ball, we kept playing, then we started a 2 set match, i gotta say... OMFG, i was sucking so bad.. every single forehand shot was either flying out of the club or hitting the net, every single backhand i hit went with side spin (yes wtf?) or i was hitting with the frame, i was so frustrated man, its always like this i dont know why i get so frustrated, i used to play very well now i cant, theres a tourney next weekend i dont think imma play in it, if i cant control myself during a regular match how am i going to play in a freaken tournament.. my dad broke for the 5-2 and theres where i lost it, i yelled and hit a ball over the wall and had to run to get it, when i got back to the club i saw my dad walking out and well here i am. my service was ok, but my FH. BH and my HEAD are horrible right now, people say i feel like this because of my age (15), the hormon thing and stuff, but im not sure if its that this month ive been feeling like im good for nothing.

Please guys i need some advice, i love tennis but if this continues i dont know what im going to do:sad: :-(

and no, im not EMO id rather kill myself before turning emo..

chrisak47
05-12-2007, 07:05 PM
First off, just calm down. Its a bad day and every has bad days. To improve upon it, I really think you should find out more of why these things happened.

Factors could be concentration? Wind? Who knows. But, what I think is that for the forehand side, maybe you could adjust more during a match. Hit more topspin to keep the ball in. Conditions change all the time, and so must you. As for framing, was it lack of concentration or did the wind just mess you up?

As for having side spin on your backhand drive. I think you should drive through the ball more with foreward motion. Don't pull away towards the right during your stroke. Plant yourself.

I might be crazy so if this advice seems like crap, your welcomed to listen to others who will post.

Teh_pwnerer
05-12-2007, 09:14 PM
thanks for answering, since ur the only one who did..

neways no there was no wind, and yes it was lack of concentration, but i already have the mentality that i will start playing really bad.. thanks for answering tho

jasoncho92
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
I just had a bad day too. Mostly because it was so windy and the balls i were playing with were completely flat

Teh_pwnerer
05-12-2007, 10:49 PM
in my case there was no wind and balls were completly new =S

ericwong
05-14-2007, 03:58 AM
Gotta accept the fact that every player has a bad day. If you feel something is not right, take a deep breath and take a step back for a moment. Then slowly get back into the groove by trying to hit the ball consistently with minimum unforce. As what Boris Becker said in the
Volkl ad, " Its all up to you". How you wanna play is in your head. Players you see in tournaments need silent is because they are focusing to hit the ball. Trying hard to be consistent with every shot thrown to them.

Happy hitting

Duzza
05-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Maybe it's that time of the month for you.

kimizz
05-14-2007, 05:24 AM
I consider my BH to be a solid asset to my game, still it fails me occasionally.

One problem has been hitting with the frame. THere is two things to look for if it happens...at least this helped me.

1)I framed the ball cause I wasnt hitting "through" the ball. I kind of started slowing the swing as the racquet was closing the ball, this of course was unintentional. Most of the times this happened when I tried a DTL shot. Basically when I decided to go for a Down the Line shot I didnt swing, I "pushed" the ball. When I framed I noticed that this "pushing" made both of my hands bend, when normally I have the other arm completely straight.

I dont have this problem anymore. I try to remain relaxed, hit through the ball and make a giant followthrough :) Of course the giant followthro isnt necessary, but it makes sure im not slowing the swing when Im about to hit the ball.

2)This is simple and complicated. LOOK AT THE BALL. Especially when you make contact with the ball.

Narcissist
05-15-2007, 05:15 AM
I think most of us here have experienced exactly this. It was a bad day, go and hit against a wall if you can and get some confidence back in your strokes or fix problems in your own time.

With lots of mishits I usually find I'm not watching the ball right into contact.

Teh_pwnerer
05-15-2007, 01:59 PM
i tried all of ur advices yesterday at the practice and man!. what a difference i was hitting like 80% of the balls rite where i wanted them aand right ont he sweetspot, i was watching the ball and focusing. thanks for the help guys =)

smoothtennis
05-16-2007, 08:34 AM
I think most of us here have experienced exactly this. It was a bad day, go and hit against a wall if you can and get some confidence back in your strokes or fix problems in your own time.

With lots of mishits I usually find I'm not watching the ball right into contact.

I had this problem recently, and I went to the wall several times, and got my strokes back. The thing with the wall is, you have only one thing to think about, and that is the wall, and your timing. You are not thinking about the opponent, and you are not looking at him, or watching the other side of a court. You concentrate on the ball, and your balance, and smoothness. You prove right there, that you can do it if you can get your mental side focused on the right thing.

The trick is to get that feeling, and transfer it to the court against a real person. So I would hit the wall until it was very comfortable and relaxed, then get a guy to hit with me. I could feel the tendency to try to focus on him, and look over that net a lot. But you can do it.

Now I have to get into another tourney, and duplicate that feeling, which is easier said than done.

Supernatural_Serve
05-16-2007, 08:37 AM
when this happens, dial back the power and spin 10%, steady the head, and make an extra effort to watch the ball. Focus on fundamentals.

You'll be in usual form in no time, sometimes in a matter of a few minutes.

shindemac
05-16-2007, 08:56 AM
because of my age (15), the hormon thing and stuff, but im not sure if its that this month ive been feeling like im good for nothing.

If this happens to you every month, then you should avoid playing on those days of the month. Just wait a few days, it will pass, the bloating will go away, your hormones will go down, and you'll be back to normal. At least as normal as a teenager can be.

It sounds like you're an EMO in denial.

shindemac
05-16-2007, 09:00 AM
thanks for answering, since ur the only one who did..

You need to be more patient and wait more than a couple hours for the responses. If you want instant gratification, talk to your friends, your dad, or your siblings if you have any.

9000tennis
05-16-2007, 09:07 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:p :p :p

Teh_pwnerer
05-16-2007, 01:48 PM
If this happens to you every month, then you should avoid playing on those days of the month. Just wait a few days, it will pass, the bloating will go away, your hormones will go down, and you'll be back to normal. At least as normal as a teenager can be.

It sounds like you're an EMO in denial.

oh fck NO! im not emo i swear i hate that sh1t, ive never painted my nails black, dressed completly black or cried during classes, im not a bad cheap imitation of goth, im just freaken depressed thats it, but im not anymore